Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Jul 13, 2019 at 11:06 PM Post #18,466 of 40,559
No rest for my wallet eh? Those faceplates are amazing! Too bad they arn't reversed. Amethyst on the Valkyrie looks insane. Good timing though, I was looking for a pair of universals to complement my CIEMs

Did a double take and checked. That might actually explain the price tag somewhat.

Just pinged Charles to see when he's bring Wraith and Valkyrie in.

I’m definitely going in and demoing them once Charles gets them. He just got my money recently for the FH7.

Jul 13, 2019 at 11:14 PM Post #18,467 of 40,559
I’m definitely going in and demoing them once Charles gets them. He just got my money recently for the FH7.
Charles made a good decision in stocking Empire. I've almost got all my gear from him in the past year and a half that I've found out about his store. He usually emails me when he stocks something he thinks I might be interested in. First time I've preemptively asked him about something.

Jul 14, 2019 at 12:24 AM Post #18,468 of 40,559
Although I had enjoyed the sound from Stax 009S and Carbon amplifier with Dave and Mscaler for five days,

it is much better to use Empire Zeus IEM during hot summer days.

I am listening to "Come Away with me" by Norah Jones.

It reached 80 degree today in Pacific Northwest, maybe not so bad compared with other parts of US.

Stax 009S driven by Carbon amp sounds neutral with more deeper bass than Empire Zeus IEM.

But Empire Zeus IEM sounds lively going well with Pop music.

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2019 at 1:59 AM Post #18,469 of 40,559
Those faceplates made me be jealous of getting an Universal again. EE U shape is quite good actually. (much better than my old Z1r!)

Jul 14, 2019 at 4:13 AM Post #18,471 of 40,559
well looks my EA Ares cable that came with the Bravado went bad on my left side. anyone here have any recommendations on replacements that are budget friendly with similar quality?

The Satin Audio Griffin has my recommendation. You can check it out on their site here: https://satinaudio.com/en/product/satin-audio-griffin?v=b718adec73e0

Here's my review of the cable, along with comparisons against the Ares II on the last page: https://theheadphonelist.com/satin-audio-griffin-and-chimera-new-standards/

Jul 14, 2019 at 6:20 AM Post #18,473 of 40,559
well looks my EA Ares cable that came with the Bravado went bad on my left side. anyone here have any recommendations on replacements that are budget friendly with similar quality?
Get another one for $150. Send it back to EA and have it converted to 8-wire for $150+. Buy an Ares ll 8-wire for $300.

Jul 14, 2019 at 10:19 AM Post #18,474 of 40,559
Get another one for $150. Send it back to EA and have it converted to 8-wire for $150+. Buy an Ares ll 8-wire for $300.
I agree, I am super sold on the 8-wire Ares II. I have the 3.5mm and 2.5mm balanced.

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2019 at 2:48 PM Post #18,478 of 40,559
You can buy a bespoke 8-wire new for $300 or have yours converted for $150. Plus shipping. Sounds even better than the 4-wire, by a good amount. I'd contact Eric first before doing anything, just to see what he says about your broken wire. Unless you clipped it with scissors, of course. Depending on how old it is, and what is wrong with it, he might have a better way to go with it. And I wouldn't let someone else play with it until you know what is wrong with it.

eric@effectaudio.com

Today is Sunday, so he probably won't respond until tomorrow night (he's in Singapore).

Jul 14, 2019 at 2:52 PM Post #18,479 of 40,559
That’s a tempting suggestion.
EA doesn’t sell 8 wires unless you send it back?

I’d recommend this option as well. I bought a secondhand Legend X and the Ares II cable that came with it had one of the 2pin connector caps loose (common from my understanding) and also it seemed like it wasn’t stored very well because it didn’t lay very straight. Mailed it to EA and for ~$174 ($150 upgrade + $14 to ship to Singapore + $10 to ship back to me) I got basically a brand new Ares II 8 wire. Took less than 4 weeks total and most of that was transit time. Very pleased with the whole transaction.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back