Effect Audio cables thread
Jun 1, 2022 at 12:13 AM Post #5,896 of 7,907
Time really flies and it's 1st of June already! The Signature Series launch is coming up pretty soon 😎 Is it time to do a countdown? 🤩

@holsen
I can't wait for you to see them irl!

@Deferenz
Glad you had fun! We always love feedback~

@Tomm11
Glad you enjoyed the cables! Do keep them coming!

@rantng
Awesome! We will definitely continue to do that!

@saldsald
Yeap! Everyone has been so sweet!

- Jordon

Effect Audio Stay updated on Effect Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/effectaudiosg/ https://twitter.com/EffectAudio https://www.instagram.com/effectaudio/ http://www.effectaudio.com/ https://wa.me/message/A64BKXQECHD4E1 info@effectaudio.com
Jun 1, 2022 at 12:41 AM Post #5,897 of 7,907
Truly, I must say, this has been a very unique and welcoming experience, getting to know the prototype cable's sound and sharing them with others, understanding where different opinions matched and where they differed, their effects on different types of gears, the individual preferences...it truly was a very rewarding experience. Thank you @EffectAudio and @JordonEA for letting me be a part of this unique and incredible venture. Will definitely be looking forward to more like this.

Jun 1, 2022 at 9:43 AM Post #5,898 of 7,907
So, this afternoon I've also sent P37 & P38 back to Singapore.
And now it seems that I just can't get this nostalgic tune out of my head :)

Don't it always seem to go
That you don't know what you got 'til it's gone
They paved paradise and put up a parking lot

Banksy Park.gif

Surely gonna miss these cables for now, but looking forward to the official launch later on...

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2022 at 2:15 PM Post #5,899 of 7,907
Just packed P37 and P38 up and will drop the off tomorrow. Been a real joy to be part of this, thanks again @JordonEA and @EffectAudio for allowing me to be part of this testing. We might of not of all used the same terms to describe the sound of the cables but there was overwhelming agreement on the sound signature of each cable.

Jun 1, 2022 at 9:24 PM Post #5,901 of 7,907
I've done a little more listening today with some other cables thrown into the mix (thanks to a channel patron, Brocco Lee for the Norne silver litz cable!)

Here are some further thoughts while we await the official release...

IEMs used: CustomArt FIBAE 3x3 & Kiwi Ears Orchestra - both fairly energetic in the treble with the 3x3 more mid-treble focussed and the Orchestra a little more v-shaped
Cables used: EA 38 Prototype, EA 32 Prototype, Ares Audio Ikigai, Norne pure silver litz

EA 38 impressions
  • Helps to smooth the highs a bit on these slightly more aggressive (to my ears) IEMs
  • Fantastic if you want to hear more richness in the mid-range and suits an IEM like the FIBAE 3x3 incredibly well
  • Could get a bit too thick on certain richer sounding IEMs or for those who love clarity and treble detail/sparkle
  • Clearly smoother and less bright than the Ikigai (pure copper) and Norne silver litz so also a little less clarity focussed
  • Maintains good instrument separation despite the smoother treble presentation
  • Soundstage size is also still good, but not quite as expansive as something like the 32 Prototype or Norne silver - staging is similar to the Ikigai
EA 32 impressions
  • Manages to combine the treble energy of cables like the Ikigai and Norne silver litz while also keeping the weight and body of copper cables
  • Treble is also still quite smooth despite having more energy than the EA 38
  • I find this cable separates the sounds in an interesting way - like it's interacting with the different frequencies differently (might support the hybrid metal theories). Sometimes I think the separation of sounds gets a little bit artificial compared to a pure cable like the Norne or Ikigai, but it can also make for a very interesting and engaging listen that brings vocals really well into focus
  • This cable to me is a great balance of the features of both silver cables (clarity and energy) and copper cables (weight and richness)
In the end, I think both cables are great and compete comfortably with the very expensive Norne and Ares Audio cables I've compared them with. There are technical areas where the other cables are stronger, but subjectively, I don't find them consistently better so much as it depends on the IEM and the track.

Can't wait to see the finished version of the cables @JordonEA and I look forward to producing a video on these!

Jun 4, 2022 at 12:41 PM Post #5,902 of 7,907
I have had the prototype 37 (silver) and 38 (copper) in house for a few weeks. I have been listening to them on various IEM but the two that have gotten the most time with the cables are the CTM Da Vinci X and Fearless Audio Roland.

Gear used: Mytek Liberty DAC II, Drop THX One Linear, HeadAmp GS-X Mini, Sony WM1A, Sony NW-A105, Fiio M11 Plus, Periodic Audio Rhodium

Build quality is fantastic just as I expected from Effect Audio. #38 feels slightly less stiff and a little lighter then #37. Both terminate in 4.4mm connection. Overall both put most stock cables to shame in my humble opinion. The only stock cable that I have that truly competes with the EA offerings is the CTM Juba that came with my Da Vinci X. Good job EA, excellent build quality.

Sound quality is glorious on both.

#37 (silver) has a clean, clear, defined presentation that reveals each and every little detail in the recording. There is a hint of extra zing in the upper mids and treble regions that adds a touch too much shimmer and glare. The balanced and cohesive bass and main mids are lovely. Detail retrieval is excellent and resolution is top notch. Soundstage is wide with excellent depth. Layering is crazy good, no muddled or confused moments even on the most complex of tracks. Tone and timbre is very good. Note weight and body is good but is a tad on the lean side. BUT that little extra emphasis up top is just enough to be fatiguing at times and removes just a tad of naturalism in the tone and timbre. #37 is all about the details and resolution and misses a tad on the emotional, natural realism of the presentation.

#38 (copper) has a clean, clear, defined presentation that reveals each and every detail in the recording just like #37 BUT tames down the upper mids and treble. There is more body and note weight to the presentation. Instruments and vocals have a more emotional connection. Treble and bass are more extended and controlled on #38. Sub Bass and mid bass have more impact and authority. Treble has more natural presentation without the elevated and added razer edges and extra crispy moments that effect the naturalism of instruments and vocals. Soundstage is wide with excellent depth. Layering is crazy good, no muddled or confused moments even on the most complex of tracks. Tone and timbre is natural and realistic, puts you in the moment. Detail retrieval and resolution is amazing and on par with #37. #38 is about a natural and realistic presentation with an emotional attachment to the listener.

My preference is with #38 as it presents a more natural, realistic presentation.

Thank you to Jordan at Effect Audio for reaching out to me and giving me an opportunity to participate in this prototype experience. I look forward to hearing the final product and giving my thoughts on my YouTube channel.

Jun 5, 2022 at 12:38 PM Post #5,903 of 7,907
Wow just noticed effect audio has a sneak peak of the new splitter hardware for the signature series posted on there Facebook site. Looks awesome I like it even more than the prototype splitter, I image the rest of hardware will looks just as good.
Can’t wait till June 8 for the launch of these cables and finding out the material used and reason for P38 use of different wire strand sizes.
Still debating on if want to pick up P38 it’s a great cable but very close sound wise to the mest mkii cable. I really liked P37 so differently getting that one. On P32 I’m still debating it, that was the one I didn’t get a chance to hear and money been tight since long Covid has caused me to go on disability.

Jun 6, 2022 at 5:43 AM Post #5,904 of 7,907
@dbsylvia Can't wait for the video!
@Ufanco Everything will be revealed on 8th June 😎

Thanks everyone for taking part in our prelaunch campaign and giving our Signature Series Prototype cables a go. I hope the past month was enjoyable!!

Now let's buckle up, 2 more days to go for the Launch! 🙌🏽

- Jordon

Effect Audio Stay updated on Effect Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/effectaudiosg/ https://twitter.com/EffectAudio https://www.instagram.com/effectaudio/ http://www.effectaudio.com/ https://wa.me/message/A64BKXQECHD4E1 info@effectaudio.com
Jun 6, 2022 at 10:48 AM Post #5,905 of 7,907
2000x.png

Effect Audio Achilles is now showing on the DMA website in Hong Kong. Maybe a Hong Kong limited edition?

Jun 7, 2022 at 4:17 PM Post #5,906 of 7,907
Dropping my impressions of the 2 cables that I have received from Effect Audio to test out!

I would like to thank Jordon from Effect Audio in facilitating this testing period with the P37 and P38 – while I am grateful for the opportunity, my impressions will be honest about what I feel about the 2 cables.

I’ll be sad to hand them off to Jordon soon 😢

P38
1654633518051.jpeg

The Ares II has always been one of my favorite copper cables at its price range. Long story short, the P38 outperforms the Ares II in every aspect, while keeping the tight, highly resolute Effect Audio “house sound” – it’s the Ares II on steroids!

The P38 features a very unique geometry configuration with 2 different cable geometries. What I absolutely adore about this cable is the sweet and slight warmth in tonality – it is not overly done where it will cause a lot of IEMs to sound too warm, but rather adds sweetness and intimacy to the sound.

It adds some body and weight to the bass, and the midrange is presented in a very sweet and immersive, and it really shows in the vocal presentation of the cable. The treble is presented in a very natural and tamed manner, while still having some shimmer and sparkle without it being overly energetic.

P37
1654633506502.jpeg

The P37 caught me by surprise. Looking at it, I would think it is a silver-plated copper cable, and I really love how you are able to see the individual strands in the cable. Overall a beautiful aesthetic as expected from Effect Audio. I am told that there will be changes to the hardware and I cannot wait to see how this cable will look like in its final form.

The P37 is the cleaner, more defined brother of the P38. The bass is tightened and punchier, forming an energetic low end, midrange is clean and resolute, the detail retrieval on this cable is pristine. Treble is more energetic than the P38, and the layering is more defined.

The soundstage on this cable is ever so slightly wider than that of the P38 to my ears, andit increases the depth as well. Tonality is a bit leaner than the P38 – anyone looking for a more intimate and sweet presentation (myself included) would prefer the P38.

Overall, the 2 cables that I got to test were a joy to listen to. Knowing that they are from the signature series would probably mean that their price point would be more affordable compared to their recent release of flagship cables and this blew me away. Anyone still on their stock plastics one cable should seriously consider upgrading to either of these cables.

Thank you to Jordon and Effect Audio again!

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2022 at 7:23 AM Post #5,908 of 7,907
Jun 8, 2022 at 8:07 AM Post #5,910 of 7,907

Users who are viewing this thread

Back