Effect Audio cables thread
Nov 7, 2023 at 11:06 AM Post #7,501 of 7,985
Getting impatient for my Ares S8W to arrive 😭😍

Nov 7, 2023 at 11:07 AM Post #7,502 of 7,985
Nov 8, 2023 at 4:16 AM Post #7,503 of 7,985
Nov 8, 2023 at 1:05 PM Post #7,504 of 7,985
Good evening guys. Today arrive to me Effect audio Cadmus 8W. I already have ARES 8W and Eros S 1st Anniversary. And i must say, this is my favorite brand from cables manufactured. I like versatility of this cables and i can use it for any IEMs in my collection. Compare how each used material in the cable affect to IEM sound.

I must here thanks Effect audio for support, fast respond and for perfect service. Till now i use HifiGo, but from now directly Effect audio. Thanks. :wink:

In future i will try some top cable from this company. Chiron or Centurion.

Here is package
20231108_171011.jpg

And Cadmus i use mainly with Gaea. One of my best IEM what i have. Cadmus help with detail and high freq, what are very precise but not sharp. Bass are still very deep rumbly. For me this is best combination. Soundstage are not that wide like EE Odin, but for this price its amazing. :wink:
20231108_183848.jpg

Nov 8, 2023 at 2:13 PM Post #7,505 of 7,985
Well... When it comes to cables, I've made up my mind.

Thanks to Effect Audio's conX system, I'm cutting costs and the Ares S Founders Edition will be shared equally between the Ringo's and the Fh9's.

Signature updated. 👍

Switching from 2 pins (Ringo) to mmcx (Fh9) only takes a few seconds. And so as I only have one pair of ears.... 😅😉

I'm not going to look for noon at 2pm (anymore):

1/ The look suits both pairs of headphones.
2/ Ergonomics are impeccable in both cases.
3/ Both pairs of headphones are uber magnified by this cable: timbres, dynamics, definition, resolution, openness... Everything. It's as the electronics and the earphones were completely liberated, yet under control. Until now, I've only had this impression with certain top sedentary systems (included mine, dedicated room).
4/ To date, this is the best portable cable I've owned or tried, at least with these two iems (a few others too, but I can't make as many comparisons) and these daps. Regardless of price, brand or technology (including other top Effect Audio models... Sorry 😅).
5/ To a certain extent, the con-X system and the points listed below "relativize" the price of said cable... 🤣👍

For me, what I hear is perfect, all criteria, both technical and musical wise.

Right now I've got the Fh9 in my ears, with all the cavalry that goes with it, and there's strictly nothing to say about it except: perfect, impeccable, thumbs up, home run, etc. 🥳

So it's settled, we close the "store"... and listen to all the music, no limits, hindrances, nothing.... 🥰😎🤩🤤👌🙏👍

P.s. if you're lucky enough to come across this cable, jump on it.... Or let me know*! 😜

*In my opinion, it magnifies 100% of iems connected with. That's my experience so far ; it's the very first time, though, at least for me and having owned or tried dozens of products. It's up to you.

Last edited:
Nov 10, 2023 at 2:08 AM Post #7,506 of 7,985
Alright… decided to get some dust out my gear as it’s being crazy around here.

Today’s pairing went from Diva + Ares S -> Eros S -> Cadmus S Founder’s Edition -> Fusion.

Long story short. Fusion keeps being an special cable. So much details, spacing between notes and instruments… + bass quality (not much quantity, but that’s a Diva downside). Going through this cable stairs is clear how Fusion is some kinda peak of what you can get for $1k.

IMG_0149.jpeg

Nov 11, 2023 at 7:25 AM Post #7,507 of 7,985
Hello friends! 😃 We just launched our Singles Day Black Friday Cyber Monday sales promotion. If you are sitting on whether to grab an Effect Audio cable, this is the best time to do so 😉

Read up more on the promotion here:
https://www.effectaudio.com/news/blogart40

- Jordon

Effect Audio Stay updated on Effect Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/effectaudiosg/ https://twitter.com/EffectAudio https://www.instagram.com/effectaudio/ http://www.effectaudio.com/ https://wa.me/message/A64BKXQECHD4E1 info@effectaudio.com
Nov 11, 2023 at 8:01 AM Post #7,508 of 7,985
20231111_125744~2.JPG

My set is complete!

Nov 11, 2023 at 7:50 PM Post #7,510 of 7,985
Any recommendation for Vision Ears Phönix? Eros S works great at the moment. I wonder if Cleo II or Fusion 1 would be a significant upgrade....
I have the Phonix and the best pair up I experienced was with Fusion 1. It provided a kind of holographic sound that really showcased what the mids could do on that IEM. There seemed to be a lot of space around instruments and vocals. Other EA cables I tried with the Phonix were, Cadmus 4 wire, 8 wire, Cadmus Founders Edition and Eros S 1st AE.

Nov 12, 2023 at 3:38 AM Post #7,511 of 7,985
Cadmus I tried also, coming out Eros S had the better Bass für me. Eros S1st of course would fit the best aesthetically - ist there a Big Difference to Fusion 1 that justifies the price difference? As a drummer, my focus is on Transients, Punch and Percussion detail/Clarity....

Nov 15, 2023 at 12:09 AM Post #7,513 of 7,985
In future i will try some top cable from this company. Chiron or Centurion.

Both of those are great, but the Centurion especially is just glorious! I had a chance to try some fairly nice cables recently (First Times Shielding, Yatono 8W) and I still prefer the Centurion.

Well... When it comes to cables, I've made up my mind.

Switching from 2 pins (Ringo) to mmcx (Fh9) only takes a few seconds. And so as I only have one pair of ears.... 😅😉

Hmm, if you've already decided to standardize on the Ares S FE, maybe it'd be good to pick up some additional ConX ends? You could leave them on your various IEMs so avoid too many pin/MMCX insertions. All you'd have to do is screw on/off each IEM when you want to use the cable with them.

Does anybody know how long it takes for EA to repair or replace a cable?

lol, it was ridiculously fast in my case, maybe 4-5 days? :smiley:

Also, do you have any suggestions for cables that are similar to Code 23 soundwise but without being as stiff and bulky?

That unfortunately I do not, at least not anywhere near that price point. The Code 23 is singularly special in that regard.

Nov 15, 2023 at 1:38 AM Post #7,514 of 7,985
if you've already decided to standardize on the Ares S FE, maybe it'd be good to pick up some additional ConX ends? You could leave them on your various IEMs so avoid too many pin/MMCX insertions. All you'd have to do is screw on/off each IEM when you want to use the cable with them.
Exactly, you make the point 👍

Very effective and clever : cost (but this not my main point) and sound/musically wise 👌

This cable is really something. Total surprise, at this level. 😎

And this is the very first time I feel and experiment such a real universality with a portable audio cable.

So, it's closed 🔒😉

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2023 at 2:52 AM Post #7,515 of 7,985
Both of those are great, but the Centurion especially is just glorious! I had a chance to try some fairly nice cables recently (First Times Shielding, Yatono 8W) and I still prefer the Centurion.

Hmm, if you've already decided to standardize on the Ares S FE, maybe it'd be good to pick up some additional ConX ends? You could leave them on your various IEMs so avoid too many pin/MMCX insertions. All you'd have to do is screw on/off each IEM when you want to use the cable with them.

lol, it was ridiculously fast in my case, maybe 4-5 days? :smiley:

That unfortunately I do not, at least not anywhere near that price point. The Code 23 is singularly special in that regard.
I wanted to do the same, but I was worried I would apply too much torque to the pins/connectors and would end up damaging the pins and/or ravening the IEMs themselves :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back