Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Aug 23, 2021 at 8:09 AM Post #31,351 of 40,724
Are they the same size as the „stock“ tips (Final E)?

I am using the stock tips in „L“, will the SpinFit in L be the same or do I have to chose larger/smaller ones? Thanks

EDIT: It seems the SpinFits are a little larger, so Final-E in L would be more likely SpinFit in M?

Final E, size L:
  • L = height 10mm, outer diameter 12mm
SpinFit, size M:
  • M = height 11mm, outer diameter 12mm
I assembled this together from different sites (Amazon, 46 Audio). Not sure if reliable.
Yeah I would say try M on the SpinFit. I also usually use L for final E and I’m using M for CP155 :)

Aug 23, 2021 at 2:10 PM Post #31,353 of 40,724
But .... the fact that you read few reviews / opinions on the EE ESR MKII depends on the fact that it has not had much response or because it is the EE iem that comes out a bit out of the ordinary having a lower low range than the other EEs. lacking?

Aug 23, 2021 at 3:46 PM Post #31,354 of 40,724
Guys, is there anywhere in Europe to repair EE IEMs? The LX drivers have come loose in one the earpieces , and one or more drivers have stopped working too unfortunately.

Aug 23, 2021 at 4:40 PM Post #31,355 of 40,724
'Not an EVO-related post, but e-earphone just posted another pic of a custom ODIN, and I think it shows off those Bifrost faceplates a lot better than their previous post did. 'Gorgeous work from the EE team, as always :)

Screen Shot 2021-08-24 at 03.33.33.png

Aug 23, 2021 at 4:52 PM Post #31,356 of 40,724
Guys, is there anywhere in Europe to repair EE IEMs? The LX drivers have come loose in one the earpieces , and one or more drivers have stopped working too unfortunately.
As far as I know they need to go back to EE. PM @Jack Vang or @JoshWatkins and they'll sort you out.

Aug 23, 2021 at 5:06 PM Post #31,357 of 40,724
As far as I know they need to go back to EE. PM @Jack Vang or @JoshWatkins and they'll sort you out.
Thanks, I emailed their support team. They have responded already. Have to fill out some form and go through the process now.

Aug 23, 2021 at 5:20 PM Post #31,358 of 40,724
'Not an EVO-related post, but e-earphone just posted another pic of a custom ODIN, and I think it shows off those Bifrost faceplates a lot better than their previous post did. 'Gorgeous work from the EE team, as always :)

Screen Shot 2021-08-24 at 03.33.33.png
Valknut on both faceplates! Just when I finally convinced myself the different logos on the unis were okay. Arghhhhh

Aug 23, 2021 at 6:09 PM Post #31,359 of 40,724
I'm not sure that I'm getting sufficient sub-bass on my Odin customs. I've run them for 200+ hours. Is that enough time for the W9+ driver to get up to speed??

Aug 23, 2021 at 7:31 PM Post #31,361 of 40,724
Aug 23, 2021 at 7:34 PM Post #31,363 of 40,724
But .... the fact that you read few reviews / opinions on the EE ESR MKII depends on the fact that it has not had much response or because it is the EE iem that comes out a bit out of the ordinary having a lower low range than the other EEs. lacking?
I think is just a more specific usage compared to the reviews and audiophile target, where most of people are looking for the next TOTL.

Aug 23, 2021 at 7:42 PM Post #31,364 of 40,724
To be quite honest, I don’t even think a majority of folks know why the ESR exists and what’s it’s purpose is.

The ESR is meant to be a flat, ultra reference studio monitor with fast transients for mixing. The EVR was meant as a vocal monitor and EE outfitted a lot of church choirs and other vocalists. I think the issue is people assume these are for general musicality, which they are not.

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2021 at 10:55 PM Post #31,365 of 40,724
To be quite honest, I don’t even think a majority of folks know why the ESR exists and what’s it’s purpose is.

The ESR is meant to be a flat, ultra reference studio monitor with fast transients for mixing. The EVR was meant as a vocal monitor and EE outfitted a lot of church choirs and other vocalists. I think the issue is people assume these are for general musicality, which they are not.
Nailed it! This should be the go to blurb when audiophiles ask about the ES/VR.

They're not intended to be for general unless studio reference is your thing.

If anything they're straightout sucessors to the Spartan IV with more specialization in the EVR's case. I've used the Spartan IV as a reference studio and EDC when I started out.

They're now in the hands of a friend, and I've since moved on to another studio reference mostly due to my bass and trebles.

However, I still recommend the ESR MKII for those shopping for a lower on the bracket but still ToTL studio reference tuning. Especially if a mid bass bias is more your cup of tea.
There are a lot of things that have few reviews or opinions IE. QDC DMagic, MMR Balmung. But are fairly good.

Correlation =/= causation

The ESR simply isn't an audiophile iem at heart and isn't marketed as such.

@riverground has an excellent review posted over on ear-fidelity for the ESR MKII that matches with my impressions of it as well.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back