Emotiva A-100
May 22, 2019 at 1:28 PM Post #633 of 759
As an FYI, I've had my A-100 for a few months now and am completely satisfied with it. It's a shame it doesn't have additional analog inputs, but the sound quality is great. I've been using it to power a pair of ELAC UB5's which sound absolutely fantastic with the A-100, using my old Mimby as a DAC. At some point I'll use it for headphones, but atm, it's too far away from the couch.

Jun 16, 2019 at 10:28 PM Post #640 of 759
Hello. I have been researching the a-100 for quite some time. I have a different use for the power and would love to hear if anyone has used it for the same.

Myself and a few friends have the same headphones and like to listen all at the same time. As it stands I use two or three separate fiio A5 amps to run three hd6xx or some m50x at the same time using a splitter from a fiio M9 2volt output Dac.

I want to simplify and have more power.
Has anyone hooked up multiple headphones with a splitter off the headphone out, while having the jumpers installed for the additional power.

I am curious if this would be An answer for us to have the exact same sound and volume from 2 or three different headphones (say hd650s) while also having a “more than needed” amount of volume without taking a hit to sound quality.

Anyone try dual or triple listening off the A-100?

It seems like it would have loads of power for even 4-5 pairs of 300ohm headphones?

Thanks in advance for any input.

Jun 17, 2019 at 7:20 AM Post #642 of 759
I'd be going for multiple of the same amp. Or a few different amps so everyone can have their own volume controls

Yes that is what we do now and it work ok. It’s just a wiring mess. We are on the same page for volume so one amp would suffice as we use the exact same pairs of headphone at a time. Also, when using three amps it take the volume down a bit from the dac. It would be nice to have one dac and one powerful amp for the multiple sets of identical headphones.

Jun 17, 2019 at 10:55 AM Post #643 of 759
With the jumpers installed, the A-100 would easily run as many as 50 or 75 pairs of 300 Ohm headphones, and each would play at the same volume (assuming the same model).
The Volume also will not change significantly regardless of how many pairs you plug in.
(No exaggeration there.... 75 pairs of 300 Ohm headphones in parallel is equivalent to a single pair of 4 Ohm speakers. :beerchug:.)

All you would need would be a passive splitter.
(You could wire up a nice panel with a whole bunch of headphone jacks in parallel... just be make sure to use non-shorting jacks.)

The A-100 could also run several pairs of high-impedance headphones with the jumpers out.
However, if you do that, the level will be slightly lower when multiple pairs are plugged in.

Hello. I have been researching the a-100 for quite some time. I have a different use for the power and would love to hear if anyone has used it for the same.

Myself and a few friends have the same headphones and like to listen all at the same time. As it stands I use two or three separate fiio A5 amps to run three hd6xx or some m50x at the same time using a splitter from a fiio M9 2volt output Dac.

I want to simplify and have more power.
Has anyone hooked up multiple headphones with a splitter off the headphone out, while having the jumpers installed for the additional power.

I am curious if this would be An answer for us to have the exact same sound and volume from 2 or three different headphones (say hd650s) while also having a “more than needed” amount of volume without taking a hit to sound quality.

Anyone try dual or triple listening off the A-100?

It seems like it would have loads of power for even 4-5 pairs of 300ohm headphones?

Thanks in advance for any input.

Jun 17, 2019 at 2:04 PM Post #644 of 759
With the jumpers installed, the A-100 would easily run as many as 50 or 75 pairs of 300 Ohm headphones, and each would play at the same volume (assuming the same model).
The Volume also will not change significantly regardless of how many pairs you plug in.
(No exaggeration there.... 75 pairs of 300 Ohm headphones in parallel is equivalent to a single pair of 4 Ohm speakers. :beerchug:.)

All you would need would be a passive splitter.
(You could wire up a nice panel with a whole bunch of headphone jacks in parallel... just be make sure to use non-shorting jacks.)

The A-100 could also run several pairs of high-impedance headphones with the jumpers out.
However, if you do that, the level will be slightly lower when multiple pairs are plugged in.

Thanks for the answer. It sounds like that will be my next logical “headphone station”. Now I just have to hardwire my listening positions. Lol.

Jun 17, 2019 at 2:08 PM Post #645 of 759
Thanks for the answer. It sounds like that will be my next logical “headphone station”. Now I just have to hardwire my listening positions. Lol.

One more quick question if you will.

In general, are the generic headphone splitters such as the amazon basics one non-shorted or is their a particular way to determine if they are or not with an ohmeter?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back