Effect Audio cables thread
Jan 9, 2024 at 3:52 PM Post #7,696 of 7,950
Pairing with monarch mkII. Narrowed down my selections to:
EA Cleopatra II 8W conx
EA Code 23
EA Code 24
Penon Flow

If anyone is selling theirs, send me info and best price so we don't have to go back and forth with price. I'll pay for shipping. I'll post this classifieds soon too.

Im mostly concerned with code ergonomics. Reading up how bad it is when walking since I'll be using it when walking the doggo.
If you can afford Cleo II 8W, go for it. It is still one of the best price/performance/look cable on the market today. And one of the best cables around.

Talking about Code series. Just a quick sneak peek on what I have here and answering some people (and myself) curiosity. Here is ergonomics and looks alone:

IMG_0381.jpeg

1° - Fusion 1 - it’s the most flexible between the bunch, doesn’t hold form. And feels and look more premium design.
2° - Code 24c - feels almost like Fusion 1, quite flexible, light and doesn’t hold form. I personally loved the purple look and hardware, but it fits more on the code series being more modern and “industrial”.
3° - Code 24 - This bugged my brain, since I came from C23, it’s thick like C23, it’s weights like C23, it’s flexibility is somewhere between C24c and C23. But it does not hold form. That’s a big improvement.
4° - Code 23 - the well know one. For me and for an IEM use, the only problem on this is the holding form, making it hard to use if you’re moving.

If you liked the sound on C23, but the ergonomics were a challenge, I suggest you give the other ones in this format a try. They all improve and tune that in a certain way.

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2024 at 4:38 PM Post #7,697 of 7,950
I'm looking forward to it :) Thanks!

Of course! Will be up a little later this week. Thanks for patience!

Yoooooo finally got my hands on the hype CODE 24 tester set! Immediately plugged 'em onto my IE600s and did a/b test with my LabKable Amethyst. Price point wise, the Amethyst should be about a $100 more for totally Silver internals.

WhatsApp Image 2024-01-09 at 15.00.02.jpeg

Ok let's just say Sennheiser cables are just not the best out there and I have been trying to find the best match with my IE600. And so I got the Amethyst a couple years back to pair.

The IE600 with the CODE 24 is like a match make in heaven man. Swapping from the Amethyst brings a very noticeable thicker sound with low-mid bump. Treble in comparison to the Amethyst sounds more controlled and less harsh. On a more analytical listening, I can understand why effect audio's went with the super tweeter sound concept because you can really hear the improvement on the top end making it brighter and crisp with the IE600 but at the same time not overpowering that you constantly feel an aggressive edge. Amethyst had a lighter sound overall with a sharper, ever so slightly sibilant highs. I think pairing CODE 24 with a more musical sounding IEM would be the best.

One thing that I wanted to test out was the flexibility of the CODE 24 as the 23 was basically a snake lol (but ok it sounds good so yea)
Well I can say effect audio did a really good job this time round, much better usability now. Ergonomics improved like maybe 30%-40% thereabout?

CODE 24 next to my Amethyst.
WhatsApp Image 2024-01-09 at 15.02.59.jpeg

If you can afford Cleo II 8W, go for it. It is still one of the best price/performance/look cable on the market today. And one of the best cables around.

Talking about Code series. Just a quick sneak peek on what I have here and answering some people (and myself) curiosity. Here is ergonomics and looks alone:

IMG_0381.jpeg

1° - Fusion 1 - it’s the most flexible between the bunch, doesn’t hold form. And feels and look more premium design.
2° - Code 24c - feels almost like Fusion 1, quite flexible, light and doesn’t hold form. I personally loved the purple look and hardware, but it fits more on the code series being more modern and “industrial”.
3° - Code 24 - This bugged my brain, since I came from C23, it’s thick like C23, it’s weights like C23, it’s flexibility is somewhere between C24c and C23. But it does not hold form. That’s a big improvement.
4° - Code 23 - the well know one. For me and for an IEM use, the only problem on this is the holding form, making it hard to use if you’re moving.

If you liked the sound on C23, but the ergonomics were a challenge, I suggest you give the other ones in this format a try. They all improve and tune that in a certain way.

Thanks for these awesome comparisons, guys, they are super helpful

Jan 11, 2024 at 12:44 AM Post #7,699 of 7,950
Code 24 and 24c colors are very interesting. Time to start selling custom matching cases for DAPs
That would be maxing out on the swag factor + a blue/purple IEM lol

Jan 11, 2024 at 7:16 AM Post #7,700 of 7,950
I’m a bit late to the party. Unfortunately the courier handling the shipping kept changing the delivery date 🥲 but Code 24 and 24c are now here. I’ve run the blue 24 in for about 35hrs and so I’m about to dive in and have a listen. The purple 24c is now currently enjoying its time with some burn in.

Code 23 is a bit worried about this as he thinks he rules the roost. He’ll find out soon if that’s still the case!

IMG_2709.jpeg

Jan 11, 2024 at 5:20 PM Post #7,701 of 7,950
Fh9 (DSW Tuned) plus Effect Audio Eros S cable = definitely a great (I mean really great) pairing 😎👍

PXL_20240111_222108894~2.jpg

Great textures, density but clarity, agility, rich tones, balance, great dynamics, fast transients, holography, air, extension... It also instills a finesse and a class that until now I was missing a little.

DSW fully approved 😉

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2024 at 11:09 AM Post #7,703 of 7,950
The Oriveti OD200 and Cadmus S 8W is just another level good.
IMG_20240112_160548.jpg

Jan 12, 2024 at 6:31 PM Post #7,704 of 7,950
I'm the lastest to get my hands of the Code 24 and 24C - its been a busy week so I really havent had a chance to do any real critical listening but first impessions are strong. Straight off they are magnificently beautiful and ooze style. Now that shouldn't be the reason to get a cable but when they can enhance the sonic properties of the IEMS and look amazing too, well now you've goat slam dunk. Both cables are significantly more supple that the Code 23 and both sound amazing. I'll come with more detailed notes in the days ahead but for now, I think my UM Indigo has a new partner in the CODE 24 - it seems to have taken everything I love about the Indigo and enhanced it and it looks stunning as well. Here are few pics to whet your apetite.

Attachments

• IMG_20240104_183232.jpg
    IMG_20240104_183232.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20240104_183253.jpg
    IMG_20240104_183253.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20240105_133816.jpg
    IMG_20240105_133816.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 0
Jan 12, 2024 at 6:41 PM Post #7,705 of 7,950
On another note, as I let the 24 and 24C burn in a bit, I decided to try my Cleo II with my Xelentos. The Cleo II is said to be designed for "Multi-brid" IEMs but my goodness, this cable is outstanding with the Single DD Xelento 2 - I love this IEM the soundscape that comes out the diminuitive little shell is astounding - it's intimatate quite intimate and after about a 100 hours or so, it really opens up, but today with the Cleo II can really say that there's more texture mid bass, a wider stage and a little more extention in the upper registers. Cymbals strikes in particular have more sparkle and better nunace in the decay. This cable may have tribrids and quad brids in mind but's it's remarkable with this single DD and gives me everything I'd expect from UP Copper with the all the upper end benefits of the best silver cables. This pairing is a keeper and it's super soft and supple for both wearing and transport.

Attachments

• IMG_20240112_145656.jpg
    IMG_20240112_145656.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 0
Jan 14, 2024 at 1:17 AM Post #7,706 of 7,950
On another note, as I let the 24 and 24C burn in a bit, I decided to try my Cleo II with my Xelentos. The Cleo II is said to be designed for "Multi-brid" IEMs but my goodness, this cable is outstanding with the Single DD Xelento 2 - I love this IEM the soundscape that comes out the diminuitive little shell is astounding - it's intimatate quite intimate and after about a 100 hours or so, it really opens up, but today with the Cleo II can really say that there's more texture mid bass, a wider stage and a little more extention in the upper registers. Cymbals strikes in particular have more sparkle and better nunace in the decay. This cable may have tribrids and quad brids in mind but's it's remarkable with this single DD and gives me everything I'd expect from UP Copper with the all the upper end benefits of the best silver cables. This pairing is a keeper and it's super soft and supple for both wearing and transport.
Cleo II… still the most versatile and best premium cable “one size fits all”. Top 1 rec from me until now. (8W in my case)

Jan 14, 2024 at 11:37 AM Post #7,707 of 7,950
Effect Audio Cable 24 (blue) & 24C (purple).

The blue cable code24 surprised me.

I usually hate silver-plated copper cables because the extra treble tzz they give to things. Almost like a glitch noise overtone added to things?

This blue cable manages to minimize those cons some how.....from sheer girth? (16.5 awg)
Faster feeling bass. And a more open spaced feeling to the playback.

Purple 24c cable is more aligned to what I expect from a copper cable. None of the cons above silver-plated copper cable, with just a good smooth playback overall. Nothing extra.

The cable sheathing material used is good. It is similar to my old MoonAudio Silver Dragon cable, but colored differently and see-through. A premium feeling.

Flexibility is fine for a thick 2-wire cable. No problems there.

20240112_173359.jpg

20240112_102353.jpg

Jan 15, 2024 at 5:03 AM Post #7,708 of 7,950
When your $4k IEM is used for burning in cables. :p

A couple days in… I will leave for a couple more as I noticed C23 changes noticeable after 100h (and work is consuming me)… I will get back with impressions. :p

”out of the box” C24 sounds quite nice with Mentor, got me kicking feet.

BTW Mojo is a great tool for that, with dual outputs.

IMG_0410.jpeg

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2024 at 6:41 PM Post #7,709 of 7,950
Received my 8w Cleo II a few days ago.

Definite improvement over my Monarch MkII stock cables. Slightly improved bass. MkII bass is sufficient but could definitely use a bit more bass to make it more fun.
Better highs. I'm finally getting the proper sharp sound from violin. Detail retrieval and separation improved too. Sounds very clean. I was really enjoying music last night that I fell asleep with a rather large and uncomfortable IEM haha. I'm also very happy with the ergonomics and flexibility of the cables. I don't hear loud sound when the cable is moved or touched, unlike the Erua Tawa.

Still 50/50 whether to keep it mostly due to the price even though I bought it used. It's more expensive than my IEM. I'll listen to it for the next two weeks without switching the cables. Once my brain settles in with this sound I'll try the stock cables again.

IEM CLEO DAP.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2024 at 6:58 PM Post #7,710 of 7,950
Code 24 and 24c colors are very interesting. Time to start selling custom matching cases for DAPs
That would be maxing out on the swag factor + a blue/purple IEM lol

Hey, that's not a bad idea!

Fh9 (DSW Tuned) plus Effect Audio Eros S cable = definitely a great (I mean really great) pairing 😎👍

PXL_20240111_222108894~2.jpg

Great textures, density but clarity, agility, rich tones, balance, great dynamics, fast transients, holography, air, extension... It also instills a finesse and a class that until now I was missing a little.

DSW fully approved 😉

Thanks, @DaveStarWalker! Glad you're enjoying the pairing!

The Oriveti OD200 and Cadmus S 8W is just another level good.IMG_20240112_160548.jpg

Thanks, @PeacockObscura!

I'm the lastest to get my hands of the Code 24 and 24C - its been a busy week so I really havent had a chance to do any real critical listening but first impessions are strong. Straight off they are magnificently beautiful and ooze style. Now that shouldn't be the reason to get a cable but when they can enhance the sonic properties of the IEMS and look amazing too, well now you've goat slam dunk. Both cables are significantly more supple that the Code 23 and both sound amazing. I'll come with more detailed notes in the days ahead but for now, I think my UM Indigo has a new partner in the CODE 24 - it seems to have taken everything I love about the Indigo and enhanced it and it looks stunning as well. Here are few pics to whet your apetite.

Thanks, @holsen! Appreciate the feedback.

Effect Audio Cable 24 (blue) & 24C (purple).

The blue cable code24 surprised me.

I usually hate silver-plated copper cables because the extra treble tzz they give to things. Almost like a glitch noise overtone added to things?

This blue cable manages to minimize those cons some how.....from sheer girth? (16.5 awg)
Faster feeling bass. And a more open spaced feeling to the playback.

Purple 24c cable is more aligned to what I expect from a copper cable. None of the cons above silver-plated copper cable, with just a good smooth playback overall. Nothing extra.

The cable sheathing material used is good. It is similar to my old MoonAudio Silver Dragon cable, but colored differently and see-through. A premium feeling.

Flexibility is fine for a thick 2-wire cable. No problems there.

20240112_173359.jpg
20240112_102353.jpg
When your $4k IEM is used for burning in cables. :p

A couple days in… I will leave for a couple more as I noticed C23 changes noticeable after 100h (and work is consuming me)… I will get back with impressions. :p

”out of the box” C24 sounds quite nice with Mentor, got me kicking feet.

BTW Mojo is a great tool for that, with dual outputs.

IMG_0410.jpeg

Appreciate the C24/C24c thoughts guys!

Spot on with my thoughts so far.

C24 is those who want a bit more kick and pizazz up top, while C24c is for those who want a more relaxed all rounding listening experience.

Received my 8w Cleo II a few days ago.

Definite improvement over my Monarch MkII stock cables. Slightly improved bass. MkII bass is sufficient but could definitely use a bit more bass to make it more fun.
Better highs. I'm finally getting the proper sharp sound from violin. Detail retrieval and separation improved too. Sounds very clean. I was really enjoying music last night that I fell asleep with a rather large and uncomfortable IEM haha. I'm also very happy with the ergonomics and flexibility of the cables. I don't hear loud sound when the cable is moved or touched, unlike the Erua Tawa.

Still 50/50 whether to keep it mostly due to the price even though I bought it used. It's more expensive than my IEM. I'll listen to it for the next two weeks without switching the cables. Once my brain settles in with this sound I'll try the stock cables again.

IEM CLEO DAP.jpg

Thanks, @Noobzilla!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back