Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Mar 26, 2020 at 4:42 PM Post #20,896 of 40,684
You have my sympathies! I had a nose surgery (for health reasons, not cosmetic lol) and the pain afterwards was quite something.
Not to mention having a blood-soaked bandage strapped to my nose, which meant all I could smell for days was my own blood :rolling_eyes:
Being off your rocker on pain meds is probably the best place for you right now lol.
At least your ears are still working fine hopefully, so you can enjoy some Valkyrie goodness in the meantime :)

Mine was due to a recurring sinus infection that would continually come back, because of some sinuses on either side being swelled shut, which did not let the bacteria out. I hated the super long gauze up my nose, the bandage over it and also having to do a sinus rinse with all that stuff in my nose.

Mar 26, 2020 at 4:42 PM Post #20,897 of 40,684
I know us audiophiles are all fans of realistic detail, but I can't help feeling things have taken a rather graphic turn here lol :)

Mar 26, 2020 at 4:54 PM Post #20,899 of 40,684
By the way, regarding the Bravado, I heard them briefly at CanJam and rather liked them.
I wouldn't describe them in the same way as @mvvRAZ - although I respect his opinion, even if we occasionally differ lol.
I would agree they might be somewhat L-shaped though.
I felt the LegendX was rather L-shaped too, and I don't imagine there's many here who'd say it was a poor IEM (myself included) :)

Any of the regular signature shapes can make a good IEM if they're done well; it's all about the implementation.
Of course, being done well doesn't mean that it will suit everyone's tastes however :)

Mar 26, 2020 at 5:27 PM Post #20,900 of 40,684
Mine was due to a recurring sinus infection that would continually come back, because of some sinuses on either side being swelled shut, which did not let the bacteria out. I hated the super long gauze up my nose, the bandage over it and also having to do a sinus rinse with all that stuff in my nose.

Snap - I had a septoplasty and sinus surgery due to having almost constant infections the past 12 months. The packing they used dissolves so didn’t have to go back in for it being removed. The incision in my septum though has got infected! Also, it’s turned me into a mouth breather!!! :frowning2:

Back to IEMs though; for work I’m torn between having something similar(ish) to the Valks ie Bravado, Polaris or almost the opposite i.e. Zeus...

Mar 26, 2020 at 5:32 PM Post #20,901 of 40,684
Ooh, also open box Atlas on CA’s b stock site....

Mar 26, 2020 at 6:15 PM Post #20,902 of 40,684
Ooh, also open box Atlas on CA’s b stock site....
Don't forget a)the currency is still in the ***** thanks to a certain something and b)import taxes (though I think I'm right in thinking that you would still be better off than ordering here in the uk which says something

Mar 26, 2020 at 6:17 PM Post #20,903 of 40,684
I know us audiophiles are all fans of realistic detail, but I can't help feeling things have taken a rather graphic turn here lol :)
Just be thankful they didn't post any pics of THAT. Would love to stick with universals but stupid ears etc etc.

Mar 26, 2020 at 6:26 PM Post #20,904 of 40,684
I am connecting my HiBy R6 Pro to my Nemesis via a Plussound Poetic series silver LDAC Bluetooth cable.

I can field calls on my iPhone at the same time. It connects to both. (Obviously the iPhone isn’t an LDAC connection)

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2020 at 6:41 PM Post #20,905 of 40,684
Don't forget a)the currency is still in the ***** thanks to a certain something and b)import taxes (though I think I'm right in thinking that you would still be better off than ordering here in the uk which says something

Yup, still works out cheaper! What to do, what to do?!

Mar 26, 2020 at 11:20 PM Post #20,907 of 40,684
Mar 26, 2020 at 11:29 PM Post #20,908 of 40,684
Man, I’d love the U12t but even used they tend to hold their value which is more than I’m looking to pay. That’s why the Bravado or ESR/EVR were of interest.

Audio46 has an open-box ESR & EVR for $719.95 & $559.20 respectively. Haven't heard the EVR, but I still really enjoy the ESR even though I've own/owned/listened to extensively, the entire EE line.

Mar 26, 2020 at 11:55 PM Post #20,909 of 40,684
Tempting prices, for sure.

Mar 27, 2020 at 8:15 AM Post #20,910 of 40,684

Users who are viewing this thread

Back