Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.)
Dec 16, 2012 at 3:38 PM Post #3,916 of 6,987
Symbion Project uploaded this about an hour ago.

Dec 16, 2012 at 4:06 PM Post #3,917 of 6,987
Quote:
Quote:
Tomorrow. New Burial, and it's out tomorrow.... I think I might need a sedative.
Preview it here - http://www.juno.co.uk/products/one-two/476634-01/

WHAT!?!? now i need to be sedated too! i had no idea this was on its way! best news iv heard since i heard about the new TRUTH!

Quote:

I guess dungeon dubstep is more of a local term. It refers to the likes of J:Kenzo, Icicle, Youngsta, Truth, Distance, DJ Madd etc etc. I guess the imagery of a dungeon comes to mind when listening to that kind of dubstep, ya know?

I dunno, this year for dnb has been off the hook. I've been really digging all the neuro funk that's been coming out this year. I can't seem to get into these slower genres. The drums just don't excite me like dnb. Even drumstep is meh for me when it comes to drums. Also not a fan of the 'brostep' electroish type synths in drumstep and dnb, too screechy for me I guess. 

That all stems back to how I used to be a pretty big metalhead. Drums are an important part of the music for me. Dubstep is fun when it gets that metal groove going. The metal attitude of Excision and Datsik is what got me into EDM in the first place. but since then I guess my tastes have developed and become more specific and I think I've found my niche in neuro funk.

lol, so when you say deep dungeon you basically mean deep? dont know most of those guys, ill give them a try later on.

to be honest i prefer "regular" and "liquid" dnb than neurofunk... im not saying iv stopped listening to dnb entirely, i just dont listen to it very much... not as often as i do other genres.

i was a metalhead once too. i made the (surprisingly common) transition from black metal to industrial and carried on from there. cant say i have a niche, but drums arent as important to me as general bass, subbass in particular, this is why i love donwtempo music.

tbh, in the past few months i havnt been listening to as much music as id have liked to because of an escalating fatigue issue im still trying to make sense of. hopefully ill get back in the game when i sort things out. lots and lots of good stuff coming out all the time 

See I was a black metal elitist too but never really got into industrial. It was just not my thing at the time. I progressed into more melodic power metal, then a good chunk of prog metal (Primus, and Dream Theater for example) and a lot of stoner metal and post-metal. All of which I loved the bass guitar, drums, and general aggression, so I guess that's where I got myself into the aggressive dubstep and eventually neuro funk lol.

Dec 16, 2012 at 4:38 PM Post #3,918 of 6,987
Always been more a fan of the deep techy dubstep myself. All about the sub bass

Likewise with DnB, though don't mind the heavier stuff
But this has been my fav mix & style of DnB lately:
https://soundcloud.com/out-of-mind-berlin/upzet-live-gretchen-03-2012

^ Played this mix so many times, its a great headphone tester :)

Big fan of DJ Marky too

Dec 16, 2012 at 9:52 PM Post #3,920 of 6,987
Burial is guuuuuud stuff.

Stan SB's release sorta leaked and I'm happy to say it's excellent, this dubstep tune surprised me:

Also, Joe Ford's City 17/Behemoth is excellent:

Pleasantly surprised by new Document 1:

Dec 16, 2012 at 11:34 PM Post #3,921 of 6,987
It showed me as the first viewer on at least two of those videos ...guess YouTube needs to work on its stats. :p

Quote:

I dunno, this year for dnb has been off the hook. I've been really digging all the neuro funk that's been coming out this year. I can't seem to get into these slower genres. The drums just don't excite me like dnb. Even drumstep is meh for me when it comes to drums. Also not a fan of the 'brostep' electroish type synths in drumstep and dnb, too screechy for me I guess.   
That all stems back to how I used to be a pretty big metalhead. Drums are an important part of the music for me. Dubstep is fun when it gets that metal groove going. The metal attitude of Excision and Datsik is what got me into EDM in the first place. but since then I guess my tastes have developed and become more specific and I think I've found my niche in neuro funk.

You and I seem to share a lot of the same interest tho interesting we differ on metal.  I couldn't get into Death or Black Metal at all.  My limit is Industrial ...and by Industrial I really mean Strapping Young Lad as I haven't explored Metal enough to know what else is in Industrial.  Much harder than that and I just call it scream metal as I can't tell what they're saying nor care.

Do agree with ya though 100% on DnB.  Great year for DnB!  Usually I have a limit on DnB and Dub (mostly on Dub) but I love how they are smoothing it out and making it flow with the song better.  The transitions are getting to be really smooth now and don't seem forced.

I'm not too good for any EDM sub-genre as there is always something that I like.  I thought I was going to stay on Prog but I'm going back to DnB as I am loving the DnB and Dub they are coming out with lately.  They are using it to complement an already smooth beat which is what I always like and really wanted to see (or is that... hear) more of. 

Quote:

Nice!  If I was a DJ I would mix that in a club.

For some reason all weekend long I really been digging on mellow DnB.   This is the kind of stuff you would expect to hear in a Lounge scene or a Swank Bar.

Rameses B - Drift Away ft. Veela [VIDEO]

Submatik - Tempted ft. Charli Brix (Unsigned)

Dec 16, 2012 at 11:34 PM Post #3,922 of 6,987
Quote:

A lot less agressive than their stuff I've listened to before. Sort of reminds of Dubba Jonny's newest EP, which I loved.

The growl at 1:56 gets me every time, it is just so "alien" I guess xD! If anyone has a better term for that let me know but I love it.

Dec 17, 2012 at 3:29 AM Post #3,924 of 6,987
This is the best one I've heard since Monolake - Ghosts:

Connect.Ohm - 9980

Dec 17, 2012 at 5:47 AM Post #3,925 of 6,987
I missed the Fritz Kalkbrenner last Album ... I really en joy what these guy produces :

Dec 17, 2012 at 9:07 AM Post #3,926 of 6,987
My afternoon Purchase :

biggrin.gif

Dec 17, 2012 at 9:56 AM Post #3,927 of 6,987
Quote:
This is the best one I've heard since Monolake - Ghosts:

Connect.Ohm - 9980

I strongly agree with you. Ultimae just cannot disappoint you, and this album is not exception. One of my favorites - so gentle, so fresh and so easygoing... I think my favorite track is 9980incomparable! Just blast the sound up - and you disappeared in the flow of sonic... 
tongue.gif

Dec 17, 2012 at 10:21 AM Post #3,928 of 6,987
Quote:
Just saying, but it's been available for download for a couple of days :) http://www.hyperdub.net/releases/view/207/HDB069

well im sure gald i found out eventually =]

Quote:

For some reason all weekend long I really been digging on mellow DnB.   This is the kind of stuff you would expect to hear in a Lounge scene or a Swank Bar.

Rameses B - Drift Away ft. Veela [VIDEO]

Submatik - Tempted ft. Charli Brix (Unsigned)

its called liquid dnb, and its one of my favorite kinds =]

Quote:
A lot less agressive than their stuff I've listened to before. Sort of reminds of Dubba Jonny's newest EP, which I loved.

The growl at 1:56 gets me every time, it is just so "alien" I guess xD! If anyone has a better term for that let me know but I love it.

i was actually really disappointed with theyr latest ep. "njaebit" was incredible imho, and "no stopping" was just a brostepy insult to its predecessor. i really like dubba jonny, but "no stopping" just didnt cut it for me...

Quote:
What an amazing thread.  Combined with MOG, this will keep my ears busy for a long time. 

welcome =]

Quote:
My afternoon Purchase :

biggrin.gif

its an amazing ep! if anyone wants to hear it before getting it, heres a link:

and heres a new maduk tune which i thought was rather decent:

edit: one more thing, new mistabishi is out "skum"

Dec 17, 2012 at 11:49 AM Post #3,929 of 6,987
GUYS! WOAH!

For you neurofunk lovers. It's apprently so new and unheard of that it's not even on YouTube yet. It was first in my newest tracks on Beatport today

http://www.beatport.com/release/sabretooth/1014999

Users who are viewing this thread

Back