Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Mar 26, 2019 at 5:00 PM Post #17,431 of 40,588
@Devon Higgins
What are the differences between Phantom LE and regular Phantom soundwise?

I haven't A/B'd them myself, but I have been told the LE Phantom has more mids than the standard edition.

What is the LX SE ? :) and is it also available as custom ? :)

Universal only! The LX SE has a wider soundstage, more forward mids, and an extended treble. Aesthetically, it's also different from our standard universals -- it has a brushed aluminum faceplate and storm shell.
eUjSYPG.jpg

Shiiiiny........​

@Devon Higgins or anyone else that can help, I wanted to experiment with other eartips such as spinfits/spiraldots/complys. wanted to see what the nozzle diameter was for the bravados and if there is a specific type of model/size i must purchase for EE Bravados. I know out of the box, i was using the Medium/Large tips. Im a noob in the IEM world and any help or direction will help! Thank you.

Nozzle is approximately 6mm in diameter. Comply T500s are the correct size, and Spinfits work as well. Many people have liked the JVC Spiral Dots with EE monitors so check those out too!

Mar 26, 2019 at 5:03 PM Post #17,432 of 40,588
I haven't A/B'd them myself, but I have been told the LE Phantom has more mids than the standard edition.

Universal only! The LX SE has a wider soundstage, more forward mids, and an extended treble. Aesthetically, it's also different from our standard universals -- it has a brushed aluminum faceplate and storm shell.
eUjSYPG.jpg

Shiiiiny........​

Nozzle is approximately 6mm in diameter. Comply T500s are the correct size, and Spinfits work as well. Many people have liked the JVC Spiral Dots with EE monitors so check those out too!

Nice! Looks absolutely beautiful. But i hope we're are just talking about nuances as i wouldn't like to see the LX with much more treble or mids like Zeus' mids. I love the smooth signature of the LX...
Price ? :)

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2019 at 5:51 PM Post #17,433 of 40,588

eUjSYPG.jpg

Shiiiiny........​

Man that LX SE looks sweet! EE continues to raise the bar...truly LEGENDary!

Mar 26, 2019 at 5:57 PM Post #17,434 of 40,588
The LX SE sounds (and looks) like it’ll be amazing based off of what Devon said especially to my music tastes. It’s a “shame” I have the custom LX though.

Wish EE offered some sort of upgrade service for original owners for situations like this since they no longer offer owner transfers/reshells anymore.

Mar 26, 2019 at 7:38 PM Post #17,435 of 40,588
I am now convince that Devon and the EE folks have forgone the dark entities and literally just resorted to dangling the LX in my face.

Me: "But I don't really like the sound of hybrids... The W9s are too much for me"
EE: What about the LX SE?
Me "Nah, too expensive"
EE: "Devon, show him the pictures"
Me "EEEEEE that looks amazing" *subconsious hand movement towards wallet*
EE: "Devon tell him about the sound signature"
Me "Crap, you got me"

Mar 26, 2019 at 8:45 PM Post #17,436 of 40,588
To be honest I liked everything about LX except too much bass it pumps out which I couldn't handle. Is LX SE any different?
Surprisingly people seem to find bass of LX adequate, so this tells me everyone has a different shape of eardrum with different tolerance level for lower frequency.

Mar 26, 2019 at 10:50 PM Post #17,437 of 40,588
eUjSYPG.jpg

Shiiiiny........​

Why u do dis

Mar 27, 2019 at 12:23 AM Post #17,439 of 40,588
Mar 27, 2019 at 3:34 AM Post #17,440 of 40,588
To be honest I liked everything about LX except too much bass it pumps out which I couldn't handle. Is LX SE any different?
Surprisingly people seem to find bass of LX adequate, so this tells me everyone has a different shape of eardrum with different tolerance level for lower frequency.
In my case I am just an unashamed bass head and love the physicality of Legend X. I have not really heard anything else like it. I even loved pairing them with the PlusSound Tri-Copper because it just got that little bit more out of the bass. Definitely a personal preference though, but I think you cannot really rate IEMs objectively anyway because enjoying music is an emotional and personal experience. That is what I love about the Phantom as well, those have something romantic about them that will let me drift away and get lost in the music.

Mar 27, 2019 at 3:49 AM Post #17,441 of 40,588

eUjSYPG.jpg

Shiiiiny........​

So are you saying that the Japanese exclusive I posted a few days ago is, in fact, not a Japanese exclusive? :)

Mar 27, 2019 at 7:17 AM Post #17,442 of 40,588
So are you saying that the Japanese exclusive I posted a few days ago is, in fact, not a Japanese exclusive? :)

Splendidly fathomed, Watson! :)

Mar 27, 2019 at 9:37 AM Post #17,443 of 40,588

Well, the LX SE doesn't have a difference in bass quantity, but it does have a bit more mids in the tuning. That might translate to less bass dependent on how sensitive you are to it. There's always EQ :ksc75smile:

It is currently a Japanese exclusive.. however... you never know what may happen in the future :smile_cat:

Why u do dis

:innocent:

Mar 27, 2019 at 11:37 AM Post #17,445 of 40,588
I am now convince that Devon and the EE folks have forgone the dark entities and literally just resorted to dangling the LX in my face.

Me: "But I don't really like the sound of hybrids... The W9s are too much for me"
EE: What about the LX SE?
Me "Nah, too expensive"
EE: "Devon, show him the pictures"
Me "EEEEEE that looks amazing" *subconsious hand movement towards wallet*
EE: "Devon tell him about the sound signature"
Me "Crap, you got me"
VKZuEau.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back