Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.)
Apr 22, 2012 at 8:13 AM Post #2,401 of 6,987

Quote:
sup everyone just getting more into electronic music, I know there's a lot of genres but what's the main differences between the genres and how to differentiate? thnx :}

also any good blogspots that update with good music all the time ? I have a few different blogs that post great music from my fav rock/metal/hip hop artists and post new albums to download for free and mixtapes, but haven't found a good one for electronic music except this thread lol.  I found this one http://www.gottadancedirty.com/ but not sure what kinda artists they post and if it's good being new to the scene and all

If you like it, it's good. 

Apr 22, 2012 at 2:04 PM Post #2,402 of 6,987
Liking the stuff you posted Bcool, good music.

Today I decided to do a full listen of Era Of Diversion, a fantastic album first recommended to me by MorbidToaster. 

After I listened, I was so happy with Evol Intent that I decided to find something else as profound as Era Of Diversion.

I found this:

Apr 22, 2012 at 3:25 PM Post #2,403 of 6,987
@tehjam. Trance is produced at many different bpm's. As for house it ranges from 130 - 136. Moombahton is produced at 108 but usually spun at 110. Dnb and drumstep ranges from 145 - 175.

You missed UK Hardcore/Happy Hardcore which is produced at 165 - 175 but almost always spun at 180bpm.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Satanic Unicorn magic.

Apr 22, 2012 at 3:31 PM Post #2,404 of 6,987
Glad you finally got around to Era of Diversion. 

Great, great album. Middle of the Night has to be my favorite track. Beautifully brutal. 

Quote:
Liking the stuff you posted Bcool, good music.

Today I decided to do a full listen of Era Of Diversion, a fantastic album first recommended to me by MorbidToaster. 

After I listened, I was so happy with Evol Intent that I decided to find something else as profound as Era Of Diversion.

I found this:

Apr 22, 2012 at 3:54 PM Post #2,405 of 6,987
Yea I hadn't really done a full listen yet, just picked and chose my favorites. Middle Of The Night comes at a close second to South London for me, the vibes from that song are unreal.

By the way, Reso did a fantastic drumstep remix of Middle Of The Night.

Thanks for the info as well, EpicPie.

Apr 22, 2012 at 5:31 PM Post #2,407 of 6,987
Apr 23, 2012 at 5:54 PM Post #2,412 of 6,987
beatport is a little too expensive for me at least, are there any good edm websites that keep track of your buyings?
for example :
i buy so so by dj ford2 on itunes if my music ever gets wiped from my computer or my harddrive crashes next time i go on itunes if i ever want the song back it will just be in purchased and i just have to redownload it and not repurchase it

Apr 23, 2012 at 6:43 PM Post #2,413 of 6,987
I have a ton of catching up to do in here!  I have been super super busy working ten+ hour shifts 6 days a week but I thought Id stop by and drop this bomb on you guys.

Remember those tunes from Pheral that I posted a while back? (hatchway/sanctuary)  Well here is a new one from them, and it's HUGE.

These guys have been a favorite of mine since I heard that hatchway EP, amazing atmosphere created by their stuff

I just found out this was released, and Im about to purchase a 320 in a minute.  

Now to read through all the pages I missed hah

beatport is a little too expensive for me at least, are there any good edm websites that keep track of your buyings?
for example :
i buy so so by dj ford2 on itunes if my music ever gets wiped from my computer or my harddrive crashes next time i go on itunes if i ever want the song back it will just be in purchased and i just have to redownload it and not repurchase it

juno download is my favorite, I buy the majority of my tunes from there

all the purchases are saved to your account

Anyone listen to the new Clubroot yet?  Im about to download it and see if it is worth purchasing

Apr 23, 2012 at 7:08 PM Post #2,414 of 6,987
for example :

ITunes does save your purchases now and they're easy to redownload. So does Beatport and Juno.

Also...failed hard drives should be a non issue as it should be backed up somewhere or if you have enough music it should probably be in a fail safe raid.

Apr 23, 2012 at 9:08 PM Post #2,415 of 6,987
So I've listened to some of the stuff recently posted, 

Hologram00, I liked the first and third tracks you posted, good stuff there. The Pheral stuff KillTheNoize posted was good, although I can't say I've ever heard of Clubroot, I'll give them a go in a bit.

By the way, The M Machine releases Metropolis Part 1 tomorrow, they've already given away one of the tracks for free, it's very good. I love the rest of the album as well, good to see another release from those guys.

Also, been listening to a good amount of chill stuff lately, mostly Blackmill, but here are a couple of solid tunes worth the listen:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back