Effect Audio cables thread
Jan 4, 2024 at 12:56 AM Post #7,666 of 7,911
Hi Jordan EA
Could you please reply here also so everyone can understand why Effect Audio asks people to break the law and declare the cables they're returning for repair at less than $150.00?

And also the consequences if the cable is lost in the mail or confiscated by customs like the unlucky person I commented on in my last post who did just that and almost lost any chance of compensation. And if not for this community forum he would have.

Almost every IEM and Cable maker will request you declare the value lower to avoid taxes. It's the same deal when they are returned to you. You're more than welcome to declare the "real" value if you want but expect to pay taxes on sending it, as well as taxes again when it's returned to you.

Jan 4, 2024 at 2:02 AM Post #7,667 of 7,911
Recently got my hands on a pair of DIVA for the New Year (second-hand tho, unfortunately). Been thinking of getting a cable to go with it and I have been eyeing the CODE 24C Limited, cause I think the Copper-oriented configuration would be suitable. Has anyone tried this combo here? I wanna reduce the airy feeling slightly as I prefer a warm-ish sound, but at the same time retain that clarity and that awesome mid-range.
photo_2024-01-04 12.20.33.jpeg
(ignore my dirty keyboard plz)

Well, it will certainly look great. I didn't know that the color of the faceplate for Diva existed.

Jan 4, 2024 at 3:38 AM Post #7,668 of 7,911
Hi guys, I have my combined review here ready :sweat_smile: :

The Code 24 and Code 24C Limited were received by me on 27th Dec last year and each of them had about 100 hours of burn-in before I started to write this review. Also, I prefer hearing their changes during the burn-in but they seem to have settled rather quickly actually.

Please allow me to thank @JordonEA and @EffectAudio for this opportunity to participate in reviewing them. :sunglasses:

I find it pretty uneasy to review and compare these cables precisely and generally since they share something in common yet they are still quite different. They are all very refined but in different aspects. So hopefully, with my limited jargon, I am able to deliver my messages to the readers here.

To kick start the actual impression/review of the Code 24 and Code 24C Limited, I would like to state that all the Code 23, Code 24, Code 24C Limited and Fusion 1 are all fairly energetic cables. You can feel there is a constant pumping of energy to power every single note from all of them. Secondly, the most distinctive difference or similarity IMO between these cables is actually the stage, not just the stage size but the placement of the frequencies in the virtual space. The Code 24 in this regard doesn't sound like the Fusion 1, Code 24C Limited, or even the Code 23. It actually resembles the Ares S 8w but the bass and treble cohesion points are both different. And on the other hand Code 24C Limited sounds more like Fusion 1.

Their ergonomics in general

Their thicknesses:

Code 23 - 3.74mm

Fusion 1 - 3.20mm

Code 24 - 3.39mm

Code 24C Limited - 3.09mm

Although these cables aren’t exactly about the ergonomics, the sheathing (skin) has much improved since the Fusion 1 so while not as pliable as other cables with a higher core counts and smaller diameter, I have not experienced any issues with them. Fusion 1 and Code 24C Limited in particular, they just feel more than pliable enough. I have seen the pictures of the prototypes without the 2-pin grip hardware and from my experience the ear hook may not hold its shape easily without that and that’s why the cable may fall off from the ears.

Code 24.JPG
Code 24
Bass
The Code 24 has a lower bass extension but a similar mid-bass resonance as other cables. It is slightly spread-out and is rendered in a fast manner. However even though it is slightly spread-out, it still has a really sharp punch attack thanks to the quantity and speed of the treble so that instruments like kickdrums cut through the mix easily. Pizzicato double bass is greatly benefited from the deep reaching bass with a more even, more stable and powerful rendition. Depending on the type of the bass recorded in the track, for example the playback of EDM type of bass can get really intense since the bass beats also pack a lot of upper frequencies into them. With suitable types of music, it is simply the most punchy cable I have heard. With more analogue types of bass, the bass continues to pack a punch and can be perceived as about as punchy but lesser in presence or volume due to the faster decay as the other cables in the comparison especially the 24C Limited.

Mids
The mids are coherent and very smooth and carry some extra note-weight and it is slightly more forward compared to the treble. It is also quite layered like other frequencies.

Trebles
The treble is bright, layered and full of overtones and it is placed on a more coherent plane closer to other frequencies, which can get a tad bright at times depending on the track. Otherwise it allows instruments like hi-hat and clapping effect to sharply define the beats. Despite being a bit bright, the sound plays nicely with the mids to get a very coherent sound and the sibilance is very well controlled. Moreover, as a SPC cable, the treble has a bell like texture to it.

Resolution, Staging and Imaging
There is plenty of background detail and treble air and the decay is relatively fast. In fact there is plenty of everything which sometimes can feel like night and day during the process of cable rolling from another cable. The stage is very wide and tall but not overly tall due to the placement and speed of the treble. The grand stage allows better separation of the frequencies to be played. Overall, the sound is fast and thickened by the mids and open with less convergence compared to the other cables in this review but there is a great sense of openness blurring the edge of the virtual stage which I really appreciate especially when listening to some live recordings.

VS Fusion 1
The Code 24 doesn't sound like the Fusion 1. The envelope of the rendered sound of the Fusion 1 is more focused and there is less detail around what is being rendered, being quite a lot quieter (darker background), more coloured and textured and less treble airy. In contrast, the Code 24 is open sounding, with very nice background details and air so the stage is perceived as being larger. The stage of the Fusion 1 is just rendered differently, which is still very spacious rather than large which I reviewed here. The treble of the Fusion 1 is slightly faster, much dryer and snappier and brighter but Code 24 has more layers of treble and overtones and so there is a note-weight boost. As the Code 24 being wetter and having more treble layers it is not perceived as sharp as the Fusion 1 even if there is more of it. It has simply more of almost everything except colouration. Code 24 also has a deeper reaching and more impactful bass (which also depends on the type of bass being played) but there is less oomph and better clarity compared to the Fusion 1. Overall, the Code 24 is more straightforward with less colouration, situationally much more punchy, and has wetter and smoother treble and mids. I find the Code 24 to be even better for live recordings than the Fusion 1 and for studio recordings I think they are on par. Code 24 is better at driving the rhythm with the snappy treble while the Fusion 1 is a bit more textured.

Vs Code 23
There are just more treble (and some upper mids) layers and air on the Code 24. Bass is a bit less but the impact is stronger as having that fast treble. And since there is more air, it is more open sounding. Code 24 just seems to carry more information in the mix, being brighter and more resolving which is very welcoming. On the other hand, since Code 23 is not as dense, the 3D imaging is actually better here. So for live recordings or music with more layers, I find them to be just equally good but presented differently. And for studio recordings, again, they actually are just equally good. Code 23 provides a little more breathing room to get a more 3D rendition while Code 24 get sharper impact to highlight the rhythm.

24C.JPG
Code 24C Limited
On the the hand, the Code 24C Limited actually sounds a lot more like the Fusion 1 in terms of the shape of the stage. The presentation leans more towards the main instruments/vocals rather than the grander presentation like the Code 24.

Bass
The bass is more voluminous and fills up the lower end nicely. It has a punchy display but not as impactful as the Code 24 and like other cables it also has a mid-bass focus. Overall since the cable has a relatively fast sound so the bass clarity is enhanced here.

Mids
The mids are slightly forward and placed on about the same plane as other frequencies. They are also more layered and carry some good note-weight. The slight forwardness brings the main tune closer to the ears to grasp the attention for that macro detail focus.

Treble
The treble is equally forward as the mids and a bit elevated. Like the Code 24, it has a similar texture here. It is not as wet as the C24 but still brightly rendered with multiple layers and overtones. Moreover, there is less air and a good note-weight boost due to the layers and the more forward mids. The speed is slightly slower than the C24 so the attack is just ever so slightly not as impactful and not as sharp. However, due to the elevation, there is a better sense of 3D space for the treble. With less air, it may also be perceived as being a bit drier than the Code 24.

Resolution, staging and imaging
As mentioned, the shape of the stage is very much like the Fusion 1. The size is also similar but since the mids of the Code 24C Limited is more forward and carries more note-weight, it can feel a bit smaller. Its focus leans more towards the macro detail rather than the micro detail in the background, which is more effective in bringing out the main tune and rhythm. Imaging is as good as the Fusion 1 but the Fusion 1 is just more sophisticatedly presented of its spacious stage and there is more precise placement of the frequencies. I find the Code 24C Limited to have really good rendition of studio recorded music than live recorded music as a result.

Vs Fusion 1
Despite their similarity in the presentation of the stage shape, the Fusion 1 is a more sophisticated cable with more colouration and texture, more background detail, larger stage, dryer treble and more precise lower treble and also less bass volume. The Code 24C Limited is more about the macro detail with the more forward mids and trebles but the micro detail never feels lacking. It also has a gigantic bass volume with a more in-your-face presentation. Treble and mids are both wetter and more layered with some boost so a bit less sharp but they are less coloured. I actually find the Code 24C Limited to be occasionally better for studio recorded music but otherwise they are equally good just presented differently. For live recorded music, Code 24C Limited is no slouch but Fusion 1 really does it better here to reveal the background detail and render the stage more realistically.

Vs Code 24
As mentioned multiple times they are both very punchy energetic cables. Their bass finds its sweet spot in response to different types of bass playback however. Code 24 is more impactful and has better extensions at both ends and Code 24C Limited has a bigger volume and more bass presence. The texture of the mids and trebles are actually fairly similar, both being layered and filled with overtones but the Code 24 has a lot more treble air and better extension and less forward making the overall sound rather different here. The Code 24C Limited is more elevated and forward treble, which is also dryer due to having less air. The impact has a flatter sound rather than being absolutely sharp like the Code 24. For live recorded music or music with a better sense of space, I find Code 24 to be better here mostly due to it having more air and better stage. For studio music, it's a matter of taste. The Code 24 has an influx of information while the Code 24C Limited is more focused and also a little brighter.

VS Code 23
I find their bass to be quite similar sounding. However, just like the Code 24, the Code 24C Limited has more treble than the Code 23 so there is more bass impact just not as much as the Code 24. Despite having a thunderous bass, I find the Code 23 to be relatively relaxed and organic as it carries less treble and less speed up top. There is also more space to allow the notes to breathe while the Code 24C Limited is denser and more layered. And therefore, in terms of spaciousness and staging, I find the Code 23 to have an edge and slightly more resolving in the background. The Code 24 on the other hand has sharper treble and intensity which really helps in bringing out the texture of instruments in the upper register. So for live recorded music or music with more layers, I find Code 23 to be better here, being more 3D sounding and has better and more precise staging. For studio recorded music, they are fairly similar but the Code 24C Limited is a bit brighter and has more texture up top.

So which do I prefer?
It's a tough choice but I really like the more spacious sound of the Code 24. I have always been a copper enthusiast and the Ares S 8W (and if the Code 23 is a bit more pliable) has a special place in my heart. But now I am not sure, SPC cables are also really good, right?

I am not sure if I should expect further changes in sound on these cables as they seem to have been stabilized but I will updated the review should I hear further changes.

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2024 at 10:46 AM Post #7,669 of 7,911
I received the CODE 24 and 24C a few days back but I've been sick so I just got around to getting some quick photos.

Code 24 looks great and almost looks like it was meant for the MEST MKIII. The Code 24 also seems to be the same thickness as the CODE 23 but I swear it feels a hair less stiff.
DSC09208.jpg
DSC09204.jpg

The Code 24C has a slightly thinner cable which is the thickness I prefer between all of them. I really like the dark purple furniture but I do think it will be a little hard to color match with IEMs but I appreciate a different color in general!

DSC09214.jpgDSC09217.jpg
Definitely the Code 24 looks great with UM Mest MK3, can you comment on how it sounded with it?

Jan 4, 2024 at 11:13 AM Post #7,670 of 7,911
Hi guys, I have my combined review here ready :sweat_smile: :

The Code 24 and Code 24C Limited were received by me on 27th Dec last year and each of them had about 100 hours of burn-in before I started to write this review. Also, I prefer hearing their changes during the burn-in but they seem to have settled rather quickly actually.

Please allow me to thank @JordonEA and @EffectAudio for this opportunity to participate in reviewing them. :sunglasses:

I find it pretty uneasy to review and compare these cables precisely and generally since they share something in common yet they are still quite different. They are all very refined but in different aspects. So hopefully, with my limited jargon, I am able to deliver my messages to the readers here.

To kick start the actual impression/review of the Code 24 and Code 24C Limited, I would like to state that all the Code 23, Code 24, Code 24C Limited and Fusion 1 are all fairly energetic cables. You can feel there is a constant pumping of energy to power every single note from all of them. Secondly, the most distinctive difference or similarity IMO between these cables is actually the stage, not just the stage size but the placement of the frequencies in the virtual space. The Code 24 in this regard doesn't sound like the Fusion 1, Code 24C Limited, or even the Code 23. It actually resembles the Ares S 8w but the bass and treble cohesion points are both different. And on the other hand Code 24C Limited sounds more like Fusion 1.

Their ergonomics in general

Their thicknesses:

Code 23 - 3.74mm

Fusion 1 - 3.20mm

Code 24 - 3.39mm

Code 24C Limited - 3.09mm

Although these cables aren’t exactly about the ergonomics, the sheathing (skin) has much improved since the Fusion 1 so while not as pliable as other cables with a higher core counts and smaller diameter, I have not experienced any issues with them. Fusion 1 and Code 24C Limited in particular, they just feel more than pliable enough. I have seen the pictures of the prototypes without the 2-pin grip hardware and from my experience the ear hook may not hold its shape easily without that and that’s why the cable may fall off from the ears.

Code 24.JPG
Code 24
Bass
The Code 24 has a lower bass extension but a similar mid-bass resonance as other cables. It is slightly spread-out and is rendered in a fast manner. However even though it is slightly spread-out, it still has a really sharp punch attack thanks to the quantity and speed of the treble so that instruments like kickdrums cut through the mix easily. Pizzicato double bass is greatly benefited from the deep reaching bass with a more even, more stable and powerful rendition. Depending on the type of the bass recorded in the track, for example the playback of EDM type of bass can get really intense since the bass beats also pack a lot of upper frequencies into them. With suitable types of music, it is simply the most punchy cable I have heard. With more analogue types of bass, the bass continues to pack a punch and can be perceived as about as punchy but lesser in presence or volume due to the faster decay as the other cables in the comparison especially the 24C Limited.

Mids
The mids are coherent and very smooth and carry some extra note-weight and it is slightly more forward compared to the treble. It is also quite layered like other frequencies.

Trebles
The treble is bright, layered and full of overtones and it is placed on a more coherent plane closer to other frequencies, which can get a tad bright at times depending on the track. Otherwise it allows instruments like hi-hat and clapping effect to sharply define the beats. Despite being a bit bright, the sound plays nicely with the mids to get a very coherent sound.

Resolution, Staging and Imaging
There is plenty of background detail and treble air and the decay is relatively fast. In fact there is plenty of everything which sometimes can feel like night and day during the process of cable rolling from another cable. The stage is very wide and tall but not overly tall due to the placement and speed of the treble. The grand stage allows better separation of the frequencies to be played. Overall, the sound is fast and thickened by the mids and open with less convergence compared to the other cables in this review but there is a great sense of openness blurring the edge of the virtual stage which I really appreciate especially when listening to some live recordings.

VS Fusion 1
The Code 24 doesn't sound like the Fusion 1. The envelope of the rendered sound of the Fusion 1 is more focused and there is less detail around what is being rendered, being quite a lot quieter (darker background), more coloured and textured and less treble airy. In contrast, the Code 24 is open sounding, with very nice background details and air so the stage is perceived as being larger. The stage of the Fusion 1 is just rendered differently, which is still very spacious rather than large which I reviewed here. The treble of the Fusion 1 is slightly faster, much dryer and snappier and brighter but Code 24 has more layers of treble and overtones and so there is a note-weight boost. As the Code 24 being wetter and having more treble layers it is not perceived as sharp as the Fusion 1 even if there is more of it. It has simply more of almost everything except colouration. Code 24 also has a deeper reaching and more impactful bass (which also depends on the type of bass being played) but there is less oomph and better clarity compared to the Fusion 1. Overall, the Code 24 is more straightforward with less colouration, situationally much more punchy, and has wetter and smoother treble and mids. I find the Code 24 to be even better for live recordings than the Fusion 1 and for studio recordings I think they are on par. Code 24 is better at driving the rhythm with the snappy treble while the Fusion 1 is a bit more textured.

Vs Code 23
There are just more treble (and some upper mids) layers and air on the Code 24. Bass is a bit less but the impact is stronger as having that fast treble. And since there is more air, it is more open sounding. Code 24 just seems to carry more information in the mix, being brighter and more resolving which is very welcoming. On the other hand, since Code 23 is not as dense, the 3D imaging is actually better here. So for live recordings or music with more layers, I find them to be just equally good but presented differently. And for studio recordings, again, they actually are just equally good. Code 23 provides a little more breathing room to get a more 3D rendition while Code 24 get sharper impact to highlight the rhythm.

24C.JPG
Code 24C Limited
On the the hand, the Code 24C Limited actually sounds a lot more like the Fusion 1 in terms of the shape of the stage. The presentation leans more towards the main instruments/vocals rather than the grander presentation like the Code 24.

Bass
The bass is more voluminous and fills up the lower end nicely. It has a punchy display but not as impactful as the Code 24 and like other cables it also has a mid-bass focus. Overall since the cable has a relatively fast sound so the bass clarity is enhanced here.

Mids
The mids are slightly forward and placed on about the same plane as other frequencies. They are also more layered and carry some good note-weight. The slight forwardness brings the main tune closer to the ears to grasp the attention for that macro detail focus.

Treble
The treble is equally forward as the mids and a bit elevated. Like the Code 24, it has a similar texture here. It is not as wet as the C24 but still brightly rendered with multiple layers and overtones. Moreover, there is less air and a good note-weight boost due to the layers and the more forward mids. The speed is slightly slower than the C24 so the attack is just ever so slightly not as impactful and not as sharp. However, due to the elevation, there is a better sense of 3D space for the treble. With less air, it may also be perceived as being a bit drier than the Code 24.

Resolution, staging and imaging
As mentioned, the shape of the stage is very much like the Fusion 1. The size is also similar but since the mids of the Code 24C Limited is more forward and carries more note-weight, it can feel a bit smaller. Its focus leans more towards the macro detail rather than the micro detail in the background, which is more effective in bringing out the main tune and rhythm. Imaging is as good as the Fusion 1 but the Fusion 1 is just more sophisticatedly presented of its spacious stage and there is more precise placement of the frequencies. I find the Code 24C Limited to have really good rendition of studio recorded music than live recorded music as a result.

Vs Fusion 1
Despite their similarity in the presentation of the stage shape, the Fusion 1 is a more sophisticated cable with more colouration and texture, more background detail, larger stage, dryer treble and more precise lower treble and also less bass volume. The Code 24C Limited is more about the macro detail with the more forward mids and trebles but the micro detail never feels lacking. It also has a gigantic bass volume with a more in-your-face presentation. Treble and mids are both wetter and more layered with some boost so a bit less sharp but they are less coloured. I actually find the Code 24C Limited to be occasionally better for studio recorded music but otherwise they are equally good just presented differently. For live recorded music, Code 24C Limited is no slouch but Fusion 1 really does it better here to reveal the background detail and render the stage more realistically.

Vs Code 24
As mentioned multiple times they are both very punchy energetic cables. Their bass finds its sweet spot in response to different types of bass playback however. Code 24 is more impactful and has better extensions at both ends and Code 24C Limited has a bigger volume and more bass presence. The texture of the mids and trebles are actually fairly similar, both being layered and filled with overtones but the Code 24 has a lot more treble air and better extension and less forward making the overall sound rather different here. The Code 24C Limited is more elevated and forward treble, which is also dryer due to having less air. The impact has a flatter sound rather than being absolutely sharp like the Code 24. For live recorded music or music with a better sense of space, I find Code 24 to be better here mostly due to it having more air and better stage. For studio music, it's a matter of taste. The Code 24 has an influx of information while the Code 24C Limited is more focused and also a little brighter.

VS Code 23
I find their bass to be quite similar sounding. However, just like the Code 24, the Code 24C Limited has more treble than the Code 23 so there is more bass impact just not as much as the Code 24. Despite having a thunderous bass, I find the Code 23 to be relatively relaxed and organic as it carries less treble and less speed up top. There is also more space to allow the notes to breathe while the Code 24C Limited is denser and more layered. And therefore, in terms of spaciousness and staging, I find the Code 23 to have an edge and slightly more resolving in the background. The Code 24 on the other hand has sharper treble and intensity which really helps in bringing out the texture of instruments in the upper register. So for live recorded music or music with more layers, I find Code 23 to be better here, being more 3D sounding and has better and more precise staging. For studio recorded music, they are fairly similar but the Code 24C Limited is a bit brighter and has more texture up top.

So which do I prefer?
It's a tough choice but I really like the more spacious sound of the Code 24. I have always been a copper enthusiast and the Ares S 8W has a special place in my heart. But now I am not sure, SPC cables are also really good, right?

I am not sure if I should expect further changes in sound on these cables as they seem to have been stabilized but I will updated the review should I hear further changes.
Wow, great review, and very helpful. I love Code 23 and dislike Fusion 1 (too bright, shouty, sibilant, not enough rumble, too much mid-bass emphasis). So, is Code 24 essentially Code 23 with more air and a bigger soundstage?

Jan 4, 2024 at 9:29 PM Post #7,671 of 7,911
Wow, great review, and very helpful. I love Code 23 and dislike Fusion 1 (too bright, shouty, sibilant, not enough rumble, too much mid-bass emphasis). So, is Code 24 essentially Code 23 with more air and a bigger soundstage?
Well, not exactly but probably close enough I guess. Code 24 also has more treble but the edges of the treble is more polished (wetted) by the layered sound compared to Fusion 1 and you will definitely hear the signature silver sound. Also, Code 23 has slightly more width while Code 24 has a bit more height due to the air and the treble. Code 24 is also a bit denser as I mentioned in my post but I forgot to mention that I find both of them to have the transition from the lower end to the extreme top end to be very smooth and natural without any extra colouration.

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2024 at 9:49 PM Post #7,672 of 7,911
Well, not exactly but probably close enough I guess. Code 24 also has more treble but the edges of the treble is more polished (wetted) by the layered sound compared to Fusion 1 and you will definitely hear the signature silver sound. Also, Code 23 has slightly more width while Code 24 has a bit more height due to the air and the treble. Code 24 is also a bit denser as I mentioned in my post but I forgot to mention that I find both of them to have the transition from the lower end to the extreme top end to be very smooth and natural without any extra colouration.
I found that Code 24 also had more deep bass than 23.

Jan 5, 2024 at 5:18 AM Post #7,674 of 7,911
I've just received the CODE 24 & CODE 24C today for review (thank you @JordonEA )

I'm almost always a pure copper guy with the exception being the Fusion 1, but the CODE 24 is really impressing with its ability to bring some extra clarity without getting harsh or fatiguing like most SPC cables get for me. I really appreciated the Ares X Cadmus cable, bit would never personally choose it over other options. The CODE 24 though is a bit different and might even displaced the Fusion 1 for me on the Radon 6... we'll see.

Jan 5, 2024 at 5:24 AM Post #7,675 of 7,911
I really appreciated the Ares X Cadmus cable, bit would never personally choose it over other options.
Interesting,

For what reasons ?* 😉

* I haven't listened to this cable yet.

Jan 5, 2024 at 5:39 AM Post #7,676 of 7,911
Interesting,

For what reasons ?* 😉

* I haven't listened to this cable yet.

It's high on clarity and I personally find that makes cables less enjoyable for longer term listening. To my ears, it makes most IEMs, that aren't a darker initial tuning, too fatiguing. That said, it does work well on something like my old OG Noble Kaiser 10s.

Jan 5, 2024 at 5:44 AM Post #7,677 of 7,911
It's high on clarity and I personally find that makes cables less enjoyable for longer term listening. To my ears, it makes most IEMs, that aren't a darker initial tuning, too fatiguing. That said, it does work well on something like my old OG Noble Kaiser 10s.
Ok thanks,

One of my friends have exactly the same feelings but also the same reserves.

Jan 7, 2024 at 4:59 PM Post #7,679 of 7,911
So, this weekend I finally had some time (also some sort of welcome escape from hectic family life for a few hours) to start up the 'old engine' (LPGT) and give the new CODE 24 & 24C cables a try :)

20240107_153644.jpg

I put the CODE 24 on the EA Axiom and the 24C on the CA Vega (original version), as I had used those 2 IEMs the most over the past few weeks.
Here some short (as it's getting pretty late over here in the meantime) initial impressions...

First of all: I totally love the design and looks of these new cables and their hardware! Just stunning 'eye candy' in real life imho! :heart_eyes:

Besides that, these cables both have noticeable better ergonomics (thinner and more flexible) than the CODE 23 imo. I still had a green prototype of the C23 laying around, which I sometimes used when I listened from my AK ACRO CA1000 (not the most portable dap/amp combination and therefore mainly used with my headphones), while sitting down on the bench. But when I used it with my other daps it always irritated me slightly, as I always noticed that it was there when I moved around the house. With these two new cables I don't have that issue anymore. After some minutes I even forgot that they were there, which should always be the case with a cable imho.

Now then, normally I use the Vega with the (very thin) ALO Pure Silver cable. With the purple CODE 24C I immediately noticed more and deeper (sub)bass and also a warmer and more natural (timbre) soundsignature. Vocals became more intense and soundstage became a bit more intimate (compared to the silver ALO) to my ears. This was a very sweet and addictive combination and I'm sure that it will get much more listening time over the upcoming week.

Over the past months I've used the Axiom with multiple cables. When I put the blue CODE 24 on it, I was immediately struck by the clarity (without sibilance) of the sound. Amazing how detailed the signature had become, vocals also sounded very clear and the soundstage + left/right separation were very impressive. The Axiom is quite a cable sensitive IEM imo. For instance: when I put the Fusion 1 on it, it became some kind of 3D holographic monster (meant in a positive way of course :smile:), which reminded me of the Tralucent 1+2 that I had (and adored) in the past. With the CODE 24 I can see a new 'marriage' coming up on the horizon though :sunrise_over_mountains:

Just like my EE Zeus XR + PWA 1960 and EE Phantom + EA Horus. Sometimes you're totally blown away by synergy (1+1 suddenly becomes 3) and I'm afraid there's no easy way back after hearing such a combination... it's almost like getting lost in some wonderful kind of audio edition of the...

TZ.gif

...which you can't, but (in this specific scenario) also don't want to leave.

Anyway, more to follow in the future... and in the meantime happy listening to all of ya' out there! :)

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2024 at 7:21 PM Post #7,680 of 7,911
Just got my C23 back from retermination.

Definitely a better fit for this great cable!

This is a well regarded cable, that has its ergonomics challenges. After getting my Diana, I decided to test this great cable
on a more suitable setup. And what a nice decision. It definitely feel more
In place being used with a Headphone and on a desk. It does sound nice with Diana. Compared to the Cardas Parsec I have been using, it gives more sub-bass, drop slightly Lower mids, expands the upper end. A bit more dynamics and dynamics, nothing you will care after a couple songs and brain burn in. All with some good texture known from C23.

All in all it is a good addition to my Diana and will stay there for the foreseeable future.

IMG_0390.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back