Elekit TU-8200 DX Headphone/Speaker Amp Review
Dec 14, 2020 at 10:28 AM Post #1,051 of 1,441
Hello All, I have read 40 or so pages on this forum.... such amazing knowledge here.
I have one question though... is there a recommended upgrade list anybody can provide for a first build? Perhaps some parts from mouser?

I plan on ordering and building over the holiday, but want to do it right on the first build. Perhaps a list of swapping this-for-that? Only on the most important bang for the buck components?

I do not know much about electrical engineering but have soldered a number of kits for synths. Looking forward to this project and your suggestions. I am looking for a "clean" sound.

Thanks in advance.

Dec 15, 2020 at 9:58 PM Post #1,058 of 1,441
Wow Victor, those Lundahls look just amazing! I'm sure they sound amazing too!

Are they available now? The fit and finish on them looks perfect, 3 years waiting seems to be well worth it in the end!

Jan 2, 2021 at 10:41 PM Post #1,060 of 1,441
I bought and built my TU-8200 a couple of years ago and I loved it. I bought it from tubedepot.com. Work keeps me away a lot so it doesnʻt have a lot of hours. In the early days I did some power tube rolling but ended up settling on the original 6L6EHʻs that came with it. I had it playing yesterday and it sounded great. I played it again today and I started hearing distortion. It was from the right channel. Then the right channel went silent and the led changed to orange. I shut it down. I switched out power tubes but no help. The filaments glow. So Iʻm guessing itʻs a MOSFET and searched for replacements. Mouser no longer stocks them and it seems no one does anymore. Does anyone have a source? Thank you and Happy New Year!

Jan 2, 2021 at 11:12 PM Post #1,063 of 1,441
If your LED turned RED.. It means too much current in your amp
You need to replace the tube set
I recommend to order two extra two glass diodes..
send repayment to vkmusic.@me.com
please make sure to pick US$ otherwise PayPal will convert to C$ at the lowest exchange rate
if you have zelle you can send the $6 (4 FET 2 Diodes)+ $8.50 shipping to vkung821@gmail.com
i will ship on monday

Users who are viewing this thread

Back