Effect Audio cables thread
Apr 16, 2024 at 5:50 AM Post #7,891 of 7,912
Hello All,

Long shot question........ Does anyone here has a JH Layla?

I'm looking for an upgrade cable for my babies and would like recommendations. I'm thinking of Chiron 8W just from my memory of it and the materials structure.

Apr 16, 2024 at 6:05 AM Post #7,892 of 7,912
Long shot question........ Does anyone here has a JH Layla?

I do.

I'm looking for an upgrade cable for my babies and would like recommendations. I'm thinking of Chiron 8W just from my memory of it and the materials structure.

That could be a good upgrade that tightens up the bass and sharpens detail. I have the Chiron, but only ConX connectors. Has EA already confirmed that they can do the JH 7-pin connectors for you?

Apr 16, 2024 at 7:11 AM Post #7,893 of 7,912
I do.

That could be a good upgrade that tightens up the bass and sharpens detail. I have the Chiron, but only ConX connectors. Has EA already confirmed that they can do the JH 7-pin connectors for you?
nice one Warren. Rare finding around here.

So I have been feeding this idea for couple years and Layla is (maybe) the piece of gear I will never sell. (I have a Custom Silver Matrix special edition)

I tried the Beat Audio Prima Dona MkII from a friend the other day and it improved the comfort and sound significantly. I thought the stock cable was ok until I heard this.

So... checking here as I like EA sound signature and see if any would fit well with the Layla's sound. Chiron first and Cleo second to come to mind.

PS.: Upon special order 7Pin can be build.

Apr 16, 2024 at 8:32 AM Post #7,894 of 7,912
nice one Warren. Rare finding around here.

So I have been feeding this idea for couple years and Layla is (maybe) the piece of gear I will never sell. (I have a Custom Silver Matrix special edition)

Haha, it used to be so common, as a lot of people got them back in the day. These days, I think only those of us with customs still have them in rotation. Mine are the Presidential (Mother of Pearl w/Zebrawood).

I tried the Beat Audio Prima Dona MkII from a friend the other day and it improved the comfort and sound significantly. I thought the stock cable was ok until I heard this.

So... checking here as I like EA sound signature and see if any would fit well with the Layla's sound. Chiron first and Cleo second to come to mind.

PS.: Upon special order 7Pin can be build.

I think Chiron would definitely be optimal over Cleo, as I can imagine it improving things without adding harshness. Actually, I have an idea, brb.

Apr 16, 2024 at 8:36 AM Post #7,895 of 7,912
Apr 16, 2024 at 8:55 AM Post #7,896 of 7,912
Okay, so it turns out that these things exist: https://www.amazon.com/JH-Earphone-Adaptor-Connected-Transparent/dp/B09NNCXH1M. Not ideal, but that might be a reasonable way test any changes?
Mine is the 7 Pin one. PM if you ever hear about an adapter for it, I can't find one. would be good to at least try the cable before committing with the termination. :frowning2:

The best and most reliable connector of all...but also the most underrated. (for a reason...too big on the IEM side)

Apr 16, 2024 at 9:01 AM Post #7,897 of 7,912
Hmm, I wonder if EA would be willing to bespoke you 2-pin to 7-pin pigtail adapters? :thinking:

Apr 16, 2024 at 9:16 PM Post #7,899 of 7,912
May have to try them out for my JH Lola's

I just picked up a pair lol (couldn't resist). :smile: If you wanna hold off, I'll let you know whether it's functional/durable or just crap lol.

That said, my main concern at this point is what happens when I no longer have a way to attenuate the bass. I always tended to be on the lighter end of the spectrum, staying at 10a or below on the inline pots, depending on the genre.

Apr 17, 2024 at 12:46 AM Post #7,900 of 7,912
Is there a way to get Eros S laying flatter and reduce the cable memory a bit? Love the cable, but Cadmus 8W lays considerably flatter and straighter, Cadmus 4W even more so.

I'm wondering if putting it under the heat gun for a second to straighten it out would help, but not really familiar with the material.

Apr 19, 2024 at 12:59 AM Post #7,901 of 7,912
I don't know that I'd be brave enough to try that. :smile: But if you do, let us know how it went?

Apr 21, 2024 at 9:01 PM Post #7,902 of 7,912
I just picked up a pair lol (couldn't resist). :smile: If you wanna hold off, I'll let you know whether it's functional/durable or just crap lol.

That said, my main concern at this point is what happens when I no longer have a way to attenuate the bass. I always tended to be on the lighter end of the spectrum, staying at 10a or below on the inline pots, depending on the genre.
Thanks! I do like have the bass attenuator as well, but I'm more around 2 or 3pm on it.

Apr 22, 2024 at 7:08 AM Post #7,903 of 7,912
Is there a way to get Eros S laying flatter and reduce the cable memory a bit? Love the cable, but Cadmus 8W lays considerably flatter and straighter, Cadmus 4W even more so.

I'm wondering if putting it under the heat gun for a second to straighten it out would help, but not really familiar with the material.

Just hang it with a “heavy” IEM attached when not in use, it will help. That have been working for me with any cable. :)

Apr 24, 2024 at 2:09 AM Post #7,905 of 7,912
Agreed. Whether in standard or 1st Anniversary form, the Eros S is a fantastic first step into EA's line-up. I know a lot of people choose to go with the Ares S first, especially when they have little to no experience with EA's offerings. But in this case, I feel like that's doing one's self a disservice, since the Eros S is so much better, and not extravagantly more in price.
Imo, Eros S is the best price to ratio Effect Audio cable, in all their line up.

Terrific product, all criteria.

The only cable I haven't auditioned yet is their Centurion... Which is a cost no object product.

So ... 😎😁😉

Users who are viewing this thread

Back