Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Aug 3, 2021 at 11:53 PM Post #30,781 of 40,582
Oh wow, I wish EE would make my custom LX with the upper part of the concha looking like that. So much easier to take in and out.

Not to scare anyone, since I really think I have an extreme case with fit issues with my EE LX experience and unlikely to happen with others, but mine is currently on its third remake and few refits and that's after extensive time using them each time. My two other customs all needed refits/remakes, but not as many. Although mine are not using digital files, so not sure how much the physical molds change shape over time.
Thank you for sharing. That’s worrying. Fingers crossed, hoping they get my ear impressions right for my first (and hopefully last) CIEM

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2021 at 12:55 AM Post #30,782 of 40,582
EE got my customs correct on the first time every time. How were your impressions?
From what I can tell, they looked good. No major bubbles or anything like that plus they now have 3 sets of my impressions. I used same audiologist with my other customs except for my latest remake. I even sent one of my customs (which I am not sure if it was helpful for EE, but it helped when I did that for my second customs). I also sent the impressions used for my second custom.

Thank you for sharing. That’s worrying. Fingers crossed, hoping they get my ear impressions right for my first (and hopefully last) CIEM
Tbh I wouldn't worry about it. Most people from what I've read for most brands get their customs right the first time or after one remake/refit assuming they get their impressions from an audiologist or someone reputable. I for some reason don't.

Aug 4, 2021 at 1:54 AM Post #30,783 of 40,582
They look awesome! I'm sure you'll have them with you next month at SoCal and I can see them in person.

Are you planning to get an aftermarket cable?
Whether or not I bring them to CanJam SoCal is TBD... I usually prefer to keep my most prized items at home!

I got an awesome SPC Graphene cable from @skedra - I will test the combo tomorrow.

In the meantime, an update on my fit issue:
3-4 hours after my first 30-minute audition, I decided to give it another go! This time, for 1 full hour.
The good news: the CIEMs felt much better in my ears from the first minute throughout the entire hour.
So now, I am wondering whether the 1st time I managed to irritate my ear canals while inserting the IEMs earlier? Maybe not a fit issue but rather an insertion issue (i.e. my fault)?
On the other hand, I am trying to make sure that I am not subconsciously convincing myself fit is OK, to avoid shipping the LX back. I will test the fit again tomorrow, and in the following couple days, to get to a conclusive decision!
Fingers crossed it was just a minor "user error" during the first test :fingers_crossed:

Aug 4, 2021 at 1:56 AM Post #30,784 of 40,582
Whether or not I bring them to CanJam SoCal is TBD... I usually prefer to keep my most prized items at home!

I got an awesome SPC Graphene cable from @skedra - I will test the combo tomorrow.

In the meantime, an update on my fit issue:
3-4 hours after my first 30-minute audition, I decided to give it another go! This time, for 1 full hour.
The good news: the CIEMs felt much better in my ears from the first minute throughout the entire hour.
So now, I am wondering whether the 1st time I managed to irritate my ear canals while inserting the IEMs earlier? Maybe not a fit issue but rather an insertion issue (i.e. my fault)?
On the other hand, I am trying to make sure that I am not subconsciously convincing myself fit is OK, to avoid shipping the LX back. I will test the fit again tomorrow, and in the following couple days, to get to a conclusive decision!
Fingers crossed it was just a minor "user error" during the first test :fingers_crossed:
Graphene?! Hummm that looks interesting… @skedra can I know a bit more about this cable?

Aug 4, 2021 at 5:51 AM Post #30,787 of 40,582
Do we know anything about the new EE IEM?
Yes, it will use 2x W9+ for bass as Odin, 2 W6 for mids and 4 EST's for highs. Upgraded sound tube and driver placement system + ADEL modules support for the most spacious stage.
Also, here's the leaked graph:

1628070531074.png

Aug 4, 2021 at 6:01 AM Post #30,788 of 40,582
What exactly are the W9+ and W6 drivers? Are they DD or BA? Are they proprietary 64 Audio drivers? I've never heard of them.
Yes, it will use 2x W9+ for bass as Odin, 2 W6 for mids and 4 EST's for highs. Upgraded sound tube and driver placement system + ADEL modules support for the most spacious stage.
Also, here's the leaked graph:

1628070531074.png

Aug 4, 2021 at 6:02 AM Post #30,789 of 40,582
What exactly are the W9+ and W6 drivers? Are they DD or BA? Are they proprietary 64 Audio drivers? I've never heard of them.
Those are the drivers @AboveNBeyond completely made up for the purposes of his post. :p

EDIT: Though, the W9+ driver is a real driver from EE. If you aren't aware, EE have made their own proprietary DDs called the Weapon IX, because they're 9mm drivers. the W9+ is an updated version of the driver that are in the ODIN, Hero, Bravado MK2 and Valkyrie MK2.

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2021 at 6:05 AM Post #30,790 of 40,582
W9+ are the 9mm DD bass drivers currently used in Odin.
My previous post is a dream, it's not real. Sorry)
We don't know anything about new EE iems, maybe later this year or early 2022 will bring something up.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back