Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.)
Dec 16, 2012 at 8:16 AM Post #3,901 of 6,987
been away for a couple of days. its good to be back
Quote:

Ah, Zed's Dead. What a success story these guys are. I remember these seeing these guys playing to a room of 12 people not even 3 years ago at 751 in Toronto, and now they sell out massive headlining shows across the UK and America. 

In Toronto, between Zeds Dead and The Killabits, they started Bassmentality Wedmesdays at Wrongbar in Toronto. Huge dubstep headliners coming every Wednesday. Back when they first got Wrongbar, it was ALWAYS Zeds Dead and The Killabits playing every night, and with their productions and international recognition, Zed's Dead started playing elsewhere. Now, Zeds Dead sell out Kool Huas, one of the bigger concert venues in Toronto, and The Killabits still run Bassmentality, and still sell it out when they play, but somehow Zed's Dead got huge. I'm happy for them. Never met them myself, but Biz and Sam of The Killabits are some pretty cool people. 

Well that's enough history lesson for now. Anyone from Toronto in here? I promote for Electronic Nation, Destiny, Embrace, Soul In Motion, Sonorous, On Point, and a few other smaller companies.

Anyways. Audio is a bodmon

EDIT:
Also, this. S.P.Y dropped this at WEMF, I recorded it, uploaded it to YouTube, REALLY **** quality sound, and been pining over what all the tracks are. I now know them all, but this track in specific is really sick, and I asked S.P.Y what they were but he only told me Infiltrate... 

Anyways, I just bought this one last night, and listening to it REALLY LOUD. <33333

zeds dead are one of my favorite groups, theyr also one of the few i want to see live and havnt yet. they never seem to tour outside the us... im so jealous

Quote:

Cool song, sounds like S.P.Y. as well.

Good ambient-esque song here, huge sub-bass lines midway through:

its all about the sub-bass for me. really liked that one, thanks

Quote:
An instant classic if you ask me.

agreed

Quote:

In love with this song at the moment...

Also Just bought Instrumental Core's Album, Really enjoying this stuff lately!

allways good to see b-complex fans, there arent as many as ther should be

Quote:
Welcome

I've noticed you're in many of the same threads as I. 

Anyways.... MORE DRAM AND BAES

https://soundcloud.com/distillerrecords/she-dont-dance-rido-rmx-v3

No youtube link. I just bought this one. Pretty huge if I do say so. 

"fridge magnets" lol. brilliant name. never heard of them but i love that track, guess i should get acquainted.

i love liquicity, they always find a nice mellow track to sooth the transition between morning sleepiness and being fully awake. music to listen to with the morning coffee and cigarette

Dec 16, 2012 at 11:11 AM Post #3,903 of 6,987
"Choice" by E-Spectro was the subject of Nueva Digital's annual remix competition this year. This remix by Richie River wasn't one of the winners, but it's definitely my favorite of the ones the label decided to release.

In other news, I did a bit of shopping on Beatport today. Here's a pic of what I bought in case that is of interest to someone.

Dec 16, 2012 at 11:15 AM Post #3,904 of 6,987
[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9EM8T5K6d8&sns=em[/VIDEO]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9EM8T5K6d8&sns=em

Can't remember id this was posted but xKore blowing it up again. Fantastic remix great video.

[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBwdpzIBBaw&sns=em[/VIDEO]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBwdpzIBBaw&sns=em

The House breaks threw me for a huge loop. Best Goulding remix I've heard in a long time. Xilent does it again.

Edit: ******* auto correct

Dec 16, 2012 at 11:27 AM Post #3,905 of 6,987
That Xilent remix was very good, more like his old style (something Seven Lions has caught on to). 

DnB has been amazing this year, and I know it's going to be fantastic next year, from talks to a friend who is working with Lifted 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Dec 16, 2012 at 12:16 PM Post #3,906 of 6,987
I hear Spor's releasing an LP on Lifted next year. I'm hopeful he returns to the dirty aggressive neurofunk rather than that liquid Spor tune he released not long ago

Dec 16, 2012 at 1:48 PM Post #3,908 of 6,987
Dec 16, 2012 at 2:00 PM Post #3,909 of 6,987
Quote:
been away for a couple of days. its good to be back

zeds dead are one of my favorite groups, theyr also one of the few i want to see live and havnt yet. they never seem to tour outside the us... im so jealous

"fridge magnets" lol. brilliant name. never heard of them but i love that track, guess i should get acquainted.

Zed's Dead is actually really good live. I'm not big into dubstep lately, but they play a set of their own style. They started out as hip hop producers and then crossed over into dubstep, and they just over all have a unique quality to them, and especially in their live sets. They've toured Europe (or just UK, can't remember) last year. They do tour outside of NA. 

That She Don't Dance track is actually a Rido remix. It's the only dnb track on the EP, other than that it's the original house mix, and two other house remixes.

Dec 16, 2012 at 2:06 PM Post #3,910 of 6,987
Quote:

Zed's Dead is actually really good live. I'm not big into dubstep lately, but they play a set of their own style. They started out as hip hop producers and then crossed over into dubstep, and they just over all have a unique quality to them, and especially in their live sets. They've toured Europe (or just UK, can't remember) last year. They do tour outside of NA. 

That She Don't Dance track is actually a Rido remix. It's the only dnb track on the EP, other than that it's the original house mix, and two other house remixes.

last year? well nevermind... i saw most of the guys i wanted to at global gathering (electronical music festival in the uk), but i really want to see zeds dead at some point. like you say, they have style, an aggressive style which should be good for a live show i think. MT eden is another group id like to see one day, but i probably wont get to see anyone perform for the next couple of years so there isnt much point fantasizing...

not that big on house actually... tried for a while back but then got caught up in alot of downtempo stuff. ill still give them a try later on, and that track was cool - so thanks =]

Dec 16, 2012 at 2:10 PM Post #3,911 of 6,987
I feel ya on house, not my cup of tea. I'm in to drum and bass almost exclusively, deep dungeon dubstep sometimes, but not really 'party' music for me. I actually randomly found that track out of the whole EP and grabbed just the one track. It's pretty dope haha

Dec 16, 2012 at 2:20 PM Post #3,912 of 6,987
Quote:

odd... it doesnt want to quote you...

anyway, i know the term "deep dubstep", we even discussed it in this thread a while back. but what do you mean when you say "deep dungeon dubstep"? im curios.

dubstep has a bad rap really... but theres alot of good in it. i think i even read some other thread where you were writing about it and if i remember correctly - we have a similar opinion on the issue. nothing wrong with party music though. its not all i listen to but i do like it sometimes. it all depends on the mood or the purpose of the evening, and whether im alone or have company.

i was really into dnb a year ago but i kinda went off it. i still listen to black sun empire and high contrast - but not much else. however, the new ukf drum and bass 2012 is out, those are usually good fun. i only gave it a casual listen, havnt really given it enough time yet, but it strikes me as a fun collection so far.

Dec 16, 2012 at 2:33 PM Post #3,914 of 6,987
Quote:
Quote:

odd... it doesnt want to quote you...

anyway, i know the term "deep dubstep", we even discussed it in this thread a while back. but what do you mean when you say "deep dungeon dubstep"? im curios.

dubstep has a bad rap really... but theres alot of good in it. i think i even read some other thread where you were writing about it and if i remember correctly - we have a similar opinion on the issue. nothing wrong with party music though. its not all i listen to but i do like it sometimes. it all depends on the mood or the purpose of the evening, and whether im alone or have company.

i was really into dnb a year ago but i kinda went off it. i still listen to black sun empire and high contrast - but not much else. however, the new ukf drum and bass 2012 is out, those are usually good fun. i only gave it a casual listen, havnt really given it enough time yet, but it strikes me as a fun collection so far.

I guess dungeon dubstep is more of a local term. It refers to the likes of J:Kenzo, Icicle, Youngsta, Truth, Distance, DJ Madd etc etc. I guess the imagery of a dungeon comes to mind when listening to that kind of dubstep, ya know?

I dunno, this year for dnb has been off the hook. I've been really digging all the neuro funk that's been coming out this year. I can't seem to get into these slower genres. The drums just don't excite me like dnb. Even drumstep is meh for me when it comes to drums. Also not a fan of the 'brostep' electroish type synths in drumstep and dnb, too screechy for me I guess. 

That all stems back to how I used to be a pretty big metalhead. Drums are an important part of the music for me. Dubstep is fun when it gets that metal groove going. The metal attitude of Excision and Datsik is what got me into EDM in the first place. but since then I guess my tastes have developed and become more specific and I think I've found my niche in neuro funk.

Dec 16, 2012 at 3:37 PM Post #3,915 of 6,987
Quote:
Tomorrow. New Burial, and it's out tomorrow.... I think I might need a sedative.
Preview it here - http://www.juno.co.uk/products/one-two/476634-01/

WHAT!?!? now i need to be sedated too! i had no idea this was on its way! best news iv heard since i heard about the new TRUTH!

Quote:

I guess dungeon dubstep is more of a local term. It refers to the likes of J:Kenzo, Icicle, Youngsta, Truth, Distance, DJ Madd etc etc. I guess the imagery of a dungeon comes to mind when listening to that kind of dubstep, ya know?

I dunno, this year for dnb has been off the hook. I've been really digging all the neuro funk that's been coming out this year. I can't seem to get into these slower genres. The drums just don't excite me like dnb. Even drumstep is meh for me when it comes to drums. Also not a fan of the 'brostep' electroish type synths in drumstep and dnb, too screechy for me I guess. 

That all stems back to how I used to be a pretty big metalhead. Drums are an important part of the music for me. Dubstep is fun when it gets that metal groove going. The metal attitude of Excision and Datsik is what got me into EDM in the first place. but since then I guess my tastes have developed and become more specific and I think I've found my niche in neuro funk.

lol, so when you say deep dungeon you basically mean deep? dont know most of those guys, ill give them a try later on.

to be honest i prefer "regular" and "liquid" dnb than neurofunk... im not saying iv stopped listening to dnb entirely, i just dont listen to it very much... not as often as i do other genres.

i was a metalhead once too. i made the (surprisingly common) transition from black metal to industrial and carried on from there. cant say i have a niche, but drums arent as important to me as general bass, subbass in particular, this is why i love donwtempo music.

tbh, in the past few months i havnt been listening to as much music as id have liked to because of an escalating fatigue issue im still trying to make sense of. hopefully ill get back in the game when i sort things out. lots and lots of good stuff coming out all the time 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back