Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Oct 23, 2018 at 5:53 PM Post #16,561 of 40,598
Oct 23, 2018 at 6:06 PM Post #16,563 of 40,598
It is hard to choose between the 2 DAPs. If I were you I will get the LPGT that looks pretty cool and nice. Oh well! I can live with DX200TI and those mod amps with SR1 for awhile. :L3000:

I havevalready been sold toward lpgt at 80%.

I right now own dx208 it has nice bass cant wait to try my phantoms with it.
Though for my opinion dx208 is a downgrade for phantoms. They deserve better i played them with my desktop dac amp hdv820 and lord what it do to my phantom was out of this world joy. Texturing layering all sortes of echoing was so impressive. It was going so low and deep in details. Dx208 just cant do it. When i switch back to dx208 it feels like everything is downscaled. No extensions decays are shorter. Less details in texture. Bass is different that some reason dx208 does it better! It ripples and visceral kind of.

So i do have very high hopes for lpgt.

Oct 23, 2018 at 6:16 PM Post #16,564 of 40,598
I havevalready been sold toward lpgt at 80%.

I right now own dx208 it has nice bass cant wait to try my phantoms with it.
Though for my opinion dx208 is a downgrade for phantoms. They deserve better i played them with my desktop dac amp hdv820 and lord what it do to my phantom was out of this world joy. Texturing layering all sortes of echoing was so impressive. It was going so low and deep in details. Dx208 just cant do it. When i switch back to dx208 it feels like everything is downscaled. No extensions decays are shorter. Less details in texture. Bass is different that some reason dx208 does it better! It ripples and visceral kind of.

So i do have very high hopes for lpgt.

Maybe you have not heard DX200TI and mod amp8 which are already good for my Spartans. I can’t wait to try out with the Phantoms. :L3000:

Oct 23, 2018 at 6:26 PM Post #16,565 of 40,598
Maybe you have not heard DX200TI and mod amp8 which are already good for my Spartans. I can’t wait to try out with the Phantoms. :L3000:

And no i have not buttt it will hiss with my ears :frowning2: like my dx208.

I doubt it will beat lpgt
If it does then that is money well spent.

Oct 24, 2018 at 12:23 AM Post #16,566 of 40,598
Haha not so fast I also got musitek in nj usa that will have n8 and lpgt to audition side by side in late november. Just enough time to scrape all the savings possible cause it cost us a fortune to fellas Canadians.

I still cant picture a 4300 cad price in my mind for a dap that is some serious chunk of cash. Crazzy

Pretty sure someone said the LGPT hisses with Zeus, odds of it hissing are high with Phantom. Then there are people who hear Phantom hiss on DX200 and WM1A. So that ain't gospel.

Yeah 4300 for a DAP is insanity level, I'd rather buy some gold bars in that case. I could probably get Phantom and AK SE100 for that price, which is my plan since I plan to pass the DPX1A to my sister as her Xmas present,

Oct 24, 2018 at 12:30 AM Post #16,567 of 40,598
Pretty sure someone said the LGPT hisses with Zeus, odds of it hissing are high with Phantom. Then there are people who hear Phantom hiss on DX200 and WM1A. So that ain't gospel.

Yeah 4300 for a DAP is insanity level, I'd rather buy some gold bars in that case. I could probably get Phantom and AK SE100 for that price, which is my plan since I plan to pass the DPX1A to my sister as her Xmas present,

I just came back home and my phantom was left in front of my door on the floor Thank you Fedex gosshhh.

Ok thank god I live on last floore and no one took it.

Good news it ben such a long time i havent heard them. Oh boyyy they sound good all the delight and bliss joy. Even unburned they sound phenomenal.

First impression is powerfull load loads of details. So engaging and fun. The bass is the purist plessure its so good super deep wide thick and slams just like you were at the theater show lmao.
I always thought se846 were the bass iem. Hell not anymore my phantom just destroyed my se846 in all aspects. Il let them play threw the night and tomorow its gona be a musical marathon :L3000::gs1000smile::dt880smile:..boom boom yaa

And lpgt better not hiss or my window is ready :)

Oct 24, 2018 at 5:09 AM Post #16,568 of 40,598
if you are coming from 846 (which was a mediocre and very overated iem here) , no wonder Phantom sounds like angels singing

looks like phantom is the first true TOTL iem in your ears :wink:

Oct 24, 2018 at 9:02 AM Post #16,569 of 40,598
20181023_145421.jpg
First pic of my new Legend-X customs. Just love the blue burl finish (picture doesn't do the depth and contrast of the blues justice). First impressions of the sound are very positive...and that is with them only being driven by a phone.

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2018 at 10:04 AM Post #16,570 of 40,598
if you are coming from 846 (which was a mediocre and very overated iem here) , no wonder Phantom sounds like angels singing

looks like phantom is the first true TOTL iem in your ears :wink:

Please change my mind :wink:

Oct 24, 2018 at 10:19 AM Post #16,571 of 40,598
Please change my mind :wink:

i didn't mean that Phantom is bad , au contraire (as they say in France) it is indeed a TOTL iem

it's just that going from a 5/10 iem to a 9/10 iem, it will definitely blow your mind

i would love to try Phantom at some point , but Zeus (and an empty wallet) keeps me on a tight leash for now :sunglasses:

Oct 24, 2018 at 11:01 AM Post #16,572 of 40,598
At last I joined the EE family, with the LX. I was recommended to buy the Zeus, but after much debate (and as I already have the LCDi4) decided to go for a more fun signature. And thus the LX.

Question here: I am currently driving it from a SP1000M and SE, and it can drive it pretty good. Are there any SP1000(M) and LX owners that an comment on the sound difference from SE or balanced output? Do you see any improvement in balanced mode with LX?

Oct 24, 2018 at 7:58 PM Post #16,574 of 40,598
At last I joined the EE family, with the LX. I was recommended to buy the Zeus, but after much debate (and as I already have the LCDi4) decided to go for a more fun signature. And thus the LX.

Question here: I am currently driving it from a SP1000M and SE, and it can drive it pretty good. Are there any SP1000(M) and LX owners that an comment on the sound difference from SE or balanced output? Do you see any improvement in balanced mode with LX?
Moar powaaaaaaa
But in all seriousness, you've already come this far, just get a balanced cable

Oct 25, 2018 at 5:41 PM Post #16,575 of 40,598
Still loving my LX. I want to pick up another IEM to compliment them but I’m not even sure where to start. Any recommendations? Ideally it would be the u18t but that’s a bit out of my budget for now.

I haven’t heard any of the EE offerings outside of the LX and Zeus and the Zeus isn’t for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back