Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Oct 25, 2020 at 11:03 AM Post #25,711 of 40,613
Hung up the Utopia’s, brought out the Legend X, attached Moon Silver Dragon and spent 3 hours in bass nirvana. Mids and highs excellent as well. Prog on!
I have been using my Bravados CIEMs with the Cayin N3Pro, in tube mode (obviously!)... After not using my Bravados in a while (you know, no travel now days)...
WOW - forgot how much bass they've got!! :L3000:
I cannot even imagine how the LX bass sounds... Coming from a bass lover, some tracks had ALMOST too much bass with the Bravados :scream:

Oct 25, 2020 at 12:00 PM Post #25,712 of 40,613
I have been using my Bravados CIEMs with the Cayin N3Pro, in tube mode (obviously!)... After not using my Bravados in a while (you know, no travel now days)...
WOW - forgot how much bass they've got!! :L3000:
I cannot even imagine how the LX bass sounds... Coming from a bass lover, some tracks had ALMOST too much bass with the Bravados :scream:
It’s actually quite an improvement going from Bravado to LX just in bass alone. It’s a deeper guttural and textured bass as opposed to purely elevated in quantity. One of those things that’s hard to explain.

Oct 25, 2020 at 8:06 PM Post #25,713 of 40,613
Totally agree with your approach when looking for a new piece of gear and that's exactly what the guys was looking for, some guidence on the sound differences between Andromeda and Odin. As Andromeda is a know IEM and Odin is something (s)he had eyes on. Simple question that no one can answer, but throw sarcasms and multiple examples of "how not to compare". That's what is intriguing me in this thread. That's why most of us ask questions around and I'm pretty sure everyome already asked this kind of simple question "how this compared to that?"

Not sure what guidance you want to hear... As I said several times already - better in every single way, it is just another level of experience. And I am not the only one who thinks that way. If you disagree with this statement - fine, give your own shot. If you want more comprehesive analysis - read the existing reviews. To be honest noone will be able to answer the "is it worth it the price" question for you. And of course, the end result will depend on your source and most of all on the music you listen. If I remember correctly, the guy even said that he is able to listen to Odin in Harrods. So, there is no problem of blind purchase.

So stop blaming people around you. The answer is proportional to the question. If someone wants to hear something more specific, they should ask more precise questions as well.

Oct 25, 2020 at 8:25 PM Post #25,714 of 40,613
Lol can’t believe this is still a discussion. This thread just seems to have more hostility than others-that’s all. My favorite part about the headfi community has been how helpful everyone has been during my journey (10 months now)-I’ve had so many more questions than I have had answers, and never have I felt ridiculed or been rejected or told “read a review” or “are you seriously asking this”. And thanks to all the awesome members and help, I feel I’ve been able to learn and grow tremendously in this hobby.

So when people are making comments that we need to walk on eggshells, that’s funny because I’m probably one of the more dark-humored, innapropriate individuals when it comes to real life. But this is a niche audio forum-sorry if I got a little upset at a comment that came across (key word, came across) as ridiculing when someone had a question about very expensive items that are not easily accessible.

Yes, specific questions are more valuable questions, agreed. Either way, good vibes only here, my apologies :)

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2020 at 8:42 PM Post #25,715 of 40,613
All analogies refering to how someone should use their products. We should tell how it works and let the other decide how they want to use.
I love your measured responses.

that is all.

Oct 25, 2020 at 9:16 PM Post #25,716 of 40,613
Lol can’t believe this is still a discussion. This thread just seems to have more hostility than others-that’s all. My favorite part about the headfi community has been how helpful everyone has been during my journey (10 months now)-I’ve had so many more questions than I have had answers, and never have I felt ridiculed or been rejected or told “read a review” or “are you seriously asking this”. And thanks to all the awesome members and help, I feel I’ve been able to learn and grow tremendously in this hobby.

So when people are making comments that we need to walk on eggshells, that’s funny because I’m probably one of the more dark-humored, innapropriate individuals when it comes to real life. But this is a niche audio forum-sorry if I got a little upset at a comment that came across (key word, came across) as ridiculing when someone had a question about very expensive items that are not easily accessible.

Yes, specific questions are more valuable questions, agreed. Either way, good vibes only here, my apologies :)
I’m fairly confident we have a multi-page PM and have conversed enough that you’d know I’m not out here to condescend or insult someone asking for help. The question came off so far fetched to me that I wasn’t sure if it was a troll or honest question. I asked with a preface to disarm anyone thinking I was being a jerk yet here we are.

Utterly and completely ridiculous. I write reviews and have been ridiculed for my opinion in the process of trying to help others. I am truly interested in this hobby as it provides a much needed escape from my professional life and I revel in camaraderie. You got this one wrong and that’s ok. No hard feelings. I too prefer the good vibes.

Oct 26, 2020 at 2:41 AM Post #25,717 of 40,613
Just put my ESRs up for sale in the classifieds in case anyone's interested.

Oct 26, 2020 at 3:04 AM Post #25,718 of 40,613
You guys spend too much time discussing what is appropriate and what is not in the conversation. No one is swearing here or insulting others, so I don't understand why this topic is again brought up to the light. I start to think that people here are members of some kind of social justice group. Just chill, seriously.

And regarding the reviews - suggestion to read them (at least in my case) does not mean to back off or that I am not willing to answer a question. It means that if my short answer is not enough or person does not trust my opinion about "Odin is better in everything than Andromeda", reading some Odin reviews is the best way to get more comprehensive view of the Odin's sound performance. For example, there was already an Odin vs Andromeda conversation in the comments section of twister6 review. I think we all can agree that it is quite pointless to write the whole book in discussion thread on each question which sounds like " what do you think about Odin vs ...?" Short answer should be fine.

So don't try to find hostility in every post.

Oct 26, 2020 at 8:34 AM Post #25,719 of 40,613
If I remember correctly, the guy even said that he is able to listen to Odin in Harrods. So, there is no problem of blind purchase.
Is this really true!!?? God i never thought you can audition iems anywhere in UK (or London at least) let alone Odin.
I better pack my tips and make my way to Harrods!

Oct 26, 2020 at 8:43 AM Post #25,721 of 40,613
Is this really true!!?? God i never thought you can audition iems anywhere in UK (or London at least) let alone Odin.
I better pack my tips and make my way to Harrods!

Better ask this guy directly. Don't want to be blamed for the pointless long trip:sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

A few weeks ago I went to Harrods in London and listened to the Solaris and Andromeda 2020, I also had a listen to the Odin and Hero, I was informed if you wanted to purchase the Odin or Hero from Harrods you had to put a order in.

I also went to Audio Sanctury to do some listening to some other Headphones and again had a listen to the Odin and Hero but not sure if they had any physical stock in to sell at the time I was there.

Last time I spoke to Hi Fi Lounge they were still waiting their demo units.

Oct 26, 2020 at 9:16 AM Post #25,722 of 40,613
You guys spend too much time discussing what is appropriate and what is not in the conversation. No one is swearing here or insulting others, so I don't understand why this topic is again brought up to the light. I start to think that people here are members of some kind of social justice group. Just chill, seriously.

And regarding the reviews - suggestion to read them (at least in my case) does not mean to back off or that I am not willing to answer a question. It means that if my short answer is not enough or person does not trust my opinion about "Odin is better in everything than Andromeda", reading some Odin reviews is the best way to get more comprehensive view of the Odin's sound performance. For example, there was already an Odin vs Andromeda conversation in the comments section of twister6 review. I think we all can agree that it is quite pointless to write the whole book in discussion thread on each question which sounds like " what do you think about Odin vs ...?" Short answer should be fine.

So don't try to find hostility in every post.
We’re all chill here-I’ve reached out to CL directly. It was an easy message to misinterpret and I apologized for that interpretation. As he noted, he’s been a fantastic member providing insights to questions I’ve asked throughout the year so I guess that’s why I was surprised at first. I too enjoy using this hobby as a scapegoat from the real world, so on the same page there.

We even have a virtual tea session scheduled to discuss linguistics and the psychology of interpretations-let me know if you’d like an invite. Gotta wear your Odin though.

Oct 26, 2020 at 9:36 AM Post #25,724 of 40,613
It’s worth it. My trip to EE was 8 hours each way and I’d do it again in a heartbeat.

If Im ever in a position to lay out that kind of moolah I'd sure be taking that trip. I doubt I will until I am in that position in fear of having to buy it after hearing it haha ignorance is bliss and all that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back