Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Sep 20, 2018 at 6:42 PM Post #16,171 of 40,591
And this guy swore he had nothing to drink..

giphy.gif

We listen to completely different music..so ya, what was the question? :D
Something about bubblegum and badly recorded music?

Sep 20, 2018 at 7:33 PM Post #16,173 of 40,591
Man...the MD x EE Zeus looks tempting.

Sep 20, 2018 at 7:56 PM Post #16,175 of 40,591
Sep 20, 2018 at 8:02 PM Post #16,176 of 40,591
a bargain, imo.
Yeah, god the last thing I need is another pair of iems, but this could be too good a deal to pass up. Also interested in more thoughts on the xiv vs r.

Sep 20, 2018 at 8:11 PM Post #16,177 of 40,591
Yeah, god the last thing I need is another pair of iems, but this could be too good a deal to pass up. Also interested in more thoughts on the xiv vs r.

having XR i listen to both tunings and love the versatility i have

if i had to pick just one tuning , i would have a problem as both tunings get listening time

XIV is the more euphoric/full one , R is the more neutral/reference one

XIV has slighty bigger bass and mids more upfront , R has a bigger soundstage and mids less upfront

still at 999$ this is a 50% reduction from the price hat XIV used to sell so yeah a bargain without a doubt

Sep 20, 2018 at 8:41 PM Post #16,178 of 40,591
having XR i listen to both tunings and love the versatility i have

if i had to pick just one tuning , i would have a problem as both tunings get listening time

XIV is the more euphoric/full one , R is the more neutral/reference one

XIV has slighty bigger bass and mids more upfront , R has a bigger soundstage and mids less upfront

still at 999$ this is a 50% reduction from the price hat XIV used to sell so yeah a bargain without a doubt

Thanks for this. Yes, that’s what I thought. The XIV tuning is probably the one of those two that I would most enjoy anyway

Sep 20, 2018 at 9:10 PM Post #16,179 of 40,591
Canadian FYI - You can purchase all EE iems from https://www.headfoneshop.com/ is what I was told back in April. Charles also matches EE or other dealer sales. Just a way to keep our money in our country. Shipping probably would've been the same. If you don't mind my nosiness, how much did they declare at and how much tax did you pay. You guys are 12%, correct?

I went to Charles first. I was asking about the Bravados which he said were about a month away and the ESRs were on order but he didn't know when he would be getting them.. Direct from EE only gave me the option of a 2.5mm cable and the very expensive shipping and then I found Audio46 with the discount and the cheap shipping.. so I went for it. I thought it was going to be USPS shipping as that was what was on the site but then I got a FedEx tracking number through email so I phoned them. They told me that the only use FedEx and that USPS was not an option and did I want to cancel.. I didn't so they went out.. What I didn't expect was that for $25 I got overnight shipping. They were declared at full value and I got a call from FedEx to pay $137 or about 12%..

Sep 20, 2018 at 9:16 PM Post #16,180 of 40,591
I'm gonna wait for measurements. Been waiting for Zeus measurements for a while now ever since I started putting it in my considerations. Sadly I couldn't hold out any longer and went with the Katana, but I'd be willing to save up for this Zeus XIV drop (or a full Zeus XR, even) if the FR looks as expected.

Sep 20, 2018 at 10:08 PM Post #16,182 of 40,591
I've gleaned a few more tidbits...
  • MD version uses same crossover and drivers as the original XIV.
  • Casing is made of ABS plastic, to reduce costs.
  • Measurements should be available prior to drop close.
  • @CEE TEE "hopes" to get a few sets out to "trusted ears in the community" prior to drop close.
  • No info has been provided so far about the cable. (Apparently, many folks in this forum care a LOT about cables. :confused:)
hth

Sep 20, 2018 at 10:20 PM Post #16,183 of 40,591
I've gleaned a few more tidbits...
  • MD version uses same crossover and drivers as the original XIV.
  • Casing is made of ABS plastic, to reduce costs.
  • Measurements should be available prior to drop close.
  • @CEE TEE "hopes" to get a few sets out to "trusted ears in the community" prior to drop close.
  • No info has been provided so far about the cable. (Apparently, many folks in this forum care a LOT about cables. :confused:)
hth
Cable is from null audio, silver plated copper

Users who are viewing this thread

Back