Effect Audio cables thread
Apr 30, 2018 at 11:08 AM Post #1,981 of 7,919
I believe the only sonic difference between the original Leo and the BE Leo lies in the PSquared plug. Everything else is the same, except in a matte black scheme.

The Black Edition Leonidas is a special edition Leonidas equipped with black hardware and a PSquared plug. It’s all sold out now, unfortunately. :D

Thanks for the answer. Leanring as I go, lol... Now to figure out the best wiht the Phantom...Janus D or Leonidas. Been told that the Leonidas may be the best, but I loved teh Janus D. Decisions, Decisions. lol....:wink:

Apr 30, 2018 at 11:22 AM Post #1,982 of 7,919
4.4mm, We've decided to work with Pentaconn for the premium offering, albeit it not being called PSquared (Palladium/Platinum), we do have a pentaconn collab alternative :) ~ We will launch a re-termination program soon for current owners to reterminate into the PSquared superior terminations with EA Ferrite Guard.

-Eric

No news yet about the program?

May 2, 2018 at 2:18 AM Post #1,987 of 7,919
This looks so cool and the sound sig is very interesting? I didn't know they could do something like that. How much was it? I wonder how it compares to the Janus D? Sounds like that signature a bit???

Hey Pete, the Leonidas+Ares II is available for audition at e-earphone along with the regular cables and other bespoke including the Leonidas+Thor II and Mars+Leonidas. They also now have the Janus but I haven't auditioned that yet! If you've auditioned or indeed have the Lionheart, it's a stunning cable - refined, beautiful tone, balanced across frequency bands, wide soundstage with the ability to seemingly pull detail from one side of the universe, nice sparkle and a decay that trails forever. The Lionheart is sublime with female vocals. Ok enough praise.

I purchased the Leonidas+Ares II because I wanted something truly different. The price was the same as the Lionheart, so here in Japan it's JPY 60,000. If I were to compare the Leonidas+Ares II to the Lionheart the differences are quite obvious. The L+A II has increased resolution and excellent micro dynamics, it's like lifting a veil from the Lionheart. The bass is warmer and more rhythmic, and the treble is smoother but doesn't have the sparkle of the Lionheart. The soundstage is narrower yet deeper, while the note decay is shorter.

So what does this mean? Well I appreciate the resolution lift and bass warmth, even if it's at the cost of the beautiful tone and extended note decay of the Lionheart. It also seems to be better for longer listening sessions probably from the smoother treble, and I often catch myself lost in the music and tapping my feet. For me, the L+A II works well with male vocals and rock music like Kings of Leon and Dire Straits.

I'll try and audition the Janus cables next week. It's Golden Week in Japan at the moment and e earphone is packed with everyone on holidays.

May 2, 2018 at 8:30 AM Post #1,988 of 7,919
hello, does the 4.4mm plug exists in Pquared ? And how much does it cost to reterminate a cable?

May 2, 2018 at 9:31 AM Post #1,989 of 7,919
Hey Pete, the Leonidas+Ares II is available for audition at e-earphone along with the regular cables and other bespoke including the Leonidas+Thor II and Mars+Leonidas. They also now have the Janus but I haven't auditioned that yet! If you've auditioned or indeed have the Lionheart, it's a stunning cable - refined, beautiful tone, balanced across frequency bands, wide soundstage with the ability to seemingly pull detail from one side of the universe, nice sparkle and a decay that trails forever. The Lionheart is sublime with female vocals. Ok enough praise.

I purchased the Leonidas+Ares II because I wanted something truly different. The price was the same as the Lionheart, so here in Japan it's JPY 60,000. If I were to compare the Leonidas+Ares II to the Lionheart the differences are quite obvious. The L+A II has increased resolution and excellent micro dynamics, it's like lifting a veil from the Lionheart. The bass is warmer and more rhythmic, and the treble is smoother but doesn't have the sparkle of the Lionheart. The soundstage is narrower yet deeper, while the note decay is shorter.

So what does this mean? Well I appreciate the resolution lift and bass warmth, even if it's at the cost of the beautiful tone and extended note decay of the Lionheart. It also seems to be better for longer listening sessions probably from the smoother treble, and I often catch myself lost in the music and tapping my feet. For me, the L+A II works well with male vocals and rock music like Kings of Leon and Dire Straits.

I'll try and audition the Janus cables next week. It's Golden Week in Japan at the moment and e earphone is packed with everyone on holidays.

Wow, great write up and thanks! Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on Janus D vs the others. :wink:....

May 2, 2018 at 10:56 AM Post #1,990 of 7,919
hello, does the 4.4mm plug exists in Pquared ? And how much does it cost to reterminate a cable?
No P squared in 4.4mm. See post 1982 above.

May 4, 2018 at 12:12 AM Post #1,993 of 7,919
Sorry guys, I've been away for awhile. Busy prep works for Munich High End! We'll be exhibiting so loads of things to prepare for ~

No news yet about the program?

Hey buddy, We're not ready to launch full scale yet. The reason for the delay is mainly due to our production capacity. If we were to launch a full-scale retermination upgrade program, i fear that all existing orders and new orders lead time would be delayed quite significantly. However, as i've noticed that you've inquired about this program on multiple occasions, if you could write me a mail, i'll make some special arrangements and advise you further :)

How about M4L4?(Mars4wLeonidas4w)

You mean... This? :wink: Well, until recently, not much people know about this secret 'Bespoke' product. Unlikely you'll find any feed backs here ; that is until @Deezel177 reviews it *winks*
Screen Shot 2018-05-04 at 12.11.31 PM.png

Is anyone able to shed light on the soundstage of the Leonidas Black Limited Edition vs an Ares II 8-Wire (or any of the other 8-Wires, really)?

@WayneWoondirts can possibly help. He has the Leonidas Black and will be having the Ares II 8wire in a jiffy!

For PSquared in 4.4, we use the Pentaconn Collab 4.4mm

Does anyone know how long repairs take?
Likely 3-7 days upon receipt of cables.

And can I send in my lionheart cable to be re terminated to new pentaconn connector :L3000:
Send me a mail and we'll chat :)

Pc

Effect Audio Stay updated on Effect Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/effectaudiosg/ https://twitter.com/EffectAudio https://www.instagram.com/effectaudio/ http://www.effectaudio.com/ https://wa.me/message/A64BKXQECHD4E1 info@effectaudio.com
May 4, 2018 at 12:21 AM Post #1,994 of 7,919

Users who are viewing this thread

Back