Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.)
Mar 19, 2013 at 5:54 PM Post #4,561 of 6,987
This podcast is full of crazy tunes, loving Lifted lately:

Mar 20, 2013 at 10:21 AM Post #4,562 of 6,987
Quote:

usually not quite my cup of tea, but i enjoyed that - thanks

Quote:
I'll be recording my set tonight, I think I'll just call this my promo mix... It's gonna be mostly rehearsed/planned out unlike my last set.

This is only because it's my first time playing a 11-12 slot, so I wanna impress. I'm gonna do what the 11-12 slot should do and build intensity through out the mix, and let the 'headliner' (in this case another local who's got much more experience than I) slay it. I hope to someday play the closing slot, which imo should be no holds barred givin'er to the late night dance crew.

Still, I've been keeping up with new tunes, so this set will be mostly current drum and bass from the last 18 months. I'm gonna try to keep it all current, but I have some dirty tricks to pull out that go back to the golden era of dnb. Should be fun. 

Still gotta make a mini mix though. But to be honest, it's part of a contest so I don't know if I'll post it here, but it's gonna take some work, and lots of fun to cater the mini mix for the particular contest.

Honestly, anyone here who doesn't DJ, do yourself a favour, and save up for the gear (you probably have enough headphones :wink: lol). I never intended to play out, but after a while it was kind of an itch to want to hear my own set on a big system. It's satisfying, but I still am not in it for recognition. It's just REALLY FUN. I don't even own decks and a mixer, I use a Traktor Kontrol S4. It's ~$1000 and comes with the Traktor 2.6 software, the controller itself has 4 decks, effects, and built in soundcard (I've been meaning to find out the specs of it, but I haven't cared enough to be honest, it's professional grade sound, so I'll go with that). The software gives you ability to map the mixer, record your sets, auto-adjust gain etc. It makes beatmatching really easy. If you intend to DJ purely for the hobby, it's a great starter kit. I intend on getting a 3 deck set up in the near future, but at the time of wanting to start DJing myself (instead of flailing on my friend's decks, and libraries), I decided this was a great way to get the hang of 'the mix'. Oh and money. $1000 got me 4 decks, software, an effects board, and soundcard. My upgrade will be ~$5000. I hope less. 

Anyways. This has nothing to do with music...lol soooooo...

Here's a fresh one, came out yesterday, will be in my set tonight. 

Another one form Cern, well, at least a collab WITH Cern.

And this is a sweet liquid track I've been vibing lately

those cern guys reminded me of black sun empire. good luck with your set!

NEW SOLAR ORDER TRAKC:
https://soundcloud.com/soularorder/fatale

edit: this one is great too

Mar 21, 2013 at 3:43 AM Post #4,565 of 6,987
ugh ***. I hit the record button, but literally 40 ins into my set I noticed it WASN'T recording. I checked when I got home, and I have a file that's time stamped appropriately, but it's a soundless file. It's so weird. I'm a little miffed, cuz I actually liked my set a lot. In Traktor you can sort the files by 'last played' but I'm pretty sure that's not the order I played them in. 

So yeah. Sorry guys. I wish I knew what happened. I wish I had that set, I really liked. 

Mar 21, 2013 at 7:24 AM Post #4,566 of 6,987
Hi All! I am thoroughly enjoying this thread and checking out what you post./ Thank you. 

I was wondering if in addition to brand new spanking tracks, you all could share you favorite album that you feel withstood the test of time. I dont care how old it is. It is up to you to define what that means to you. IT just has to be an full length album. Thanks! 

For me it is Kid A (its electronic I say!), Apex twin "I care because you do," Infected mushroon "classical mushroom," MANDY's "Renaissance; The mix collection" CD1,  Shpongle albums, Apparat's JD kicks and list goes on......

Mar 21, 2013 at 11:58 AM Post #4,567 of 6,987
DJ Shadow - Entroducing...
Massive Attack - Mezzanine
Aphex Twin - Selected Ambient Works 85-92 & Selected Ambient Works II
PPK - Russian Trance Formation
BT - Ima & ESCM

There are of course many, many more.

Quote:
Hi All! I am thoroughly enjoying this thread and checking out what you post./ Thank you. 

I was wondering if in addition to brand new spanking tracks, you all could share you favorite album that you feel withstood the test of time. I dont care how old it is. It is up to you to define what that means to you. IT just has to be an full length album. Thanks! 

For me it is Kid A (its electronic I say!), Apex twin "I care because you do," Infected mushroon "classical mushroom," MANDY's "Renaissance; The mix collection" CD1,  Shpongle albums, Apparat's JD kicks and list goes on......

Mar 21, 2013 at 1:06 PM Post #4,568 of 6,987
Thanks MT! No doubt, all classic picks! You actually reminded me about DJ shadow. Gotta find that CD!

Mar 21, 2013 at 6:06 PM Post #4,569 of 6,987
Anyone checked out Eskmo's Terra EP? I'm about to get into it.

Mar 21, 2013 at 8:40 PM Post #4,570 of 6,987
Had it since release but have never actually played it. First spin tonight...As good as I remember...

And once I get my speakers tonight/tomorrow it'll be even better.

Mar 21, 2013 at 10:05 PM Post #4,572 of 6,987
Quote:

gotta be Pendulums album, Immersion.  one of my favorites and always will be :D

Mar 21, 2013 at 10:08 PM Post #4,573 of 6,987
Immersion hasn't really 'stood the test of time' yet. I almost mentioned Hold Your Colour, but I think even it's not quite there yet.

If we're going slightly more recent...Hold Your Colour and Escape From Planet Monday (DJ Fresh) absolutely make the list.

Quote:

Mar 22, 2013 at 6:26 AM Post #4,574 of 6,987
Quote:
Had it since release but have never actually played it. First spin tonight...As good as I remember...

And once I get my speakers tonight/tomorrow it'll be even better.

love the pic! nice setup!

Mar 22, 2013 at 6:27 AM Post #4,575 of 6,987
Quote:

Quote:
Immersion hasn't really 'stood the test of time' yet. I almost mentioned Hold Your Colour, but I think even it's not quite there yet.

If we're going slightly more recent...Hold Your Colour and Escape From Planet Monday (DJ Fresh) absolutely make the list.

Thanks guys! I actually never heard DJ Fresh (heard of him though). gonna check it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back