Jan 15, 2024 at 7:20 PM Post #7,711 of 7,919
Pre-ordered C24 and C24-C incoming 🥳

Screenshot_2024-01-15_at_2.26.26_PM.png

Jan 15, 2024 at 8:39 PM Post #7,712 of 7,919
Jan 15, 2024 at 9:06 PM Post #7,713 of 7,919
Jan 15, 2024 at 10:32 PM Post #7,714 of 7,919
DSC01527.JPG

Code24 & 24c

So it's my turn at the not so mysterious prototypes that are the Code24 and 24c.

Unfortunately I do not have the code23 cable on hand to compare these to but I can already tell these are a progression of the Code series. Code24 is still a bit chonky but not exactly at the chonkiness of the Code23 cable. Ergonomics wise both these are a marked improvement from the thick boy that was the CODE23.

I am somewhat the opposite of folks wanting thin, light, easy to use cables. I don't mind me some substance when it comes to cables simply because I know it is the chunky cable that brings the best as far as sound enhancing goes. But at the same time we can’t be having cables that are standing on their own as the CODE23 did. And this was probably the biggest complaint when it came to the Code23 aesthetics. As I understand it, it's the Code24c that is supposed to be a Code23 light but much more ergonomic/flexible. I can vouch for the better thinner wires on the Code24c. Which makes a difference.
Don't know if the Code24 simply has silver plating on the same material over the Code24c but I can understand the sonic enhancements from silver plating on the cores. This is my take on them.

First I will start off with Code24. Marketing material says it's a super Cadmus. I can understand that. It definitely is more of a balanced and technical type emphasizing cable. The surprising aspect of this cable is just how much it highlights the treble and detail aspect of your IEMs. Folks that say cables do nothing to shape an IEM sound should try out the Code24. However it is not just about enhancing the trebles it also offsets that treble lift with some added atmosphere for mids and bass with an increase of sound projection for stage and depth. To my ears the Code24 highlights what your IEMs are doing to a better or could be worse degree. I can see a scenario where if you already have an IEM with much trebles, how this cable would not be ideal to enhance what is already borderline for treble emphasis on some IEMs.

On the other token I can see how this cable would be a god send for IEMs with too much rolled off trebles, lacks technicalities or even darker sounding IEMs.

I mentioned adding atmosphere? Let me explain. Connecting the Code24 I immediately get an increase of headstage in all directions this is what I meant by adding atmosphere. Each strand of the UPOCC copper base material seems to be plated in silver. So I did expect an increase of perceivable space/stage and general technicalities for the host IEM Sound. With that added stage I notice thicker note weight for vocals and instruments. I always thought that a great SPC cable is truly the real hybrid type cable meaning it's the best of pure silver and pure copper. In the new CODE24 you're getting the copper fundamentals of what the CODE23 cable does but now more technical due to the silver plating element.

Something to do with the new Trio-flex pure solid core system. Three central stands of the material that seems to give the new CODE24 better flexibility. It's in the name. The new cables both definitely benefit from this new design. I would say the COD24 which is a bit thicker than the CODE24c is still not as pliable but then I can understand the material and the nature of its geometry that does not allow these cables to be too flexible. The CODE23 even more so.

Hence I can see the designers here putting up a challenge to the EA team asking them to somehow make a lighter more pliable Code23. Seems it was the CODE24c which was the end result.

CODE24c limited due to limited availability, 500 pieces worldwide. Just based on memory with my time using the CODE23. Yes I do believe these guys have made something very similar to what the CODE23 does for your IEMS.

CODE24c reminds me a lot of what the CODE23 cable does. If you have never read impressions of the CODE23. It is imo a landmark copper cable. I believe EA has captured the essence of what that cable is all about in the new CODE24c. I can definitely understand the need to get that sound in a more manageable form however and this is exactly what the CODE24c seems to be.

The notion that not all coppers are the same applies to these. It has a lot to do with how the geometry in conjunction with the UPOCC material EA is using. This proprietary pure copper design brings a different level of musicality for your IEMs.

What these cables do is enhance the body to a sound. I remember just how remarkable the CODE23 was in enhancing height, depth adding a bold sound profile to the host IEM to the point where neutral IEMs don't sound much like neutral IEMs. Adding note weight and body to a sound, generally a thicker copper based type of cables can do this but what separates the CODE24c vs your standard copper is that your sound becomes more distinctly dimensional. It's like the sound becomes magnified and your able to decipher the layers to your favorite tracks more easily with this cable. It does more than just adding warmth or bass impact to a sound. It's that dimensional fullness that is unique to these cables that I can’t say others can quite do. Unlike the CODE24 which is plated in silver. These are not. I feel neutral to brighter IEMs will benefit the most using the new CODE24c.
DSC01524.JPG

In the end
Both these cables are a progression of the CODE23 RnD that brought a special type of cable. Both these cables no longer stand on their own like the CODE23. Yet retain most of what that cable does. A brilliant new take on that cable. The new CODE24 is a silver plated version and introduces a more technical enhancing element to the old CODE23 formula. IEMs with ample warmth and or lacks a bit of imaging and detail would benefit the most with this cable. The CODE24C on the other hand is similar to the old CODE23 but now much more flexible and pliable. It has a special ability much like the CODE23 to enhance a sound for a bigger more dimensional dynamic sound. If the goal of the EA team was to get a much more IEM friendly cable.I do believe they have achieved that in the new CODE24c and CODE24 is simply a new cable a silver plated CODE23 DNA which unto itself becomes an entirely new type of cable altogether.

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2024 at 10:46 PM Post #7,715 of 7,919
DSC01527.JPG
Code24 & 24c

So it's my turn at the not so mysterious prototypes that are the Code24 and 24c.

Unfortunately I do not have the code23 cable on hand to compare these to but I can already tell these are a progression of the Code series. Code24 is still a bit chonky but not exactly at the chonkiness of the Code23 cable. Ergonomics wise both these are a marked improvement from the thick boy that was the CODE23.

I am somewhat the opposite of folks wanting thin, light, easy to use cables. I don't mind me some substance when it comes to cables simply because I know it is the chunky cable that brings the best as far as sound enhancing goes. But at the same time we can’t be having cables that are standing on their own as the CODE23 did. And this was probably the biggest complaint when it came to the Code23 aesthetics. As I understand it, it's the Code24c that is supposed to be a Code23 light but much more ergonomic/flexible. I can vouch for the better thinner wires on the Code24c. Which makes a difference.
Don't know if the Code24 simply has silver plating on the same material over the Code24c but I can understand the sonic enhancements from silver plating on the cores. This is my take on them.

First I will start off with Code24. Marketing material says it's a super Cadmus. I can understand that. It definitely is more of a balanced and technical type emphasizing cable. The surprising aspect of this cable is just how much it highlights the treble and detail aspect of your IEMs. Folks that say cables do nothing to shape an IEM sound should try out the Code24. However it is not just about enhancing the trebles it also offsets that treble lift with some added atmosphere for mids and bass with an increase of sound projection for stage and depth. To my ears the Code24 highlights what your IEMs are doing to a better or could be worse degree. I can see a scenario where if you already have an IEM with much trebles, how this cable would not be ideal to enhance what is already borderline for treble emphasis on some IEMs.

On the other token I can see how this cable would be a god send for IEMs with too much rolled off trebles, lacks technicalities or even darker sounding IEMs.

I mentioned adding atmosphere? Let me explain. Connecting the Code24 I immediately get an increase of headstage in all directions this is what I meant by adding atmosphere. Each strand of the UPOCC copper base material seems to be plated in silver. So I did expect an increase of perceivable space/stage and general technicalities for the host IEM Sound. With that added stage I notice thicker note weight for vocals and instruments. I always thought that a great SPC cable is truly the real hybrid type cable meaning it's the best of pure silver and pure copper. In the new CODE24 you're getting the copper fundamentals of what the CODE23 cable does but now more technical due to the silver plating element.

Something to do with the new Trio-flex pure solid core system. Three central stands of the material that seems to give the new CODE24 better flexibility. It's in the name. The new cables both definitely benefit from this new design. I would say the COD24 which is a bit thicker than the CODE24c is still not as pliable but then I can understand the material and the nature of its geometry that does not allow these cables to be too flexible. The CODE23 even more so.

Hence I can see the designers here putting up a challenge to the EA team asking them to somehow make a lighter more pliable Code23. Seems it was the CODE24c which was the end result.

CODE24c limited due to limited availability, 500 pieces worldwide. Just based on memory with my time using the CODE23. Yes I do believe these guys have made something very similar to what the CODE23 does for your IEMS.

CODE24c reminds me a lot of what the CODE23 cable does. If you have never read impressions of the CODE23. It is imo a landmark copper cable. I believe EA has captured the essence of what that cable is all about in the new CODE24c. I can definitely understand the need to get that sound in a more manageable form however and this is exactly what the CODE24c seems to be.

The notion that not all coppers are the same applies to these. It has a lot to do with how the geometry in conjunction with the UPOCC material EA is using. This proprietary pure copper design brings a different level of musicality for your IEMs.

What these cables do is enhance the body to a sound. I remember just how remarkable the CODE23 was in enhancing height, depth adding a bold sound profile to the host IEM to the point where neutral IEMs don't sound much like neutral IEMs. Adding note weight and body to a sound, generally a thicker copper based type of cables can do this but what separates the CODE24c vs your standard copper is that your sound becomes more distinctly dimensional. It's like the sound becomes magnified and your able to decipher the layers to your favorite tracks more easily with this cable. It does more than just adding warmth or bass impact to a sound. It's that dimensional fullness that is unique to these cables that I can’t say others can quite do. Unlike the CODE24 which is plated in silver. These are not. I feel neutral to brighter IEMs will benefit the most using the new CODE24c.
DSC01524.JPG
In the end
Both these cables are a progression of the CODE23 RnD that brought a special type of cable. Both these cables no longer stand on their own like the CODE23. Yet retain most of what that cable does. A brilliant new take on that cable. The new CODE24 is a silver plated version and introduces a more technical enhancing element to the old CODE23 formula. IEMs with ample warmth and or lacks a bit of imaging and detail would benefit the most with this cable. The CODE24C on the other hand is similar to the old CODE23 but now much more flexible and pliable. It has a special ability much like the CODE23 to enhance a sound for a bigger more dimensional dynamic sound. If the goal of the EA team was to get a much more IEM friendly cable.I do believe they have achieved that in the new CODE24c and CODE24 is simply a new cable a silver plated CODE23 DNA which unto itself becomes an entirely new type of cable altogether.

How was the Quattro on the blue code24? Any help with bringing out its midbass?

Jan 15, 2024 at 10:54 PM Post #7,716 of 7,919
Jan 15, 2024 at 11:22 PM Post #7,717 of 7,919
How was the Quattro on the blue code24? Any help with bringing out its midbass?
Both cables do well on the Quattros to bring out the bass end. The difference is that the C24 brings a touch more sparkle to the trebles the 24c sounds a bit more focused for bass and mids due to the treble end being a touch more smoother in presentation vs CODE24. I do like the C24 pairing a bit better as the treble lift emphasis helps balance out the Quattro sound. If your main concern with the quattro is more warmth and bass. I would choose the CODE24c. But if you want a more technical Quattro while still maintaining a punchy dynamic sound quality Code24 is where its at.

Jan 16, 2024 at 7:50 PM Post #7,718 of 7,919
I’ve been listening to Tracy Chapman’s self titled first album today to try out the blue Code 24. I was using the VE Phonix and the SP3000, and the album was ripped from CD into WAV.

I was intrigued to know what an SPC ‘Code’ cable would do and how it would interact with the Phonix. I generally find an SPC quite easy going on the ears. This kind of applies to the Phonix too, so I was interested to hear what the pairing would be like. Listening to Tracy Chapman was a great experience. The music centres around Tracy’s voice, her guitar, and when needed light backing music. This plays well with Code 24 and allows the Phonix to get to work. The quality of the recording definitely helps of course and this album is superb.

The background is dead silent, then you hear the first plucks of the guitar strings as Fast Car begins. Very nice crisp notes and I can imagine Tracy sitting there, a few feet away, with the guitar across her knee. Code 24 seems to want a big stage, but Phonix is more intimate. What I seem to get then is Tracy quite close, but there feels like space to spare. It’s difficult for me to describe but it’s like you know there is more room around that guitar. It’s not just two dimensional sound I’m hearing. Then Tracy starts to sing. Again I’m getting this space around her voice and I’m hearing every intonation in her voice.

The mids here have to be the centrepiece for me. VE do great mids and Code 24 really helps to show them off. There is clarity, detail and separation together with this abundance of air around everything. There is not a lot of bass per se in this album, but there is a lower sound in Tracy’s voice that adds a bit of weight to the disparity of her lyrics. There seems to be a bit of shine in the treble. Not so much in Tracy’s voice, but more in the guitar strings. Overall a very pleasing sound.

Code 23 seemed to portray things bigger and louder with lots of air and space. Code 24 does have some similar traits although not quite to the same extent from what I’ve heard so far. This could be a difference between SPC and copper or the different magic sauce that goes into each cable. As you can see I’m not very technically minded! More listening will be required so that I can discern the difference between 23 and 24.

Anyway, I’m going to go and listen to this album now for the rest of the day on a loop. 😀

IMG_2717.jpeg
Edit to add photo

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2024 at 12:29 AM Post #7,719 of 7,919
I'm writing up my review notes for the CODE 24 / CODE 24C video and it's doing my head in!

I've done all listening tests with the FiR Audio Radon 6 CIEM and I really like both cables, but the CODE 24C is the one I keep coming back to as my favourite, even with the Fusion 1 in the mix. The challenge is that I'm also battling ear fatigue from trying so many cables:
  • FiR Audio Radon 6 stock cable (SPC)
  • Thieaudio Prestige LTD stock cable (some crazy graphene hybrid plated thing)
  • Ares S 8W (pure copper)
  • Eros S 1st Anniversary (8W) (silver/copper hybrid)
  • CODE 24C (pure copper)
  • CODE 24 (SPC)
  • Fusion 1 (silver/copper/gold-plated silver)
I won't give away the whole review here, but the Fusion 1, CODE 24C and CODE 24 are all equally enjoyable for different reasons and depending on the IEMs and source used. With the xDuoo XD-05 Pro running the AK4499EX DAC and OPA1612 op-amps, the CODE 24C is the easiest and most coherent listening experience. The CODE 24 brings out textures and details that are much less evident from the CODE 24C, but it comes at the cost of some fatigue, particularly as I listen longer. Of course, different sources and IEMs will benefit from this clarity - the Radon 6 IEMs don't need it for me. Finally, the Fusion 1 is really interesting. It seems to have the same degree of clarity as the CODE 24, but it's presented a bit differently and is less prone to fatigue for me. Where it gets interesting though is that the image separation is clearly greater with the Fusion 1.

I love the Fusion 1 on the HiFiMan Svanars, but I'm all about the CODE 24C on the Radon 6s.

Jan 17, 2024 at 12:41 AM Post #7,720 of 7,919
I've done all listening tests with the FiR Audio Radon 6 CIEM and I really like both cables, but the CODE 24C is the one I keep coming back to as my favourite, even with the Fusion 1 in the mix. The challenge is that I'm also battling ear fatigue from trying so many cables:
  • FiR Audio Radon 6 stock cable (SPC)
  • Thieaudio Prestige LTD stock cable (some crazy graphene hybrid plated thing)
  • Ares S 8W (pure copper)
  • Eros S 1st Anniversary (8W) (silver/copper hybrid)
  • CODE 24C (pure copper)
  • CODE 24 (SPC)
  • Fusion 1 (silver/copper/gold-plated silver)

Minor correction:

FiR Audio RN6 stock cable is a OCC pure silver with copper shielding, which is also the stock cable (with clear sleeve) for the New Electron 12

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2024 at 7:42 AM Post #7,721 of 7,919

Code24 & 24c

In the end
Headstage : very good find. DSW approved 👍

About iems, a far more correct word than "soundstage". 😉

And thx for the review and impressions 😎

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2024 at 4:05 PM Post #7,722 of 7,919
Minor correction:

FiR Audio RN6 stock cable is a OCC pure silver with copper shielding, which is also the stock cable (with clear sleeve) for the New Electron 12
Thank you. I think I read elsewhere that it was SPC and hadn't checked (or I mis-remembered what I read)

Jan 17, 2024 at 8:03 PM Post #7,723 of 7,919
Jan 18, 2024 at 10:03 PM Post #7,725 of 7,919
FiRRy + EA CODE evening pileup – XE6 + C23, E12 + C24, RN6 + 24C

Both CODE 24 and 24C arrived this evening. The finished cables – hardware, upgraded cable storage case (magnetics for closure), and bonus 24C pin and full ConX set for owners of C23 who pre-order were nice touches.

Initial listen, I can immediately discern differences between both 24s and will spend more time this weekend running both in.

IMG_1062.jpeg
IMG_1063.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back