Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Jun 19, 2021 at 3:27 PM Post #30,152 of 40,591
Going to have to take some time to let LX SE burn in. Comparing Odin custom to LX SE is likely not fair, fortunately I also have Odin FE, and that one is well used (my daily driver, love it so much I went and order CIEM) and thus well burn in. Maybe in a week time I will try to compare them and give some impression.
Can't wait to hear how the Custom Odin is different than the Universal. I have a Custom LX and I love it so much I am considering a Custom Odin.

Jun 19, 2021 at 4:37 PM Post #30,153 of 40,591
@Tristy had some luck with tip rolling the hero. I was fine with final E. Maybe he can chime in.
Spinfit cp145’s were definitely a game changer for me on the Hero’s. Before that I found every tip quite abrasive to me and they didn’t bring out the best in Hero, I found them quite abrasive. But after I found the perfect tip I found them very addictive and comfortable.

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2021 at 4:39 PM Post #30,154 of 40,591
Does the sound signature change? Or is it mainly fit-wise improvement?
C145 tame the bass a bit. They also will not have widest stage due to being narrow bore.

At the moment my to go tips are some cheapos that come with ISN H40 which i use for sports activities. They actually have widest soundstage surpassing even E-pros, Spiral dots and whirlwinds.

What do you want to achieve with tip rolling?
Lift treble, tame bass, push mids forward?
Ir is it just certain fit toure after?
Final E i found were not most suitable for my LX. While they did not alternate tonality too much, they slightly reduce soundstage compared to other top tips in my list.

Jun 19, 2021 at 4:45 PM Post #30,155 of 40,591
Spinfit cp145’s were definitely a game changer for me on the Hero’s. Before that I found every tip quite abrasive to me and they didn’t bring out the best in Hero, I found them quite abrasive. But after I found the perfect tip I found them very addictive and comfortable.
Heard similar opinions from other folks. Might give it a try!

Jun 19, 2021 at 4:49 PM Post #30,156 of 40,591
C145 tame the bass a bit. They also will not have widest stage due to being narrow bore.

At the moment my to go tips are some cheapos that come with ISN H40 which i use for sports activities. They actually have widest soundstage surpassing even E-pros, Spiral dots and whirlwinds.

What do you want to achieve with tip rolling?
Lift treble, tame bass, push mids forward?
Ir is it just certain fit toure after?
Final E i found were not most suitable for my LX. While they did not alternate tonality too much, they slightly reduce soundstage compared to other top tips in my list.
Well first, I’m trying to tip roll for hero since I don’t own LX (I REALLY wish I did). I think fit wise it’s fine with final E tips, except I’m currently using ss on left and s on right. ss on right just doesn’t give me that perfect seal for some reason.

I’m not trying to tame bass by any means, because I think bass is one of the standouts for hero. Was wondering if I could lift soundstage a little bit wider while keeping the punchy bass that final E provides.

Jun 19, 2021 at 4:54 PM Post #30,157 of 40,591
Try Azla Sedna Earfit short or Epro Horn-Vshaped.
Tomorrow I’ll test also Spiraldot, Acoustune AET07 and AET08 on Hero.
I don’t have CP145 but I have CP100z

Jun 19, 2021 at 5:04 PM Post #30,160 of 40,591
Well first, I’m trying to tip roll for hero since I don’t own LX (I REALLY wish I did). I think fit wise it’s fine with final E tips, except I’m currently using ss on left and s on right. ss on right just doesn’t give me that perfect seal for some reason.

I’m not trying to tame bass by any means, because I think bass is one of the standouts for hero. Was wondering if I could lift soundstage a little bit wider while keeping the punchy bass that final E provides.
I did demo Hero and bass of it is not far off from LX. Besides i tip rolled Odin yesterday while demoing and got same effect on same tips while do it on LX.
So im sure results will be not far ofc regardless of model.

Regardless of iems. I think whirlwind, spiral Dots and Azla earfits are a must haves if you are looking to keep bass rumble and increase soundstage.
Acoustune, Xelastecs, E-pros will bump staging wide too, but will lose bit of bass.

Jun 19, 2021 at 5:09 PM Post #30,161 of 40,591
I did demo Hero and bass of it is not far off from LX. Besides i tip rolled Odin yesterday while demoing and got same effect on same tips while do it on LX.
So im sure results will be not far ofc regardless of model.

Regardless of iems. I think whirlwind, spiral Dots and Azla earfits are a must haves if you are looking to keep bass rumble and increase soundstage.
Acoustune, Xelastecs, E-pros will bump staging wide too, but will lose bit of bass.
Was looking into spiral dots. Time to buy some new eartips :)

Any difference b/w spiral dots and spiral dots ++?

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2021 at 5:16 PM Post #30,163 of 40,591
I have ordered Spiral Dot++. Just seem to be stuck in transit somewhere. They are silly expensive tips, but i need them in my collection. Not sure how different they are from originals though.
Softer than the originals, slightly more diffuse sound, softer bass. But very comfy.

Jun 19, 2021 at 5:28 PM Post #30,165 of 40,591
I’m waiting also BGVP WM01 and A07, but I have many stock tips to try, like Tansio mirai, UM, iBasso and more…
Hard work, this evening I’m listening with Mest Mk2😋

Users who are viewing this thread

Back