Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.)
Mar 23, 2013 at 8:58 PM Post #4,591 of 6,987
Quote:
OK, will do, would have to be some time in October though, so I have a while to go, but once I get it, it should last me quite a while!
biggrin.gif

Hope you like it. Analog has bought me more joy than digital ever did in the short time I've been into it. Mainly due to the fact that modern music usually just sounds so much better on vinyl.

The RP1 will last a long time due to the fact you can make a ton of small upgrades to it.

Mar 23, 2013 at 9:06 PM Post #4,592 of 6,987
Hope you like it. Analog has bought me more joy than digital ever did in the short time I've been into it. Mainly due to the fact that modern music usually just sounds so much better on vinyl.

The RP1 will last a long time due to the fact you can make a ton of small upgrades to it.
KK! Can't wait! I'll still get a decent DAC for when I use my PC and any anime/vocaloid/whatever I can't afford though. But Vinyl seems fun! :D What upgrades are there? Like belt, platter, tonearm, etc..? Seems fun to see the improvements with the next step until it becomes too expensive/warrants a new TT. :D

Mar 23, 2013 at 10:58 PM Post #4,593 of 6,987
Quote:
KK! Can't wait! I'll still get a decent DAC for when I use my PC and any anime/vocaloid/whatever I can't afford though. But Vinyl seems fun!
biggrin.gif
What upgrades are there? Like belt, platter, tonearm, etc..? Seems fun to see the improvements with the next step until it becomes too expensive/warrants a new TT.
biggrin.gif

Belt, platter, PSU, subplatter, mat, isolation platforms...of course arm and cart, but an arm upgrade will cost as much as the table.

Mar 23, 2013 at 11:04 PM Post #4,594 of 6,987
Belt, platter, PSU, subplatter, mat, isolation platforms...of course arm and cart, but an arm upgrade will cost as much as the table.
Guess it would cost an arm and a leg (Referring to high mass racks (That sounded REALLY wrong, like us saying "cans")). :p

Mar 24, 2013 at 8:29 AM Post #4,595 of 6,987
I downloaded an album yesterday off HD Tracks -- Brothers Fowl from Dam Mantle. It has a jazzy / experimental / glitchy feel but it pretty accessible. Check it out if you are into that kind of sound.

Mar 24, 2013 at 4:05 PM Post #4,596 of 6,987
so i finally got down to downloading some music from that ever growing list (it never gets any shorter, only longer, always longer...) and i fell upon an artist i imagine you already know, but heres a reminder of how great this guy is

im so glad i found this guy, right when i was starting to really need something new 

Mar 24, 2013 at 4:52 PM Post #4,597 of 6,987
so i finally got down to downloading some music from that ever growing list (it never gets any shorter, only longer, always longer...) and i fell upon an artist i imagine you already know, but heres a reminder of how great this guy is

im so glad i found this guy, right when i was starting to really need something new 
I think I'm going to buy this so I'll have an album for when I get a vinyl player, and I could get the FLAC files for until then and for portable use. :D

Mar 24, 2013 at 5:01 PM Post #4,599 of 6,987
did i introduce you to him? if so then im honored. i was under the impression he was pretty well known. i know this album has made my day, actually made my week probably XD
Yup, don't listen to electro much, really just getting into more of the niche groups instead of semi-popular Alt. Rock. :wink:

Mar 24, 2013 at 5:05 PM Post #4,600 of 6,987
Would I buy it off of Bandcamp? I don't know where to buy any vinyl, but this is the only place I found it.

Mar 24, 2013 at 5:41 PM Post #4,601 of 6,987
Quote:
Would I buy it off of Bandcamp? I don't know where to buy any vinyl, but this is the only place I found it.

sorry mate, im not into vinyl. not into any hardware music actually - all my library is digital only, save a few really old cds i own from my early teenage years, and i dont listen to thos anyway...
Quote:
Yup, don't listen to electro much, really just getting into more of the niche groups instead of semi-popular Alt. Rock.
wink.gif

niche groups? you mean obscure? 
tongue_smile.gif

Mar 24, 2013 at 5:55 PM Post #4,602 of 6,987
sorry mate, im not into vinyl. not into any hardware music actually - all my library is digital only, save a few really old cds i own from my early teenage years, and i dont listen to thos anyway...

niche groups? you mean obscure? :tongue_smile:
I only have digital ATM as well... And yeah, obscure would describe it!

Mar 24, 2013 at 8:41 PM Post #4,603 of 6,987
Quote:

Yup, Clubroot is deep in the groove. Very tasty.

Mar 25, 2013 at 10:27 PM Post #4,604 of 6,987
This is pretty sweet. Makes me think of songs Burial would produce if he ever saw a sunny day. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back