Electric Shaver
Jan 7, 2004 at 8:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 75

LTUCCI1924

Headphoneus Supremus
HI: I have been shaving very close like a MARINE with a safety razer fore many years and just am tired of the rituals that I go though. Yesterday I bought a NORELCO QUADRA 7 Electric Razer and boy what a pleasure it to save now. I need nothing but the QUADRA and get a close fast shave with no hassles and it only takes a few minutes to do the job. I should have done this years ago.

Jan 7, 2004 at 8:53 PM Post #2 of 75
Quote:

Originally posted by LTUCCI1924
HI: I have been shaving very close like a MARINE with a safety razer fore many years and just am tired of the rituals that I go though. Yesterday I bought a NORELCO QUADRA 7 Electric Razer and boy what a pleasure it to save now. I need nothing but the QUADRA and get a close fast shave with no hassles and it only takes a few minutes to do the job. I should have done this years ago.

Electric razors are great if you don't grow much facial hair, or it grows slowly..

Otherwise, the thing doesn't cut... it pulls.

Jan 7, 2004 at 9:04 PM Post #3 of 75
vwap
HI: How are you? I think you are thinking about the old technology. The new improver and Vasily Superior Elect cordless Razer is a marvel to behold. I remember years what you said was the case but to my great surprise the new but expensive Electric cordless razer's are in a new ball game. Also the QUADRA 7 sounds like a whisper. You can hardly tell its running.
biggrin.gif

Jan 7, 2004 at 11:24 PM Post #4 of 75
I use a Remington I got as a gift from my father about a year ago. It's not one of the fancy three-blade ones, but it does alright and I love the time it saves me.

Jan 7, 2004 at 11:59 PM Post #7 of 75
MD1032
HI: Sorry but I don't recall that post. I voted when I just read it. LOL.

RickG
HI: How are you? The one you received is a better model than mine LOL. I never realized how great these new shavers are and now shave every day. All it takes is a few minutes. Also at my age I no longer feel the need fore that MARINE corps very close shave. I remember a few girlfriends saying that my beard hurts so I would save real close and cut myself. LOL. Now no more girls thank GOD and my dog don't seem to care at all about it.

Jan 8, 2004 at 12:05 AM Post #8 of 75
Quote:

Originally posted by LTUCCI1924
LOL. Now no more girls thank GOD and my dog don't seem to care at all about it.

ROTFLMAO, Lou. My dog was my only concern after being married 3 1/2 times! What do girls know?

biggrin.gif

Jan 8, 2004 at 1:30 AM Post #10 of 75
Braun is way overrated. Always has been, and still is.

Remington is decent. Better nowadays, than in the past.

Norelco Rotary is the best. I use it daily, and often in conjunction with hot-shower blade shave afterward, when I want to get really close.

Jan 8, 2004 at 9:10 AM Post #12 of 75
still using my ol manual razor haha....

can you cut yourself with an electric razor?

And is it possible to shape sideburns well with electrics, or do u need manual ones for that? dont want my super chops left all mangled and unstraight.
biggrin.gif

Jan 8, 2004 at 11:09 AM Post #13 of 75
Hey LTUCCI1924 !! Long time no see you !!

I have used Braun for about 6 years.

The first:batteries died
shavinggrooming.ModelComparison.0006.modelPic.gif

The second: Still as backup
shavinggrooming.ModelComparison.0004.modelPic.gif

The third: Still using
dryshaving.Image1.166.144.true.jpg

I tell you this story to tell that Braun's evolution is amazing.

The new one, the Syncro System Smart Logic model 7680 is a tremendous shaving machine. It is far more efficient than the other models I mentioned and it has a cleaning/charging station which really does the job. You should try it !!

Best New Year for everybody!!

Ari

Here is the link

Jan 8, 2004 at 1:16 PM Post #14 of 75
Ari
HI: How are you? Yeh I saw that Braun on TV. LOL When I was at wal-mart I also saw it I think it was over 100.00 116.00 or something. I went with NORELO QUADRA 7 BECAUSE IT HAS A nice rinse under the facet feature. Plus it only cost 90.00.

jlo mein
HI: I don't think you can cut your self with the new Electric Razer's. Most have a thing on the back of it that pops up to trim side burns or mustache or hair. A clipper if you will. I mean shaving has taken on a hole new dimension fore me with the new Electric shaver. And boy are they or at least my shaver very very quit. Like a whisper.

Jan 8, 2004 at 1:26 PM Post #15 of 75
Been using a Norelco for the past 5-6 years or so...the internal battery's starting to lose it's charge. Haven't changed its blades either in all this time and it still cuts fine, and I shave every single morning.

I must say though, for a close shave, manual razors are still the way to go. I keep a Mach3 Turbo around for when I have the time to do a close shave in the shower.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back