Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.)
Dec 19, 2012 at 8:39 AM Post #3,946 of 6,987
Quote:
Got this today from the mail. CDR with booklet. Bound by copper wire ;:D

Interesting stuff!
http://salamandertwo.bandcamp.com/music

Well, from what I heard from bandcamp, it is quite loud music. Not exactly my cup of tea although I like dark stuff, but with more calm, with more ambient... What thoughts do you have? 
eek.gif

Quote:
I don't have much experience with DnB but I bought this a couple days ago. Will probably buy the remix set in the near future as well.

Wonderful track, it made my day. 
tongue.gif

Dec 19, 2012 at 11:27 AM Post #3,947 of 6,987
Quote:

Well, from what I heard from bandcamp, it is quite loud music. Not exactly my cup of tea although I like dark stuff, but with more calm, with more ambient... What thoughts do you have? 
eek.gif

At first it sounded silly, Record Label Records artist tend to be more on this psychedelic style of electronic music. After two listens I have no complaints! It's very lively and organic sounding album. Some glitch elements for sure. Will take more spins to say for sure but so far I like it.

The last, longer track especially is quite relaxed and smooth, like a mantra. I don't maybe understand what you mean by loud? 

@TJ Elite, very nice track!

Dec 19, 2012 at 3:46 PM Post #3,948 of 6,987
Well, from what I heard from bandcamp, it is quite loud music. Not exactly my cup of tea although I like dark stuff, but with more calm, with more ambient... What thoughts do you have? :eek:

Band camp has more than just 'loud' look under their ambient and psychedelic genres, even a lot of the their electronic is down tempo or chill. Certainly not all fast paced hardcore or loud as you say. I'm not with the genre terms but my main genre's are chill down tempo or ambient dubstep, and 80% of my music comes from bandcamp. :smile:

Dec 19, 2012 at 9:20 PM Post #3,950 of 6,987
For anyone into some smooth, progressive, deep, tech-house with doses of restrained trance and techno, I would highly recommend checking out Nick Warren's Podcast. He's the other half of the duo Way Out West for anyone unfamiliar. Really great stuff. 

He has several out, but here's September 2012:

http://www.1001tracklists.com/tracklist/18673_nick-warren-nick-warren-podcast-september-2012-09-21.html

... and November 2012:

http://www.mixcloud.com/YeahRadio/nick-warren-delta-fm-podcast-november-2012/

Dec 19, 2012 at 9:49 PM Post #3,951 of 6,987
This is so killer. A must hear. Came out this year on Bedrock.

Henry Saiz - Uncharted.

Dec 20, 2012 at 12:16 AM Post #3,952 of 6,987
Not sure what this one falls under but pretty interesting.  Guitar makes it.

Liquid DNB:

Quote:

I love the melody in the last song.

These are probably one of the few artists where I can listen straight through an entire album.

Surprised that I had not heard those songs.  Easily some songs I can play in the background with pretty much anything going.

Quote:
This is so killer. A must hear. Came out this year on Bedrock.

Henry Saiz - Uncharted.

O hell yeah, I'm liking that one!

Dec 20, 2012 at 12:26 AM Post #3,953 of 6,987
Been listening to the lossless version of Burial's Untrue. I really, really like these guys.

Dec 20, 2012 at 1:30 AM Post #3,956 of 6,987
Here you go lads. (FREE) Click "Buy Now" and enter $0.00

SUBBASS V3​.​0 DUBSTEP MADE IN GERMANY

http://subbass.bandcamp.com/album/subbass-v30-dubstep-made-in-germany

Dec 20, 2012 at 3:29 AM Post #3,957 of 6,987
Been diggin these releases from 2012, I like my EDM dark, atmospheric and well recorded.

Silent Harbour; Silent Harbour

Shed; The Killer

Deadbeat; Eight

Merry Xmas!

Dec 20, 2012 at 2:23 PM Post #3,958 of 6,987
Booyaaah Ninjatune has that Lorn 2LP back in stock! Also, gave some dollarz for this EP, you probably know Mimosa:

Edit: Thank you LugBug1 for the suggestions!

Dec 20, 2012 at 2:47 PM Post #3,959 of 6,987
Oh man. I should buy another. Speaking if Ninjatune. Just bought the FaultyDL 2 LP, T Shirt, and Picture Disc special edition for the album in Jan. Wife(ish) decided it was my birthday gift.

Dec 20, 2012 at 4:34 PM Post #3,960 of 6,987
Happy Birthday MT!

Thought it would be cool to list our top 5 releases of 2012? (it would be helpful for peeps like me too) There have been some great "EDM" (easier then saying dub, techno,house,ambient etc) releases this year and it would be easy to make a top 10 or even 20! But to narrow it down to 5 will be more fun I thought. 

Here's mine

5.Modeselektor ; Monkeytown
4.Deepchord : Sommer
3.Monolake ; Ghosts
2.Burial ; Street Halo Kindred
1.Silent Harbour : Silent Harbour

Users who are viewing this thread

Back