Effect Audio cables thread
Mar 14, 2024 at 6:58 AM Post #7,846 of 7,915
@EffectAudio
I have a problem with an Ares S 8W cable, basically the internal pin of the right side ConX has recessed a little inside the connector (cable side), sometimes not allowing a connection with the 2 pin ConX. Is there a possibility for me to be able to intervene and push that small internal pin out a little to the level of the left one? How can I dismantle the connector to be able to proceed with the operation without causing damage? I wouldn't want to have to send the cable back for such a small problem. Thank you.

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2024 at 2:16 PM Post #7,847 of 7,915
@EffectAudio
I have a problem with an Ares S 8W cable, basically the internal pin of the right side ConX has recessed a little inside the connector (cable side), sometimes not allowing a connection with the 2 pin ConX. Is there a possibility for me to be able to intervene and push that small internal pin out a little to the level of the left one? How can I dismantle the connector to be able to proceed with the operation without causing damage? I wouldn't want to have to send the cable back for such a small problem. Thank you.

Hi @Polky74,

I spoke with our repair team about this.

This will be quite hard for you to fix on your own and we strongly recommend you send it back.

We apologize for the issue and any inconvenience caused.

Thanks for reaching out!

Mar 15, 2024 at 2:26 PM Post #7,848 of 7,915
Hi @Polky74,

I spoke with our repair team about this.

This will be quite hard for you to fix on your own and we strongly recommend you send it back.

We apologize for the issue and any inconvenience caused.

Thanks for reaching out!
So I'll have to pay for shipping and customs... which I wanted to avoid, thanks anyway.

Mar 15, 2024 at 2:33 PM Post #7,849 of 7,915
So I'll have to pay for shipping and customs... which I wanted to avoid, thanks anyway.

Ok, understand. Happy to help!

Mar 15, 2024 at 6:32 PM Post #7,850 of 7,915
Ares S.jpg

This is the problem and I have to return it because sometimes it makes contact and sometimes not, always on the side where the pin is inserted. Honestly it also seems strange to me that such a small pin is not adequately fixed to the connector so much so that it can slide backwards, I hope it is a defect of the specific cable because if they were all like that it would be a problem given that I have six Signature series cables (two of each type) and in any case I will try not to replace ConX with other cables anymore... I wouldn't want to risk having to make further shipments to China at my own risk and expense.

Mar 15, 2024 at 7:08 PM Post #7,851 of 7,915
This is the problem, and I have to return it because sometimes it makes contact and sometimes not, always on the side where the pin is inserted. Honestly, it also seems strange to me that such a small pin is not adequately fixed to the connector, so much so that it can slide backward. I hope it is a defect of the specific cable because if they were all like that, it would be a problem given that I have six Signature series cables (two of each type). In any case, I will try not to replace ConX with other cables anymore. I wouldn't want to risk having to make further shipments to China at my own risk and expense.

Yes, the ConX implementation on EA cables is terrible. I have five EA cables, and this is a problem on three of them.

Ares S.jpg

This is the problem and I have to return it because sometimes it makes contact and sometimes not, always on the side where the pin is inserted. Honestly it also seems strange to me that such a small pin is not adequately fixed to the connector so much so that it can slide backwards, I hope it is a defect of the specific cable because if they were all like that it would be a problem given that I have six Signature series cables (two of each type) and in any case I will try not to replace ConX with other cables anymore... I wouldn't want to risk having to make further shipments to China at my own risk and expense.
Yes, the ConX implementation on EA cables is terrible. I have 4 EA cables, and this is a problem on 3 of them.

Mar 15, 2024 at 7:46 PM Post #7,852 of 7,915
If this is the case it means that mine is not an isolated case. Strange though that no one reported it. It would have been better to make a normal cable or at most rely on simple converters that may be less beautiful but more practical and safe. So it's better to avoid changing connectors often because if what happened to me happens, there are serious problems. If I had known, I probably wouldn't have even bought them.

Mar 19, 2024 at 5:38 PM Post #7,853 of 7,915
Yes, the ConX implementation on EA cables is terrible. I have 4 EA cables, and this is a problem on 3 of them.
If this is the case it means that mine is not an isolated case. Strange though that no one reported it. It would have been better to make a normal cable or at most rely on simple converters that may be less beautiful but more practical and safe. So it's better to avoid changing connectors often because if what happened to me happens, there are serious problems. If I had known, I probably wouldn't have even bought them.

Thanks for feedback guys, if there's anything more we can do directly don't hesitate to reach out.

Mar 19, 2024 at 5:40 PM Post #7,854 of 7,915
We are pleased to be running a US / EU tour featuring the Cleo II Octa and Fusion 1 for April / May.

Please sign up here by listing the IEMs you'd like to try them with if you are interested.

Mar 19, 2024 at 5:51 PM Post #7,855 of 7,915
Thanks for feedback guys, if there's anything more we can do directly don't hesitate to reach out.
I would like to send the Ares S 8W back to have it repaired as it is still under warranty, but Hifigo claims that Effect Audio will have to handle the return process. Who can I ask for information? I tried to send an email directly to Effect Audio but in the response there are no indications on how to send the cable back to you. How do we proceed? Thank you.

Mar 19, 2024 at 5:53 PM Post #7,856 of 7,915
I would like to send the Ares S 8W back to have it repaired as it is still under warranty, but Hifigo claims that Effect Audio will have to handle the return process. Who can I ask for information? I tried to send an email directly to Effect Audio but in the response there are no indications on how to send the cable back to you. How do we proceed? Thank you.

I'll follow up with the team to check in where this is at :)

Mar 19, 2024 at 6:02 PM Post #7,857 of 7,915
Mar 21, 2024 at 5:39 AM Post #7,859 of 7,915
你好 ,
你觉得rn6、Fusion1和Cleo II哪个更适合
Cleo II OCTA 更适合,它将拓宽声场并增强高音响应

Effect Audio Stay updated on Effect Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/effectaudiosg/ https://twitter.com/EffectAudio https://www.instagram.com/effectaudio/ http://www.effectaudio.com/ https://wa.me/message/A64BKXQECHD4E1 info@effectaudio.com
Mar 24, 2024 at 8:09 AM Post #7,860 of 7,915
Interesting, as I was in the same situation with my Fusion 1 lately bought via hifi-go too. In my case hifi-go offered me to send the cable back to their warehouse so that they would proceed it to EA.
I then also contacted EA and after some chatting finally sent it directly to their customer care address given on their hp
https://www.effectaudio.com/
The cable has been delivered meanwhile. Now waiting for the result of their inspection and the return....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back