Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Sep 26, 2021 at 9:03 AM Post #32,672 of 40,696
Agreed with @CL14715 & @Tristy - Odin’s bass is definitely more controlled than LX, but I still find the quantity more than sufficient. I still consider Odin to have my favourite IEM bass. The combination of note density, texture, speed and dynamics put it in another class IMO. IE900 would be my next choice, followed closely by LX, IER-Z1R & Trio :)

Sep 26, 2021 at 9:11 AM Post #32,674 of 40,696
@CL14715 you've probably mentioned this already, but does EVO bass match Odin's quality?
I don’t find the LX bombastic either lol. I just know that many do so I keep that perspective when mentioning it overall.

EVO bass quality definitely matches that of the Odin. It may even surpass it for me considering it matches it in quality despite being elevated in quantity. It’s hard to get big bass to sound as controlled while being thunderous. They figured it out.

Sep 26, 2021 at 9:20 AM Post #32,675 of 40,696
EVO bass quality definitely matches that of the Odin. It may even surpass it for me considering it matches it in quality despite being elevated in quantity. It’s hard to get big bass to sound as controlled while being thunderous. They figured it out.
😍

Sep 26, 2021 at 9:23 AM Post #32,676 of 40,696
20210926_081622.jpg

EVO bass thus far, still seasoning, surpasses ODIN for my tastes. ODIN most definitely has incredible quality bass that blends so well with the rest of its signature. EVO's bass separation has separation, lol. From the most southern bass frequency moving north through the scale the bass is all distinguishable and audible. My pair is still settling down. I will say I prefer it with the SP2000 over the 3Max thus far. Although, the 3Max has authority it most certainly gets the most from the drivers.

Sep 26, 2021 at 9:37 AM Post #32,677 of 40,696
Ever considered adding UK to Audiotours? I mean there is not much Europe left in it anyway😁

If you do can you throw couple of canisters of petrol along with it lol
I'd love to hand-deliver them!!! The biggest issue is VAT, AudioTiers doesn't have an income for covering
Thanks for your impressions. It looks like bass and mids are pretty much praised unanimously, but the treble is the source of some mixed reviews. This is what @Precogvision said in his initial impressions:

"Weaknesses? Treble is still probably the most unremarkable part of the EVO’s sound. It generally comes off as somewhat compressed intangibly, not unlike the LX SE I heard a while back, and with somewhat questionable extension."
My personal tastes tend to be more inline with Alex, @Deezel177, @CL14715, and polar opposite of @Precogvision’s, I don't know if it's because of my love for amplified music, dislike of EDM, but I often come away from his reviews disagreeing with his many of his opinions. If your tastes are in alignment with his, then absolutely he should influence you, but if not, find those whose tastes are in line with yours. With the best, of course, listening yourself, and forming your thoughts.

With that said, I'll have my review pair on Monday, writing for AudioTiers, before adding them to the tours. So, my opinion (after all that's what they are, this is a subjective exercise, not definitive) might end up in alignment, or not.

Sep 26, 2021 at 10:00 AM Post #32,678 of 40,696
My personal tastes tend to be more inline with Alex, @Deezel177, @CL14715, and polar opposite of @Precogvision’s, I don't know if it's because of my love for amplified music, dislike of EDM, but I often come away from his reviews disagreeing with his many of his opinions. If your tastes are in alignment with his, then absolutely he should influence you, but if not, find those whose tastes are in line with yours. With the best, of course, listening yourself, and forming your thoughts.
To be clear, I did not mean to say I was being "influenced" one way or the other. I am only highlighting some differences of opinion, hoping to get more views on the topic, from those who have actually heard it. I have not and probably won't for a while.

Sep 26, 2021 at 10:02 AM Post #32,679 of 40,696
To be clear, I did not mean to say I was being "influenced" one way or the other. I am only highlighting some differences of opinion, hoping to get more views on the topic, from those who have actually heard it. I have not and probably won't for a while.
We're the IE900s not your cup of tea?

Sep 26, 2021 at 10:07 AM Post #32,681 of 40,696
This made me cry, just a little. Tears of joy, of course.

Sep 26, 2021 at 10:32 AM Post #32,682 of 40,696
As a bass head I don’t feel that Odin’s bass is lacking at all. I’d say it’s on par with the Z1R’s bass in terms of quantity, possibly having more sub-bass quantity. It is lacking the bombastic quality as @CL14715 mentioned but this isn’t what Odin is about. Odin is about cleanliness, precision, texture and speed… it leaves the bombastic-ness for the signatures that suit it more like the LX.
I do like Odins bass quality and texture. But i if he does not find LX bombastic. I doubt he would consider Odins bass enough. Just because mids are so forward.
I think Mest mkII sorted that for balancing quite well. Lifted subbass and left mids a bit more linear.

Also, i did not own Odin but had a good 3 listening sessions 2 of them with my own daps cables music and tip rolling.
Still i might have been influenced by my LX. Brain burn in is a bitch.
So i think i will leave it to owners of both to describe.

Sep 26, 2021 at 10:36 AM Post #32,683 of 40,696
I do like Odins bass quality and texture. But i if he does not find LX bombastic. I doubt he would consider Odins bass enough. Just because mids are so forward.
I think Mest mkII sorted that for balancing quite well. Lifted subbass and left mids a bit more linear.

Also, i did not own Odin but had a good 3 listening sessions 2 of them with my own daps cables music and tip rolling.
Still i might have been influenced by my LX. Brain burn in is a bitch.
So i think i will leave it to owners of both to describe.
By the way, I did hear the MEST Mkii. I really liked it. There was definitely more sub bass and balance to it. The mids didn't sound as thin. I also heard the FuSang. I didn't like it as much as MEST Mkii, but I only got a few minutes with it.

Sep 26, 2021 at 11:12 AM Post #32,684 of 40,696
Sep 26, 2021 at 11:19 AM Post #32,685 of 40,696
I had some tips rolling with Hero and realize it’s very sensitive.
I realized the doesn’t need deep inserction to sounds good, so I use AET08 (L size) and I really like it 😊
The EEhero i kinda loved it , but i think i did use the BGVP W01 and Final audio tips , liked the wide bore tips more
Lovely iem !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back