Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Apr 4, 2021 at 9:40 AM Post #28,111 of 40,731
Spatial audio is interesting, but I don't really like it. I do love my Airpods Pro for both noise cancellation and transparency mode for telephone calls. I don't like the auto switch between apple devices either since it seems to connect to the wrong device too often.
Fair enough, I am in love with this feature :L3000:

But still, I agree with you regarding connectivity. Apple definitely didn’t do a good job in implementing this. Sometimes when I want to accept a phone call, put the Airpods into my ears and it just wouldn’t connect. Frustrating... sorry for being O.T.

Back to topic, the Legend X for example never frustrate me, yeah :ksc75smile:

Apr 4, 2021 at 11:05 AM Post #28,112 of 40,731
So, I’ve had a few hours with my new Leo II cable and I have to say, I’m really enjoying it. I was a bit skeptical going to a silver cable with palladium, my biggest worry being that it would sound too bright for my taste but the synergy with the LX is actually really darn good. Everything feels cleaner and more natural. The bass still hits just as hard when and where I want it to but it’s just tighter and more discernible. The sound stage feels a little larger too. I’m still trying to pinpoint the differences in the mids but vocals definitely sound better. I’m really looking forward to having more time with this cable.

For those of you with the same cable, what are your thoughts?!?

Attachments

• 3355125E-9220-46C8-A8B6-A9088EE9FE05.jpeg
    3355125E-9220-46C8-A8B6-A9088EE9FE05.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Apr 4, 2021 at 12:29 PM Post #28,113 of 40,731
So, I’ve had a few hours with my new Leo II cable and I have to say, I’m really enjoying it. I was a bit skeptical going to a silver cable with palladium, my biggest worry being that it would sound too bright for my taste but the synergy with the LX is actually really darn good. Everything feels cleaner and more natural. The bass still hits just as hard when and where I want it to but it’s just tighter and more discernible. The sound stage feels a little larger too. I’m still trying to pinpoint the differences in the mids but vocals definitely sound better. I’m really looking forward to having more time with this cable.

That’s actually the cable I had on the lx before switching to the 1950s clone, I agree with those observations. It’s excellent

Apr 4, 2021 at 2:23 PM Post #28,114 of 40,731
Apr 4, 2021 at 3:00 PM Post #28,115 of 40,731
Haha sure :)

The AirPods Pro (and I think also the Max) have a feature called „Spatial Audio“. This feature has to be supported by the source like in some shows on Apple TV or Disney TV App (and probably others, I suppose).

When active you get the audio impression of a full blown Dolby Atmos setup with many speakers around and above you and you sitting in the middle. They even go that far that if you have your iPad/iPhone in front of you and you turn your head to the left/right/up/down, the sound always seem to „come from the screen“. They make use of the built in gyroscope. It’s really magical. Blows my mind...

Thank you, sounds like some AirPods Pro are in my future! Do any other headphones have this feature?

Apr 4, 2021 at 3:11 PM Post #28,116 of 40,731

I have the Leo/Thor and I quite like it, I'm also enjoying theb1960, and looking forward to your feedback on @doctorjuggles 1950s!!!

Apr 4, 2021 at 4:16 PM Post #28,117 of 40,731
A quick update on the Bravado Mk2.
A bit of tip rolling and Spiral Dots++ seem to work out best for me for seal and comfort. Sometimes I get the odd driver flex pop if I move my head around but it’s rare.
Sound wise, I’ve been listening for ba couple days on the ZX507 and stock cable and I’m really impressed mostly in the refined mids and treble in comparison to the Bravado mk1. The soundstage has good depth but is narrow in comparison but not unpleasantly so. Just a smaller more intimate image but definitely not claustrophobic in any sense. There’s admirable air around instruments.
The bass is just great and does not interfere with the mids.
I’ve ordered an a Eletech Prudence to go with these which I suspect will give them a bit more of an open stage.
Well done EE.. these have exceeded my expectations. I had thought I would get something more like the first version that I would use when I wanted bass and truthfully expected I would probably want to sell these once I scratched that itch and realized it’s not a big priority but these are just great all around and they work just as well for my more mids based baroque music.

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2021 at 4:57 PM Post #28,118 of 40,731
Thank you, sounds like some AirPods Pro are in my future! Do any other headphones have this feature?

It’s worth giving them a try. Compared to „our“ other equipment they are a bargain. I think when taking everything into account (fully wireless, noice cancellation, transparency) there is nothing alike as of today.

Apr 4, 2021 at 5:59 PM Post #28,120 of 40,731
Hey, has anyone here tried the 1960s 2-wire with the LX SE?!? Since it’s a darker sounding cable would it deepen the bass and reduce the elevated mids and highs?!?
Wouldn’t that be just the Normal LX?

Apr 4, 2021 at 6:10 PM Post #28,123 of 40,731
Normal LX with more bass?!? 😂
I just believe that the LX SE was produced to “tame” the bass on the LX. The upper mid boost definitely pulls you away from the bass. Thus making the LX SE more “balanced” in a way.

That’s my understanding of the purpose of the LX SE tho. Since the HK people wanted more upper mids for the genre of music they mostly listen to.

Me and @KuroKitsu for example lust over boosted upper mids 😂

Apr 4, 2021 at 6:26 PM Post #28,124 of 40,731
Normal LX with more bass?!? 😂
My eardrums ruptured in a parallel universe from that suggestion :sweat_smile:
I just believe that the LX SE was produced to “tame” the bass on the LX. The upper mid boost definitely pulls you away from the bass. Thus making the LX SE more “balanced” in a way.

That’s my understanding of the purpose of the LX SE tho. Since the HK people wanted more upper mids for the genre of music they mostly listen to.

Me and @KuroKitsu for example lust over boosted upper mids 😂
Maybe it's balanced like the Thummim? @mvvRAZ time to get a SE and tell us. In the name of science!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back