Emotiva Stealth DC-1 DAC
Jun 19, 2017 at 1:59 PM Post #826 of 903
Hi Guys,

New DC-1 owner here. Question for other owners out there - has anyone experienced the audio cutting off when using smartphones? I use the DC-1 with an ipod touch and iphone 6s and experience the audio cutting off sporadically. I have not been able to figure out the cause yet. The issue occurs using any of my music apps (apple music, spotify, or onkyo HF) and audio resumes once I stop, close, and reopen the app. Very strange as the dc-1 or chosen music app doesn't display any error message and the track time is still going. It just seems to occur at random times.

Jun 22, 2017 at 11:31 AM Post #828 of 903
I've had a DC-1 for a couple years. Everything has been great until today. The only out of the ordinary thing that happened yesterday was that my wife decide to turn off the entire power strip. This morning I turned it on, then turned the DC-1 on with the switch, then remote and the blue emotiva logo froze in about medium size. I turned it off and then turned it on again and I heard what sounded like 2 scratches or 2 quick zipper sounds. The first "zip" lasting slightly longer than the other. Both happened for less than a fraction of a second. I took the top off and removed the fuse and put it (the same one) back. I plugged it in again, and turned it on, and it seemed fine, then I heard the "zips" again and the home screen froze. The knobs on the front and the remote did not do anything. Screen is frozen. Anybody have this problem?

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2017 at 2:43 PM Post #831 of 903
I'll give them a call on Monday. It's crazy to realize how much I've come to depend on this thing, now that I haven't been able to use it for a few days.

Good luck, they have been good with customer service with me. I know I would sure miss mine if it went down...

:)

Jun 26, 2017 at 12:50 PM Post #833 of 903
They are in fact very nice and quick to answer the phone. Just too expensive to justify fixing this with the cost of a used one being what they are. $100 to check what's wrong with it, and after that, an unknown amount. For now, I'm stuck with a brick. Bit of a drag, as I just acquired some parts from a friend to make xlr cables to use with this.

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2017 at 1:14 PM Post #834 of 903
They are in fact very nice and quick to answer the phone. Just too expensive to justify fixing this with the cost of a used one being what they are. $100 to check what's wrong with it, and after that, an unknown amount. For now, I'm stuck with a brick. Bit of a drag, as I just acquired some parts from a friend to make xlr cables to use with this.

How old is your DC-1?

Jun 26, 2017 at 1:45 PM Post #836 of 903
Probably less than 5 years. I'm working on getting the original buyers info, which may not happen.

I hope you can get the paperwork since it does have a 5 year warranty...

:)

Jun 26, 2017 at 2:41 PM Post #837 of 903
Working on it. Fingers crossed. Just in case, Has anyone compared it to the schiit modi with a full 2 channel stereo set up? they can be found for $100. Pretty much the price of Emotiva just looking at the DC-1 to see what's wrong.

Jun 27, 2017 at 12:11 PM Post #838 of 903
Working on it. Fingers crossed. Just in case, Has anyone compared it to the schiit modi with a full 2 channel stereo set up? they can be found for $100. Pretty much the price of Emotiva just looking at the DC-1 to see what's wrong.
I replaced my DC-1 with a Mimby and a Saga. I realize the Mimby is more than a $100.00. Not concerned about balanced inputs and outputs. Couldn't hear a difference and my cable runs are short. The combo sounds more real, less clinical. I liked the DC-1, but this was a step up for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back