Effect Audio cables thread
Jul 28, 2023 at 2:17 AM Post #7,231 of 7,919
Sorry for the sequenced posts, but I think I can now share a couple notes about the new EA release.

The first thing that came to mind when I saw this cable was "Wow...This cable is wonderfull, completely exceeded my expectations.". Then I heard a couple Opeth songs on my LX+SP3K as it was playing at the time and my mind was "intrigued" and it took my attention completely out of all other cables around.

As the other guys have being saying, this cable is bright and warm, but not in a bad way. For example, it didn't blew my ears with Supermoon (known as a bright IEM), also didn't bloated anything with my LX. it's a signature that I am digging a lot, over all other cables I have here. Well, Cleo II octa is still my Queen (maybe, for now).

A bit of resemblance history to follow my thoughts on this cable. It's like a Lighthouse: a tall structure (soundstage), with a strong base (upper bass) and a bright light at the top that is bright or not when needed (clarity and extension). Positioned at a dangerous location or near a port entrance to guide mariners to the best route. Like EA is guiding us to what is becoming their signature.

I personally think this cable will go well with U/V shaped IEMs, but would not cut it out for other signatures as well. Being the intention to bring the best of the signature (e.g LX and other EE's, MSE, GM (guessing based on MSE)) or tune a bit the lower/upper frequencies up/down (e.g Gaea would go well as it would bring forward the "humph" some wants) this cable can be a good investment for someone looking for versatility on this price range.

Can't wait to get this one through other IEMs soon when back in Australia. I will keep sharing here as I go.

As a wonderfull cable it deserves a world wonder relative with shared qualities.

Pharos of Alexandria:

This ancient lighthouse, considered a technical masterpiece that served as the model for all lighthouses that followed, was constructed on Pharos, an island in the harbor of Alexandria in Egypt, known as Kemet by its ancient citizens. It was completed between 285 and 247 B.C.E. (source: National Geographic

(source: Britannica)

Hello history and mythology lovers. :p

Reporting back on Fusion after about 100h+ burn in. Actually a forced burn in, as I didn't have time to enjoy audio lately due to personal commitments, so I left it burning in while I was rushing around.

So… I'm not a really fuzz about burn in, but in this case I can vote for a "must do". The before and after is quite noticeable and well worth the hours invested. Feels like a chained beast wanting to run around and when you release it can run free on the vast open field.

It opened up the soundstage with a better separation and imaging compared to out of the box. Cleaned up the lower end making it more controlled and detailed, not about quantity increase/decrease, but quality. Even the upper end got notes more rounded and extended. Musical. But…don't get too excited, it's still that V shaped signature we've talked before, just more mature.

After this burn in, Fusion 1 settled down on my A12t. This IEM is a well known classic, which many will say it's so well tuned that it's a matter of fine points of improvement needed. Well, I personally got those points with my beloved queen Cleopatra Octa. With Fusion I'm getting similar feeling, but fine tuning to an slight different way. It's slightly shifting the focus from sub bass to upper bass, so improving the punch and "humph" on metal songs. At the same time it is giving a bit more clarity on upper notes of the guitar and details on high hats and cymbals of the drums.

For now A12t companion will be Fusion 1 and the Queen will stay devoted to the Supermoon.

This thing is definitely beautiful, resolves most of the issues people had with Code 23 and stiffness. I have being using it on the go with no problem.

1690524891142.png

Now that the Lore is around…I have another comparison/reference to mention. This time we have:

Temple of Artemis

Artemis, for the Greeks. Daughter of Zeus (lightning god, treble presence) and Leto (a Titan, Earth and Heaven decedents). She is also known by the romans by Diana and other names by other people. She doesn't have a clear origin, but in all cults she is known as the Goddess of the wild and the animals… Nature, like the sound of Fusion which is so natural and organic. Always pictured with a hunter bow, precision… like the higher frequencies on Fusion. Poets also pictured her by the dance and music. Like you get yourself grooving with the music.

Her original statue was made of Gold, ebony, Silver, and black stone. All premium materials, which some are also found on the Fusion in an artful combination. Like the Temple of Artemis was known by the arts that adorned it. You can see this on the Gold pilar shaped hardware.

The Temple of Artemis is known by its grandiosity and details, another reference to Fusion's soundstage.

1690524976075.png

The future: NASA Artemis Missions.

As a modern reference to the mythological Goddess, we have NASA calling the next Moon mission as Artemis, which will land the first woman on the Moon and stablish a long presence there.

1690525012753.png

So we see the reference from our Mythology roots to the explanation of the outer world. But all referring to a woman the central piece as the sound of the Fusion 1 bringing vocals texture and details forward.

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2023 at 9:17 AM Post #7,232 of 7,919
Mystery Cable X

I’m currently listening to this with LX and SP3000. Very clear and detailed. The three main areas seem clearly defined. Highs see clear, crisp and extended, there is a slight brightness to it, but nothing harsh at all. Mids seem warm in themselves, which is a contrast in respect to the highs. Bass is tight and with the LX are hard hitting. Everything works well together though and each area does a good job. It’s very easy to listen to. I still have no idea what this cable is made up of though and what wires are involved.

IMG_2425.jpeg

Jul 28, 2023 at 10:44 AM Post #7,233 of 7,919
Hello everyone!

We will be launching our new headliner series for this year - Fusion Series - on the 10th of August. It was a really exciting and fun project for the team to partake in in the past year. This project has helped us to push our boundaries with regards to ideas and deepen our understanding beyond how the combination of various materials and geometries can sometimes have unexpected effects on sonic performance! Well let's just say we are really proud of the end product 😎

The inspiration for this series are the 7 Ancient Wonders of the World and how miraculous, ancient, architectural structures - showcasing impeccable and advanced knowledge of geometry and engineering - was crafted in a time period where modern architectural and structural knowledge was far from being formulated. This to us was a sheer testament to the power of human will and potential of human ingenuity.

Do keep an eye out on the announcement thread where we will be sharing more about the thematic inspirations and a deeper dive into each factor from now till the launch!

Explore the Ancient World with us 😄
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/effect-audio-introducing-the-ancient-world.969081/

- Jordon

Effect Audio Stay updated on Effect Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/effectaudiosg/ https://twitter.com/EffectAudio https://www.instagram.com/effectaudio/ http://www.effectaudio.com/ https://wa.me/message/A64BKXQECHD4E1 info@effectaudio.com
Jul 28, 2023 at 10:51 AM Post #7,234 of 7,919
I’m going to miss calling the Fusion ‘Mystery Cable X’. 😀

Jul 28, 2023 at 4:03 PM Post #7,235 of 7,919
Fusion 1
DSC01295.JPG

The new Fusion 1 cables are a hodgepodge of materials swirled into something that I bet took a lot of trial and error to achieve but from what I am hearing with the use of these cables is something substantial that I will try to convey to you the IEM aficionado.

Aspects of the cables sound enhancing ability.
DSC01306.JPG

Transparency.
Sound transparency can be described as the clearest, cleanest signal path from your source to your earphones. The Fusion 1 has a supreme transparency but then it takes this aspect one step further. It gives a very solid clean foundation for sound transmission. Which helps you perceive all the little nuance and details of your nicer IEMs. The new Fusion 1 clearly has a foundation based on transparency.
DSC01304.JPG

Holography.
This word is usually related to something akin to the virtual reality holodeck of star trek past. The idea of recreating a live recording for sound that is so real it makes you feel like you’re standing right where the recording happened. Holography for sound is a real aspect that can be achieved with a sound that emanates the layers, the sound stage in all of its axis of sound, its levels of macro and micro definition in space. If your IEMs are well tuned and have this aspect going for it. The Fusion 1s most astounding trait has to do with how it enhances holography of sound. It is not that your other cables somehow neuters this aspect. It's just that the Fusion 1 actually does this aspect better. Its ability to give a cleaner separation of notes from vocals and instruments is stunning. If you're into larger set recordings of any type. When you use your included cables that come with your IEMs and then connect the Fusion1. This is the aspect I feel is the trump card on what the Fusion1 is doing.

Imaging.
This is due to how it cleanly separates the background, a lower noise floor aka black space of what your recording has. Transmitting an accurate clean detailed sound that produces an imaging so vivid that it creates a dimensional space when you listen. Sound separation of the Fusion 1 is immediate and something very substantial for the cables.

Going back to the stock cable pairings on my IEMs. This aspect was very consistent. Imaging and sound separation gets a noticeable uptick. Connected to a higher refined IEM. This aspect of the Fusion 1 makes a good sounding IEM sound even better. If imaging is important to you. The Fusion 1 will enhance the imaging that your IEM portrays.
DSC01292.JPG

Tonality
Warmth & sparkly at the same time?. The Fusion 1 seems to be optimal for hybrid and tribrid type of IEMS due to its ability to bring out the best of the drivers that make up these types of IEMs. The transparent nature of the Fusion 1 brings a vast array of tonal characters and is not set in stone to just one type as some cables do. Warm bass lower mids and male vocals all have their spot light as well as high hat, ride cymbals, strings and chimes and female vocals do for its upper harmonics. The Fusion 1 is a sophisticated cable that brings all the tonal qualities and spotlights them. That means if your favorite tracks have some brightness while also emitting some warmer vocals and bass notes. You get that with the Fusion 1. Its technical enhancing ability is a given but the ability to separate the clear, the sparkles, to the warmth and portray all of it within the same track? Don’t have too many cables that can actually do this.
DSC01297.JPG

Overall
The Fusion 1 has been eye opening to say the least. The magic is within its swirls of materials. What they are made of translates into something that I feel is special for cable land. Fusion is called the Fusion for a reason. Connected to your best IEMs the Fusion cable brings out the best qualities for your IEMs and aspects I consider paramount to a great sound. Its technical enhancing ability, imaging enhancing ability, holography enhancing ability, tonal transparency is what makes the Fusion 1 stand out.

The cables are not officially out yet but this is definitely playing on a higher playing field. I look forward to seeing how well these will be received among our community and yes I will continue to test and burn them in. If you're into your vocals and instrumental music..Be on the look out for the Fusion 1.

Jul 28, 2023 at 4:28 PM Post #7,236 of 7,919
Fusion 1
DSC01295.JPG
The new Fusion 1 cables are a hodgepodge of materials swirled into something that I bet took a lot of trial and error to achieve but from what I am hearing with the use of these cables is something substantial that I will try to convey to you the IEM aficionado.

Aspects of the cables sound enhancing ability.
DSC01306.JPG
Transparency.
Sound transparency can be described as the clearest, cleanest signal path from your source to your earphones. The Fusion 1 has a supreme transparency but then it takes this aspect one step further. It gives a very solid clean foundation for sound transmission. Which helps you perceive all the little nuance and details of your nicer IEMs. The new Fusion 1 clearly has a foundation based on transparency.
DSC01304.JPG
Holography.
This word is usually related to something akin to the virtual reality holodeck of star trek past. The idea of recreating a live recording for sound that is so real it makes you feel like you’re standing right where the recording happened. Holography for sound is a real aspect that can be achieved with a sound that emanates the layers, the sound stage in all of its axis of sound, its levels of macro and micro definition in space. If your IEMs are well tuned and have this aspect going for it. The Fusion 1s most astounding trait has to do with how it enhances holography of sound. It is not that your other cables somehow neuters this aspect. It's just that the Fusion 1 actually does this aspect better. Its ability to give a cleaner separation of notes from vocals and instruments is stunning. If you're into larger set recordings of any type. When you use your included cables that come with your IEMs and then connect the Fusion1. This is the aspect I feel is the trump card on what the Fusion1 is doing.

Imaging.
This is due to how it cleanly separates the background, a lower noise floor aka black space of what your recording has. Transmitting an accurate clean detailed sound that produces an imaging so vivid that it creates a dimensional space when you listen. Sound separation of the Fusion 1 is immediate and something very substantial for the cables.

Going back to the stock cable pairings on my IEMs. This aspect was very consistent. Imaging and sound separation gets a noticeable uptick. Connected to a higher refined IEM. This aspect of the Fusion 1 makes a good sounding IEM sound even better. If imaging is important to you. The Fusion 1 will enhance the imaging that your IEM portrays.
DSC01292.JPG
Tonality
Warmth & sparkly at the same time?. The Fusion 1 seems to be optimal for hybrid and tribrid type of IEMS due to its ability to bring out the best of the drivers that make up these types of IEMs. The transparent nature of the Fusion 1 brings a vast array of tonal characters and is not set in stone to just one type as some cables do. Warm bass lower mids and male vocals all have their spot light as well as high hat, ride cymbals, strings and chimes and female vocals do for its upper harmonics. The Fusion 1 is a sophisticated cable that brings all the tonal qualities and spotlights them. That means if your favorite tracks have some brightness while also emitting some warmer vocals and bass notes. You get that with the Fusion 1. Its technical enhancing ability is a given but the ability to separate the clear, the sparkles, to the warmth and portray all of it within the same track? Don’t have too many cables that can actually do this.
DSC01297.JPG
Overall
The Fusion 1 has been eye opening to say the least. The magic is within its swirls of materials. What they are made of translates into something that I feel is special for cable land. Fusion is called the Fusion for a reason. Connected to your best IEMs the Fusion cable brings out the best qualities for your IEMs and aspects I consider paramount to a great sound. Its technical enhancing ability, imaging enhancing ability, holography enhancing ability, tonal transparency is what makes the Fusion 1 stand out.

The cables are not officially out yet but this is definitely playing on a higher playing field. I look forward to seeing how well these will be received among our community and yes I will continue to test and burn them in. If you're into your vocals and instrumental music..Be on the look out for the Fusion 1.
Great first impressions! I am interested in your impressions with the Impact, and in its comparison with the Code 23 and the Cadmus FE. Not knowing what the cable is going to cost, it's hard, but I was very impressed with code23, and I've hardly heard another IEM for months (Impact+code23) I liked the build quality as well, and EA has won a customer with me. I was very tempted with the Cadmus Foundation Edition, but it was too expensive for me at the time. This cable is very tempting, until knowing the price...

Jul 28, 2023 at 7:50 PM Post #7,237 of 7,919
Great first impressions! I am interested in your impressions with the Impact, and in its comparison with the Code 23 and the Cadmus FE. Not knowing what the cable is going to cost, it's hard, but I was very impressed with code23, and I've hardly heard another IEM for months (Impact+code23) I liked the build quality as well, and EA has won a customer with me. I was very tempted with the Cadmus Foundation Edition, but it was too expensive for me at the time. This cable is very tempting, until knowing the price...
I am in the same position with Impact. Have not heard the Cadmus FE, the Cleo Octa is a very nice cable but not with my budget.
@Dsnuts please share comparison of Impact with Code23 and fusion1.

btw, @JordonEA how many cables will be in the Fusion series and how many available at launch. I just have to find time to visit you guys for a demo.

Jul 28, 2023 at 9:38 PM Post #7,238 of 7,919

I am in the same position with Impact. Have not heard the Cadmus FE, the Cleo Octa is a very nice cable but not with my budget.
@Dsnuts please share comparison of Impact with Code23 and fusion1.

btw, @JordonEA how many cables will be in the Fusion series and how many available at launch. I just have to find time to visit you guys for a demo.

Unfortunately, the code23 preproduction version I had was sent back to EA so I dont have them to compare with the Fusion 1. But let you guys know how it compares to the Stock Obsidian cable.

There is no question the Impacts gets an upgrade when using the Fusion 1. It should be I have a bit of an insight to what these have going for them, their make up and roughly their cost. If I remember correctly when I tried the Code23 on the Impacts I very much enjoyed what it did for the Impacts. It was like a supremely upgraded Obsidian cable.
DSC01305.JPG

Made the Impacts sound even more dimensional, full bass absolutely superb thick rich mids and had just enough trebles to balance out the sound tuning without hampering any of the detail aspects. Code23 was a good match, one of the best copper pairings you can get for the Impacts. I really enjoyed the Code23 on the Tansio RGBs. If I had a set right now that is the IEM I am would pair it with.

From what I know thus far, the Fusion 1 is more than just the geometry and the materials it is using it does what it does due to utilizing both aspects. More will be reveled very soon so be on the lookout for the official launch.

In comparison to the stock Obsidian cable there is no doubt the Fusion1 is a clear upgrade but so is the FE. The Fusion 1 has a bit of what made the Code 23 special in my book but is utilizing even more premium materials for its make up. I posted about how the Fusion 1 enhances holography of an IEM.

I was talking about the Impacts already dimensional character. As you guys know the Impacts already have one of the best mids for IEMs in the industry. The Fusion 1 gives better note separation for its sound presentation with a blacker background. Which enhances its imaging and holography. This aspect alone makes the Fusion1 a great match up on the Impacts. This aspect is done a bit better than the FE even. I can say this is what the Fusion 1 cables specializes in. The FE gives a slightly wider stage vs the others but does not have the scope of the sound separation of the Fusion 1 cables does and I do believe its geometry has a lot to do with what I am hearing just a guess on my part.

FE is more about superb tonal richness with an expansive stage presentation. Its one of those cables you can attach to just about anything and it will consistently perform regardless of what it is attached to. More of a musical enhancing type of cable. The Fusion 1 is also versatile but is even more transparent than the FE. Its ability to separate notes also gives a slightly greater height and depth of sound vs the FE. It's very excellent transparency equates to greater details, note separation and image enhancing abilities, some of the best I have heard from a cable performance and best of all it does not bork a tonal character to be one sided vs the other. Fusion1 not only enhances a natural tonal character, but a true clarity ability also where each nuanced tonal characteristic comes through within the same track. If it's supposed to be bright in a recording it will come out bright/ sparkly. If a vocal performance of that same track has some warmth to its make up. It will come out warm. It is crazy transparent like that. I have heard plenty of tracks I tested that shows this with all the elements above and it makes an IEM sound specular.
DSC01292.JPG

I did my initial impression of the Fusion 1 very early on with the Penon 10th tribrid IEMs. And I gotta tell you guys the 10th with the Fusion 1 is spectacular. Just amazing.

Jul 28, 2023 at 11:01 PM Post #7,239 of 7,919
Unfortunately, the code23 preproduction version I had was sent back to EA so I dont have them to compare with the Fusion 1. But let you guys know how it compares to the Stock Obsidian cable.

There is no question the Impacts gets an upgrade when using the Fusion 1. It should be I have a bit of an insight to what these have going for them, their make up and roughly their cost. If I remember correctly when I tried the Code23 on the Impacts I very much enjoyed what it did for the Impacts. It was like a supremely upgraded Obsidian cable.
DSC01305.JPG
Made the Impacts sound even more dimensional, full bass absolutely superb thick rich mids and had just enough trebles to balance out the sound tuning without hampering any of the detail aspects. Code23 was a good match, one of the best copper pairings you can get for the Impacts. I really enjoyed the Code23 on the Tansio RGBs. If I had a set right now that is the IEM I am would pair it with.

From what I know thus far, the Fusion 1 is more than just the geometry and the materials it is using it does what it does due to utilizing both aspects. More will be reveled very soon so be on the lookout for the official launch.

In comparison to the stock Obsidian cable there is no doubt the Fusion1 is a clear upgrade but so is the FE. The Fusion 1 has a bit of what made the Code 23 special in my book but is utilizing even more premium materials for its make up. I posted about how the Fusion 1 enhances holography of an IEM.

I was talking about the Impacts already dimensional character. As you guys know the Impacts already have one of the best mids for IEMs in the industry. The Fusion 1 gives better note separation for its sound presentation with a blacker background. Which enhances its imaging and holography. This aspect alone makes the Fusion1 a great match up on the Impacts. This aspect is done a bit better than the FE even. I can say this is what the Fusion 1 cables specializes in. The FE gives a slightly wider stage vs the others but does not have the scope of the sound separation of the Fusion 1 cables does and I do believe its geometry has a lot to do with what I am hearing just a guess on my part.

FE is more about superb tonal richness with an expansive stage presentation. Its one of those cables you can attach to just about anything and it will consistently perform regardless of what it is attached to. More of a musical enhancing type of cable. The Fusion 1 is also versatile but is even more transparent than the FE. Its ability to separate notes also gives a slightly greater height and depth of sound vs the FE. It's very excellent transparency equates to greater details, note separation and image enhancing abilities, some of the best I have heard from a cable performance and best of all it does not bork a tonal character to be one sided vs the other. Fusion1 not only enhances a natural tonal character, but a true clarity ability also where each nuanced tonal characteristic comes through within the same track. If it's supposed to be bright in a recording it will come out bright/ sparkly. If a vocal performance of that same track has some warmth to its make up. It will come out warm. It is crazy transparent like that. I have heard plenty of tracks I tested that shows this with all the elements above and it makes an IEM sound specular.
DSC01292.JPG
I did my initial impression of the Fusion 1 very early on with the Penon 10th tribrid IEMs. And I gotta tell you guys the 10th with the Fusion 1 is spectacular. Just amazing.
thanks for the insights. this sounding very tempting and need to demo/buy one. When i got the Impact with stock cable, i was wonder why its named impact until i tried code23.

need to get another for ier-z1r, the stock cable is sticky and Blanche disintegrated. wonder if the Eros anniversary edition is a good match for it.

the wait begins...

Jul 29, 2023 at 4:59 AM Post #7,240 of 7,919

DSC01305.JPG

DSC01292.JPG
Excellent contribution. Thank you so much. I will seriously consider it, short of knowing the price.

Jul 29, 2023 at 8:22 AM Post #7,241 of 7,919
Hey @SQ13 all will be revealed on August 10th 😎 In the meantime, follow our Socials - Facebook and IG!

- Jordon

Effect Audio Stay updated on Effect Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/effectaudiosg/ https://twitter.com/EffectAudio https://www.instagram.com/effectaudio/ http://www.effectaudio.com/ https://wa.me/message/A64BKXQECHD4E1 info@effectaudio.com
Jul 29, 2023 at 12:30 PM Post #7,242 of 7,919
Anybody still using their Lionheart? Mine is in heavy rotation with the Dorado 2020. Sadly the cable has oxidized and turned green but works fine. Do any of these newer cables have some of that Lionheart sound minus turning green?

Jul 29, 2023 at 3:17 PM Post #7,243 of 7,919
Unboxing the Eros S Anniversary Edition

IMG_2432.jpeg
IMG_2428.jpeg
IMG_2429.jpeg
IMG_2431.jpeg
IMG_2430.jpeg
IMG_2433.jpeg

Jul 29, 2023 at 3:31 PM Post #7,244 of 7,919
+
Unboxing the Eros S Anniversary Edition

IMG_2432.jpeg
IMG_2428.jpeg
IMG_2429.jpeg
IMG_2431.jpeg
IMG_2430.jpeg
IMG_2433.jpeg
Matches up good with iem, guess black goes with everything. Had a few days with the new Eros S Anniversary Edition and have to say it's a pleasant surprise. The sound quality has really started to open up and feel it's a real bargain for the price. Once get hundred hours will post some addition thoughts.

Hey @SQ13 all will be revealed on August 10th 😎 In the meantime, follow our Socials - Facebook, and IG!

- Jordon
Wow, do you guys ever rest been bringing out a bunch of excellent cables in the last year. Love the new thicker awg cables I always wondered what's better more cores or heavier gauge wire. Looking forward to August 10th and hearing the reveal.

Jul 29, 2023 at 8:07 PM Post #7,245 of 7,919
Matches up good with iem, guess black goes with everything. Had a few days with the new Eros S Anniversary Edition and have to say it's a pleasant surprise. The sound quality has really started to open up and feel it's a real bargain for the price. Once get hundred hours will post some addition thoughts.
I’ve put the Eros S on to burn too for 100 hours. I had a quick listen straight out of the box and it seemed to emphasise the bass above all else. I’m going to put some hours on it and wait for it to open up a lot more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back