Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
May 12, 2016 at 3:56 PM Post #1,771 of 40,591
Yeah, I texted him 6 days ago and I still haven't gotten a response, which isn't normal.

Last PM on the 28th, no answer. Spill the beans Maurice.
biggrin.gif

May 12, 2016 at 4:09 PM Post #1,773 of 40,591
Jack's been so busy tinkering with his one-off 24 driver IEM and the Zeus R that he hasn't seen the light of day in weeks. Seriously though, last time we spoke it sounded like Jack has a busy schedule this month so he's probably keeping his nose to the grindstone and powering through his schedule.

24 Drivers?! And I thought John Moulton was a genius. Those must be HUGE.

May 12, 2016 at 4:48 PM Post #1,781 of 40,591
Quick question about the supra if that's ok.  Just wondering how flush they are meant to sit in the ear?  No matter how I put them in (cable up, linum) they still stick out quite a bit.  Was just wondering if I was doing something wrong?  Using spin fit tips.  Left ear fits ok, right is annoying.  Small is too small but medium feels a touch large.  Same with Comply (plus I've had one of those come off in my left ear a couple of times so don't like using them!).

Thanks for any info or (constructive) advice.

May 12, 2016 at 5:11 PM Post #1,782 of 40,591
Quick question about the supra if that's ok.  Just wondering how flush they are meant to sit in the ear?  No matter how I put them in (cable up, linum) they still stick out quite a bit.  Was just wondering if I was doing something wrong?  Using spin fit tips.  Left ear fits ok, right is annoying.  Small is too small but medium feels a touch large.  Same with Comply (plus I've had one of those come off in my left ear a couple of times so don't like using them!).

Thanks for any info or (constructive) advice.

You should use another tips like Westone Star tips or EarSonics tips (my favourite :) )

May 12, 2016 at 6:55 PM Post #1,783 of 40,591
Sweet sweet loot ! 

My first custom made cable. I can finally experience balanced output for myself. I'm giving up on 3.5mm TRS singled ended output on the Onkyo  DP-X1 because that jack has to be faulty. I got the same curse with it I had with the BTG Starlight cable that came with my original Zeus; short recap: any slightest movement of the cable or rotation of the TRS barrel leads to unplugging itself and causing the music to pause stop playing. Ultra annoying. I got the same thing happening with the big angled plug used by Effect Audio in their Ares cable (will ship it back to you Jack, forever grateful :wink: )
So glad I picked the 2.5mm TRRS Eidolic spacious barrel for the Onkyo. it's flush, solid, won't budge. Works perfectly.

I admit I do take pride wearing that flat braided Therium and the abalone Zeus. It's becoming my mojo ^^ Yeah baby! Yeah!

I mean just take a look at those Zeus!

They do stick out a weeny bit more, but that's a solid abalone piece, so it lead to a thicker faceplate.

Inkscape was a nice and relatively easy free software to use for vector based design/drawings. The custom artwork engraving rendition gave a beautiful result I think.

What a tremendous pleasure and privilege to lose oneself in music, look up to the sky, gaze at the clouds while profoundly smiling back.

May 12, 2016 at 7:07 PM Post #1,784 of 40,591
  Sweet sweet loot ! 

My first custom made cable. I can finally experience balanced output for myself. I'm giving up on 3.5mm TRS singled ended output on the Onkyo  DP-X1 because that jack has to be faulty. I got the same curse with it I had with the BTG Starlight cable that came with my original Zeus; short recap: any slightest movement of the cable or rotation of the TRS barrel leads to unplugging itself and causing the music to pause stop playing. Ultra annoying. I got the same thing happening with the big angled plug used by Effect Audio in their Ares cable (will ship it back to you Jack, forever grateful :wink: )
So glad I picked the 2.5mm TRRS Eidolic spacious barrel for the Onkyo. it's flush, solid, won't budge. Works perfectly.

How ironic, you get a 2.5 TRRS cable the same day mine is being sent back to me to get rid of the 2.5 TRRS. 2 AK players that I didn't like using that connection. Back to reg 3.5 TRS.

May 12, 2016 at 7:36 PM Post #1,785 of 40,591

How ironic, you get a 2.5 TRRS cable the same day mine is being sent back to me to get rid of the 2.5 TRRS. 2 AK players that I didn't like using that connection. Back to reg 3.5 TRS.

If you settle for 3.5m TRS, you have GOT to go for 6 conductor in full 6 flat braid up to Y splitter then 2x 3 flat for L+R. It's craaaaaaazy good looking. 4 cond flat looks meh, but 8 flat is gorgeous. 6 gets to eat the cake and dance with the prom queen

Users who are viewing this thread

Back