Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Oct 27, 2018 at 12:57 PM Post #16,606 of 40,591
people searching cables , the new PW audio lineup seems amazing

do some reading

Oct 27, 2018 at 1:05 PM Post #16,608 of 40,591
i have a gut feeling that pwaudio cables are the top cables around ,unfortunately they lack on hype/publicity though as other brands

i mean if you have tried something that's 8/10 ofc you are gonna think that it is 10/10 unil you try a 10/10

reminds me of a certain iem that even his maker tried to convince us that it's God's work

unfortunately hype only lasts so long here

Oct 27, 2018 at 7:19 PM Post #16,609 of 40,591
There are no top cables. There are cables that suit you as top, but who is to say that any of them are top to others' ears. And it depends as well on the iem's and the source device they attach to, and the music style)s) you listen to, and the quality of the sound files, and your mood that day. There are no absolutes here, and even if there were they would change as soon as something new came out and folks rushed to that. And then the next thing. And the next thing. Don't believe me? Just look at the For Sale threads. You can chart what the new best is by how many of the old best are up for sale.

Oct 28, 2018 at 5:31 AM Post #16,610 of 40,591
There are no top cables. There are cables that suit you as top, but who is to say that any of them are top to others' ears. And it depends as well on the iem's and the source device they attach to, and the music style)s) you listen to, and the quality of the sound files, and your mood that day. There are no absolutes here, and even if there were they would change as soon as something new came out and folks rushed to that. And then the next thing. And the next thing. Don't believe me? Just look at the For Sale threads. You can chart what the new best is by how many of the old best are up for sale.

Meet the new best, same as the old best? :p

Oct 28, 2018 at 8:51 AM Post #16,611 of 40,591
The Pioneer XDP-300R (basically the Onkyo DX-1) is a really good DAP for sensitive IEMs btw. It can handle my most sensitive IEMs with almost no hiss. Good for some of EE’s more sensitive IEMs like the old Olympia lineup or the BAs from the current one (ex: ESR).

Oct 28, 2018 at 9:04 AM Post #16,612 of 40,591
The Pioneer XDP-300R (basically the Onkyo DX-1) is a really good DAP for sensitive IEMs btw. It can handle my most sensitive IEMs with almost no hiss. Good for some of EE’s more sensitive IEMs like the old Olympia lineup or the BAs from the current one (ex: ESR).

Good to know even I do not own EE sensitive IEMs. This is why I don’t want to sell my DP-X1 and who knows in the near future I will get those sensitive IEMs to test out. Thank you. :slight_smile:

Oct 28, 2018 at 9:43 AM Post #16,613 of 40,591
Good to know even I do not own EE sensitive IEMs. This is why I don’t want to sell my DP-X1 and who knows in the near future I will get those sensitive IEMs to test out. Thank you. :slight_smile:

Ya I’m really impressed too. Low Gain 2 + narrow bands = makes my Orion almost hiss free. I’m going to test my Supra-II soon.

Bravado also sounds great out of it in ACG balanced.

Oct 28, 2018 at 12:15 PM Post #16,614 of 40,591
Ya I’m really impressed too. Low Gain 2 + narrow bands = makes my Orion almost hiss free. I’m going to test my Supra-II soon.

Bravado also sounds great out of it in ACG balanced.

I actually own the Spartans and don’t hesr any hiss out of DP-X1 and DX200TI and will get the Phantoms soon but afraid the hiss problems will occur like the other owners have been reported.

Oct 28, 2018 at 12:26 PM Post #16,615 of 40,591
I actually own the Spartans and don’t hesr any hiss out of DP-X1 and DX200TI and will get the Phantoms soon but afraid the hiss problems will occur like the other owners have been reported.

The Phantoms are less hissy than the Olympus line-up of IEMs. If you can't hear it on the Spartans, then you have nothing to worry about.

Oct 28, 2018 at 3:56 PM Post #16,616 of 40,591
The Phantoms are less hissy than the Olympus line-up of IEMs. If you can't hear it on the Spartans, then you have nothing to worry about.

If you said so I can be rest assured to order the Phantoms without worrying hissy CIEMs. To my ears little hiss when there is no music or the gap between songs would not make me worrying much. Thank you @Deezel177!

Oct 29, 2018 at 4:15 PM Post #16,617 of 40,591
ATTENTION EVERYONE
I'D LIKE TO WISH A HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY TO....THE MAN BEHIND THE MAGIC.... NONE OTHER THAN....
JACK VANG

Iz1mpMr.jpg

(p.s. yes, I know my paint skills are unparalleled)
(edited because I didn't even tag @Jack Vang oops)

Oct 29, 2018 at 4:25 PM Post #16,618 of 40,591
Aune m1s = zero hiss at all.

With Andromeda, Zeus, Se846, Kaiser Encore...

All these potentially (very) hissy u/ciem are (really) dead quiet, at any volume, low or high gain, with this DAP.

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2018 at 5:19 AM Post #16,619 of 40,591
ATTENTION EVERYONE
I'D LIKE TO WISH A HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY TO....THE MAN BEHIND THE MAGIC.... NONE OTHER THAN....
JACK VANG

Iz1mpMr.jpg

Happy birthday @Jack Vang!

Please, please, please, when Devon's birthday comes along, make her a set of CIEMs with this image on the faceplates... :D

Oct 30, 2018 at 10:24 AM Post #16,620 of 40,591
ATTENTION EVERYONE
JACK VANG

Iz1mpMr.jpg

Happy (belated) Birthday @Jack Vang - the cuddly face of IEM manufacturers everywhere! :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back