Electric Shaver
Oct 2, 2004 at 10:21 PM Post #61 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by 19lexicon78
Lou??

differences are: shaving heads, personal comfort control, and accu; up to 100 hours.. and perhaps the shaving-system is different.

I wasn't asking about the system you are using (the Spectra 8894 or whatever the numbres are) but between Lou's new shaver (ending in 45) and mine (ending in 25).

Sorry for the confusion.

Oct 2, 2004 at 11:03 PM Post #63 of 75
oneeyedhobbit
HI: The 7825 just has a few lest features than the top of the line 8894 XL. All spectra shavers starting with the lowest 8825 all shave the same but as you go up in numbers (models) the features get better. I use my 8894 every day with no lotion and get a very good shave. Not as good as a razer but good enough . Plus no cuts and way faster shave 3 min. is my time . 100 hour charge+ digital read out even when to clean the shaver. I would not go back to the razer but I am 62 years old and don't need that close shave I use to do for the girls. LOL

Oct 2, 2004 at 11:04 PM Post #64 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by LTUCCI1924
oneeyedhobbit
HI: The 7825 just has a few lest features than the top of the line 8894 XL. All spectra shavers starting with the lowest 8825 all shave the same but as you go up in numbers (models) the features get better. I use my 8894 every day with no lotion and get a very good shave. Not as good as a razer but good enough . Plus no cuts and way faster shave 3 min. is my time . 100 hour charge. I would not go back to the razer but I am 62 years old and don't need that close shave I use to do for the girls. LOL

N/m then, I t hought you had the 7845.

Oct 2, 2004 at 11:25 PM Post #65 of 75
oneeyedhobbit
Oh isn't the 78-- a quantum if so there is a big difference between the quantum and the spectra shavers. I think the only one to buy is one of the spectra models. Any one of them shaves way better than the lower 78--.

Oct 3, 2004 at 12:46 AM Post #66 of 75
I have very sparse hair that grows really really fast.

Razors really irritate my face, and it takes too long.

Braun electric razors are the only ones I've used that didn't just yank my hairs out.

My old Braun is crapping out on me, so it's time for me to buy a new one.

-Ed

Oct 3, 2004 at 2:31 AM Post #67 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ari
Hey LTUCCI1924 !! Long time no see you !!

I have used Braun for about 6 years.

The first:batteries died
shavinggrooming.ModelComparison.0006.modelPic.gif

The second: Still as backup
shavinggrooming.ModelComparison.0004.modelPic.gif

The third: Still using
dryshaving.Image1.166.144.true.jpg

I tell you this story to tell that Braun's evolution is amazing.

The new one, the Syncro System Smart Logic model 7680 is a tremendous shaving machine. It is far more efficient than the other models I mentioned and it has a cleaning/charging station which really does the job. You should try it !!

Best New Year for everybody!!

Ari

Here is the link

I would confirm and second this recommendation of the Braun 7680. I have also used Braun Electric Shavers for years, and I have never been disappointed. I believe that they have just released a model newer than the 7680.

Oct 3, 2004 at 3:23 AM Post #68 of 75
I'm going to go against the grain here, I have the Braun 7680 and hate it, it shaves like crap. I have thick, coarse facial hair and it just doesn't give me a close shave at all, in fact I've never found an electric that comes remotely close to a blade shave.

This is, of course, my opinion, your mileage may vary.

Oct 3, 2004 at 3:36 AM Post #69 of 75
i uaed to have a braun and it went kaput on me. i bought a cheapo electric remington dual foil in a drugstore and it's going strong after 6 years still - and a great shave, plus a beard trimmer that works great on getting rid of thsoe sideburns.

Oct 3, 2004 at 5:07 AM Post #70 of 75
My cheapie Norelco electric's blades seem to have gotten noticably duller. It has been yanking out hairs more often lately and I do keep it pretty clean. The thing simply doesn't shave close enough and leaves too much hair and causes a lot of irritation when I have to go over the same spot again, which I always do have to do and it sometimes leaves small, shallow nicks. Not to mention the ingrown hairs it's caused on my neck.

A few days ago I bought a Mach 3 Power and some Edge gel and although I have to get my face used to it again, it is much less irritating so far than the Norelco. Once I get regular Mach 3 cartridges to put on it I'm sure the cuts and nicks will go down, the cartridges it comes with are similar to the Mach 3 Turbo which for me left more nicks but didn't cut as close as the regular Mach 3. The vibrating feature on it does seem to help a little, most areas I only have to go over once which is nice since my skin gets irritated pretty easily when I do that. I have very fast growing facial hair and I think I'm going to have to stick with blades since I need to cut as close as possible so I don't look like I need to shave right after I shave.

Oct 3, 2004 at 8:03 AM Post #71 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ari
The second: Still as backup
shavinggrooming.ModelComparison.0004.modelPic.gif

The third: Still using
dryshaving.Image1.166.144.true.jpg

Heheh, my current Braun is the same as your Second. The batteries are dying, so I am looking into getting the latest and greatest Braun.

-Ed

Oct 3, 2004 at 6:39 PM Post #72 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by LTUCCI1924
oneeyedhobbit
Oh isn't the 78-- a quantum if so there is a big difference between the quantum and the spectra shavers. I think the only one to buy is one of the spectra models. Any one of them shaves way better than the lower 78--.

Hey Lou,

Yes the 78 series are Quadra shavers. However, I still love mine--and, I've actually read on several electric shaver enthusiast sights that the Quardra outperforms the Spectra shavers in terms of closeness of shave (though not in terms of neat gadgetry
smily_headphones1.gif
).

Oct 3, 2004 at 7:45 PM Post #73 of 75
oneeyedhobbit
http://jimelliott.suddenlaunch2.com/ not on this shaver site. I have owned both and fine the spectra way closer shave and way better comfort. But if you like what you have great" Enjoy it. I think the electric shavers are a great thing to shave with.
biggrin.gif

Oct 4, 2004 at 9:14 PM Post #74 of 75
I just got the Braun 8595, which is the second version of the Braun Synchro series. They're calling it the Activator System now because of the irregularly shaped foil. This thing is pretty good, and the self-cleaning is extraordinary. I typically will shave for the entire week and then do an intensive cleaning once a week. And it leaves the interior of the razor SPOTLESS. NO hair stubble, skin or anything. Plus it leaves the razor and foil smelling lemony fresh. No more of that oily skin smell, unless if I'm the only one that gets that. Plus my brother uses my shaver as well, so that's 14 shaves a week, and then a cleaning/charging cycle.

Note that it does say in the instructional leaflets that it will take a little bit for your skin to get used to the shaver, especially if this is your first Braun. So for all of those who tried it and didn't like it, you're supposed to use the shaver for 2-3 weeks before making any determinations as to cutting power. I would say though, that coming from a Remington shaver, I find this to be a lot easier to maintain (self cleaning baby!) and that little LED display is very nice too. Tells you how many shaves you've gone through, total shaving time, how many minutes are left on the charge, testing status, etc... Great buy from Costco! It did cost about 150 or 160, but then again my brother gave it to me as a birthday present, so...

Oct 4, 2004 at 11:57 PM Post #75 of 75
Have had an ordinary Norelco for some time (all slots, no holes) but has gotten dull as of late. Got a Braun 8585 Activator 3 weeks ago. So far I can say that the better known problem of the Brauns not being able to cut under the chin hair is true, even with improved foil of the Activator that was suppose to help that. Especially for people like me that have more loose skin under the chin and relatively coarse hair (though not dense at all being Asian). The ordinary Norelco was faster and cut closer. It takes me about double the time to shave with the Braun, where I have to make quite a few more passes but relatively it is maybe only a few minutes longer. The thing I do not like about the Norelcos is how much skin irritation and the feeling that I had lots of little cuts that hurt which really bothered me and why I switched. The Braun, after getting use to it, shaves pretty comfortably and since it is self cleaning it is much easier to maintain. Really thinking about getting another Norelco like a Coolskin or maybe a Spectra and hoping that it doesn’t grind my face like it use to do. Wish I could tell, but looks like only experimenting will make sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back