Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Apr 12, 2021 at 11:54 AM Post #28,441 of 40,613
I don't have either but in Resolve's Odin review he does mention that the Odin's frequency response goes along the lines of Utopia's with a little bit more focus towards bass:

IIRC, @Resolve compared the resolution and smoothness of the Odin to the Focal Utopias.

Apr 12, 2021 at 11:57 AM Post #28,442 of 40,613
Hello.Should I overpay $ 800 and buy a Valkyrie or settle for Bravado, given that from a technical point of view, Bravado is more advanced?In other words, what's a better Valkyrie?
It probably depends on your music choices. From what I've read, the Valkyrie is a more intense V and for some genres this is a bonus. My Bravado Mk2 has all the bass I want but manages to not let that get in the way of anything else. I just read a mini-review of the Valkyrie that mentioned the Bravado as having more bass but still sounding flat across the freq. spectrum.. It's a strange iem that way, tons of bass but so clean that it never gets in the way and ends up being very addictive.

Apr 12, 2021 at 11:58 AM Post #28,443 of 40,613
Hello.Should I overpay $ 800 and buy a Valkyrie or settle for Bravado, given that from a technical point of view, Bravado is more advanced?In other words, what's a better Valkyrie?
It if were me, I would by the Valkyrie II because I heard it myself and it sounds great. It has the W9 subwoofers and it's a tribrid so it has a very distinctive sound that I like. @Precogvision just did a review on it. Check it out. It might help you decide. When I visited Empire Ears, I heard the Bravado, but I honestly don't remember anything about it. I think that's because it was at the end of my listening session and I had already decided which direction I wanted to go. Outside of the Odin and Legend X, the Valkyrie did the most to get my attention and remember it.

Apr 12, 2021 at 12:07 PM Post #28,444 of 40,613
It if were me, I would by the Valkyrie II because I heard it myself and it sounds great. It has the W9 subwoofers and it's a tribrid so it has a very distinctive sound that I like. @Precogvision just did a review on it. Check it out. It might help you decide. When I visited Empire Ears, I heard the Bravado, but I honestly don't remember anything about it. I think that's because it was at the end of my listening session and I had already decided which direction I wanted to go. Outside of the Odin and Legend X, the Valkyrie did the most to get my attention and remember it.

Btw, I’m referring to the Mk2 variant of the Bravado only which also has the W9+ and is a tribrid. I honestly wouldn’t recommend the original Bravado except as a secondary bass iem. As an all around iem, the Mk2 is much better. That review is the same one I was referring to.

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2021 at 3:56 PM Post #28,445 of 40,613
Can you link his review on the Valkyrie MKII? I can’t find it

Apr 12, 2021 at 4:03 PM Post #28,446 of 40,613
Apr 12, 2021 at 4:24 PM Post #28,448 of 40,613
It's here! My first impression is that the Odins are kind of what I've always wanted in an IEM i.e. detailed yet smooth, present mids and solid bass. Sweet!

IMG_4206.jpg

Apr 12, 2021 at 7:05 PM Post #28,450 of 40,613
It's here! My first impression is that the Odins are kind of what I've always wanted in an IEM i.e. detailed yet smooth, present mids and solid bass. Sweet!

IMG_4206.jpg
Perfect one line review of the Odin. That is one very impressive TOTL System you have right there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back