Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Jun 16, 2020 at 5:36 PM Post #21,646 of 40,602
I have the Plussound Silver + Gold X8 and its really really great with the LX
Good to hear as i have placed an order already. Though it will be a while till i get it with all this covid mess.

Someone else might chime in with a different opinion but I think more seasoning time is what will cure your ills. You will never hear a holographic stage with the Legend X, but the stage has good L/R separation. The stage will offer you pin-point precision.
Im sure it will. Besides Its not something to whine about, the stage is still good. Hopefully a new cable will help it out a bit aswell.

Jun 16, 2020 at 6:27 PM Post #21,647 of 40,602
I have the Plussound Silver + Gold X8 and its really really great with the LX, it transforms if from the stock Ares cable. It adds clarity and air to the treble while controlling the midbass a little more and makes the sub bass even more guttural and impactful. A much better pairing than both the Plussound Tri-copper and Loki+ 8 wire that I've tried with the LX as well. I imagine the X6 would be a pretty similar deal.

Awesome, thanks for sharing. I was meaning to ask for cable upgrades/suggestions in hope of getting a bit more sparkle and airiness out of the treble while taming the mid bass and still keeping that intoxicating sub-bass.

Are there other favorite cables in the under $800 range people recommend for increasing treble on the LX? Switching from foam to JVC spiral dots has helped tremendously with balancing out the bass in the meantime.

Jun 16, 2020 at 8:09 PM Post #21,648 of 40,602
Awesome, thanks for sharing. I was meaning to ask for cable upgrades/suggestions in hope of getting a bit more sparkle and airiness out of the treble while taming the mid bass and still keeping that intoxicating sub-bass.

Are there other favorite cables in the under $800 range people recommend for increasing treble on the LX? Switching from foam to JVC spiral dots has helped tremendously with balancing out the bass in the meantime.
As far as tips go if you like Spirals i cant recommend these enough with LX:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/eProaudios-ePro-Horn-Shaped-Ear-Tips/dp/B07S82M9PG
They open up soundstage quite a bit. They also tame midbass and give it even more sparkle.

The only thing is they are slightly deeper insertion, not shallow fit. Something similar in shape like CA Marshmallows.

But if you are happy to part with 800 for a cable 15 bucks wont hurt as much even if they are not your cup of tea.

For me personally they have been favourites for 3 last iems and i went through most of main brands of tips.

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2020 at 8:31 PM Post #21,649 of 40,602
As far as tips go if you like Spirals i cant recommend these enough with LX:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/eProaudios-ePro-Horn-Shaped-Ear-Tips/dp/B07S82M9PG
They open up soundstage quite a bit. They also tame midbass and give it even more sparkle.

The only thing is they are slightly deeper insertion, not shallow fit. Something similar in shape like CA Marshmallows.

But if you are happy to part with 800 for a cable 15 bucks wont hurt as much even if they are not your cup of tea.

For me personally they have been favourites for 3 last iems and i went through most of main brands of tips.

Haha for sure $15 is a less risky investment. Thanks man!

Jun 16, 2020 at 10:33 PM Post #21,651 of 40,602
Using foamies on the LX? You REALLY must like bass. Both the Final Audio and the Sedna tips might work well with the LX.

The Ares ll is a pretty neutral copper cable. If you want more treble, getting a hybrid makes sense. In my case I wanted more lower end so went for a copper 1960.

I have a PlusSound Exo copper, which is the same price as an Ares, and it is really well-made. Wouldn't do anything for a LX except give it more bass, but the cable is really nicely put together.

Jun 17, 2020 at 10:21 AM Post #21,653 of 40,602
Regret not getting a custom Legend X in the last sale. Would have made quarantine a lot easier. Also $1900 seems like an easier pill to swallow.

Empire Ears has sales all the time around holidays, so look for July 4th or Labor Day if not Thanksgiving / Christmas time frame.

Jun 18, 2020 at 1:02 AM Post #21,657 of 40,602
I'm really excited. I will probably have them reshelled to custom at some point as I have a really hard time with universal fit, dunno who I'll go with. But the Zeus was the first EE IEM I ever wanted back in 2017 while it was still $2099 and I've demo'd them as many times as I've seen the guys at Empire, Jack and Dean know lol. Really happy to FINALLY have purchased them and can't wait to receive them.

Jun 18, 2020 at 1:09 AM Post #21,658 of 40,602
I'm really excited. I will probably have them reshelled to custom at some point as I have a really hard time with universal fit, dunno who I'll go with. But the Zeus was the first EE IEM I ever wanted back in 2017 while it was still $2099 and I've demo'd them as many times as I've seen the guys at Empire, Jack and Dean know lol. Really happy to FINALLY have purchased them and can't wait to receive them.
Probably should reshell to custom. The MD Zeus has a much better shape than the OG Zeus, but I still had problems with it.

Jun 18, 2020 at 11:17 AM Post #21,659 of 40,602
Jun 18, 2020 at 8:08 PM Post #21,660 of 40,602
great buy , get a 1960s 2-wire cable aand you are done
That's what I said, then I went and made the mistake of trying out more stuff.....I wish I stopped.

Also Odin whennnnnnnnn

Users who are viewing this thread

Back