Electric Shaver
Jan 8, 2004 at 8:01 PM Post #16 of 75
thanks Lou for the info....wow sounds amazing to have side burn/mustache trimmers on these things...

I use an Extreme 3....i've always wondered if using 3 blades actually makes a difference. I've never used a 2 blade razor, but when i use my extreme 3 it seems as if i never have the razor in contact with my skin at the right angle for the 3 blades to be effective. Most of the time its just 2 of the 3 blades working...

makes me question that new 4 blade razor out...
confused.gif

Jan 8, 2004 at 8:19 PM Post #17 of 75
jlo mein
HI: I was using the triple blade one also but one day I asked myself why am I going though all this to shave and why do I need such a close shave? Then it hit me like a bolt of lighting. Get a Electric Shaver. LOL.

Jan 8, 2004 at 8:19 PM Post #18 of 75
One thing I've noticed on the newer rechargable shavers is that they cannot be used plugged into the mains if the battery is completely depleted. This is terrible. If the battery runs down in the middle of a shave, I cannot simply plug it into a wall outlet and continue, like I did on my older models. I have a small, AA-battery powered Sanyo that I use as a backup. What a pain.

Jan 8, 2004 at 8:24 PM Post #19 of 75
jpelg
HI: With my Shaver a 6 minute charge gives a 3 minute shave. And 3 minutes is more time than it takes fore my to shave with the Electric. Also an 1 hour charge gives 45 minutes to shave.

Jan 8, 2004 at 8:40 PM Post #20 of 75
Quote:

Originally posted by Ari

dryshaving.Image1.166.144.true.jpg

I tell you this story to tell that Braun's evolution is amazing.

The new one, the Syncro System Smart Logic model 7680 is a tremendous shaving machine. It is far more efficient than the other models I mentioned and it has a cleaning/charging station which really does the job. You should try it !!

[/URL]

I had used the Norelco's for decades, so I bought a Braun like the one above and tried it for a few months. The razor seemed to pull at my whiskers instead of cutting them. It was actually painful to shave. I didn't realize just how bad it was until I got my new Norelco. Now it's either a blade (if I have the time) or the Norelco. I'll never buy another Braun razor.

eek.gif

Jan 8, 2004 at 9:01 PM Post #21 of 75
RickG
RICK I see that pipe in that guys mouth. Sorry to get of topic but I just bought 2 large and 1 small full calabash pipes. Fantastic cool and dry smoke. Only problem with them is that I cant shave with them. I added that to get back on topic. LOL.

Jan 8, 2004 at 9:12 PM Post #23 of 75
I have had my shaver for over 10 years now and it was passed down from my dad after he had it for 15+ years. Its a Philips and it costed him a fortune when he bought it. I am still surprise that it has lasted this many years and still kicking even though it doesn't give the most perfect shave like most new ones advertise these days.
Question is, should i go buy a new one?
confused.gif
I dont' have to shave that often (usually every other day sometimes everyday if i feel like it). I know the blades must be dull by now after 25 years in service but it still works. But is it really worth spending $200.00 for a new one or should I get a sub $100.00? I think its kind of crazy to spend that much money on a shaver but if it can out last my current one I am all for it.
tongue.gif

Jan 8, 2004 at 9:20 PM Post #24 of 75
Pepsione1
HI: Those blades have to be ah dull to say the very least also its old technology. The NORELCO QUADRA 7 # 7845xl at wal-mart cost 85.00 plus tax. It is the newest shaver in their line up and very new technology.

Jan 9, 2004 at 1:37 AM Post #26 of 75
Quote:

Originally posted by LTUCCI1924
Pepsione1
HI: Those blades have to be ah dull to say the very least also its old technology. The NORELCO QUADRA 7 # 7845xl at wal-mart cost 85.00 plus tax. It is the newest shaver in their line up and very new technology.

I found one on ebay for $49.95, new and sealed in box. Is it good for close shaving because I don't have much facial hair but I like cutting it often.

Jan 9, 2004 at 2:32 AM Post #27 of 75
Pepsione1
HI: That is a great price. Half of what I payed. I get a close shave with the Electric shaver and after a shower a even closer shave but I don't think it is as close as with a blade but I really don't need that close of a shave anymore. The pros with the Electric shaver are very easy shave and very convenient and also much more comfortable shave. Plus it is at least twice as fast or better to shave. Hey ma-by I should be a Electric shaver sales man. LOL.

Jan 9, 2004 at 2:37 AM Post #28 of 75
Just curious what are the benefits of shaving after a shower?

i've only been shaving for 2 years haha...dont reallly have a great deal of facial hair (crazy sideburns though
biggrin.gif
)....i usually shave at night dry with shaving gel, then at least i can get the manly stubbly look the next day.
cool.gif

Jan 9, 2004 at 2:56 AM Post #29 of 75
jlo mein
The benefits of shaving after a shower are I think. That the hot water on your face and then the soap or body wash on the face makes the bead or stubbles a lot softer and also makes the face softer and opens up the face pours. I also have just shaved with out a shower and still get a good shave but the shower seems to make the shave a lot more comfortable. There are lots of times that I just go in and shave just because it is just a new experience and so easy with out any preparations. Shaving has never been this much fun fore me. LOL

Jan 9, 2004 at 3:52 AM Post #30 of 75
I've got a Sharper Image electric razor for trimming the ol' beard, but I don't like it very much--it doesn't get a really clean line or shave off the little whiskers well.

What is good for electric beard trimming?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back