EHHA Rev A - Interest Thread
Oct 4, 2010 at 2:14 PM Post #707 of 1,752
hmm OK, sounds like I dont have to rush out and grab boards, i've over committed with headamp/preamp projects I have on my plate from over at the other DIY forum with the time I have available to me, a pair of DCB1 salas blue versoin buffers, a balanced Dispre II V4 JFET and a DIY X'd ciclotron DAO follower, so will see how things progress, does sound like it has been another success though, congrats.

as you can see pretty sandy builds, tubes still luring me, but will have to wait till after an unexpectedly soonish house move.

Oct 4, 2010 at 7:22 PM Post #708 of 1,752

Gents, there seems to be interest for both boards and kits. I have been talking with Jeff at Glass Jar. I would not be able to offer kits, but Jeff can do that if there is enough interest.

It would also be a bit easier for me, now that the beta builds appear to be successful, to transfer supplying the boards/kits to Jeff. As you all know, Jeff has been handling all of my diy type amps for several years.

If anyone has objection to this step please PM me or email at alex@cavalliaudio.com. And don't hesitate either because I want to know what you think.

Works for me as long as Jeff continues to offer board-only options.

Oct 4, 2010 at 8:29 PM Post #709 of 1,752
Yes, this would be the plan. The real issue, I think, would be the interest in kits. Boards are easy, but kits are harder because they involve holding much more inventory. So, without speaking for Jeff, there would have to be enough interest in kits or forseeable interest in kits.

Oct 4, 2010 at 9:08 PM Post #710 of 1,752
I would buy a kit if I went threw with this.

Oct 4, 2010 at 9:38 PM Post #711 of 1,752

Quote:
Yes, this would be the plan. The real issue, I think, would be the interest in kits. Boards are easy, but kits are harder because they involve holding much more inventory. So, without speaking for Jeff, there would have to be enough interest in kits or forseeable interest in kits.

the fact that the expense of a o22 (insert other favorite regulated PS) has been dispensed with with the inclusion of an "on-board" PS, i think kits would be popular.

Oct 4, 2010 at 10:06 PM Post #713 of 1,752

Quote:
I'm definitely in for a kit. Agree that having an included PSU is a plus and the chassis would be much smaller and easier to deal with.

great (and poor) minds think alike.

Oct 5, 2010 at 4:33 AM Post #714 of 1,752
I'd also be interested in a kit but not right now - I already built the exstata this year and my jisbos based preamp,
so my funds for DIY-Audio are a little low
triportsad.gif

Oct 5, 2010 at 9:41 AM Post #719 of 1,752
I bet that's the way Jeff would do this, think that's what he did w/all 3 differing kits I've ordered from him (sent parts/cost spreadsheet for edit/review).
Alex - you can add me as one that would someday buy a kit for this project.  Getting back to building soon but have to build out the 3 or 4 projects I've parts for first.
Quote:
would love semi-kits, I remember in the past Jeff had a bom like order form which allowed patrons to choose various components along with the board.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back