Effect Audio cables thread
Jun 23, 2023 at 2:23 AM Post #7,096 of 7,990
I didnt manage to get the gold Cadmus, probably took too long to think ... wanted it to match with my new ie600. Have it hooked up to my standard cadmus to a good overall improvement over the stock cable. vocals have this nice airier sound and the bass notes are hitting faster and harder

Jun 23, 2023 at 4:04 PM Post #7,097 of 7,990
I’ve been trying out the Cadmus FS with Phonix and SP3K. I like what I’m hearing. Black background and improved bass impact. The Phonix mids are clear and detailed and the FS shows off what this IEM is capable of.

I’m going to do some comparisons with the 4W, 8W and Code23 to see how it stacks up. Sorry for the delay on this, but work and family issues have kept me crazy busy. A few people have asked me to especially compare Cadmus FS against Code23 and so I’ll try to get to that as soon as I can.

IMG_2385.jpeg

Jun 24, 2023 at 12:03 AM Post #7,098 of 7,990
IMG_2435.jpeg

Great synergy. This stock configuration of Gaea and its cable just nailed it. Grab a player, then you are all ready to get you body movin'

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2023 at 5:44 AM Post #7,099 of 7,990
Cross posting from Watercooler thread. :)

What about a quick feedback on the new arrival?

Well, while the Save the Moon project keeps going strongly and funnily... Supermoon is back with Cleopatra Octa. :)

But fear not, after experimenting Cadmus FE with A12t and LX, I found it more grooving and head banging when paired with LX.

For those that liked the Cadmus...well Cadmus FE is quite a different tuning sounding. I may not looks as much, but that one wire per side change from SPC to gold plated copper makes quite a big difference. EA was not joking when they said its a bump in the midrange texture and body, while keeping the clarity of the upper range. That's exactly my impression of this cable (before even looking at the site).

it gave a palpable texture to LX that brought it to a new level. LX is a known bass head, but this balanced cable put the W9s in place, holding them tight improving their control. Also putting some emphasis on the upper range expanding it as possible. Just pleasure and definitely nice experience. :)

IMG_5356.jpeg

Jun 24, 2023 at 7:25 AM Post #7,100 of 7,990
For those that liked the Cadmus...well Cadmus FE is quite a different tuning sounding. I may not looks as much, but that one wire per side change from SPC to gold plated copper makes quite a big difference. EA was not joking when they said its a bump in the midrange texture and body, while keeping the clarity of the upper range.
Cadmus FE surely is a special (by looks and signature) one! I have it on the Axiom while typing this and listening to music at the same time! A beautiful & full bodied sound synergy combination imo :)

Btw, some great looking LX you have there! Wasn't that some kind of limited edition?

Grab a player, then you are all ready to get you body movin'
When I read the above, I immediately thought of this BB song
Not sure if that was intentional? :grin:

Unfortunately I've never heard the Gaea myself, but it surely belongs in the 'Eye Candy' category!

Oh, and I wish that the leather case of my LPGT was still in the same condition as yours. Mine has started 'peeling' these days and I'm looking for another case atm for the years to come.

I’m going to do some comparisons with the 4W, 8W and Code23 to see how it stacks up. Sorry for the delay on this, but work and family issues have kept me crazy busy.
I'm curious about your thoughts later on. To me, going from Cadmus 4w to 8w to FE, was like stepping up some sort of sq ladder every time.

And then I don't mean like this...
MM ladder 1.gif

...but more like this:
MM ladder 2.gif

Listening time can be really scarce when life gets in the way. Good luck with all the crazy busy stuff, hopefully those issues will work out for you in a more positive way from here.

I didnt manage to get the gold Cadmus, probably took too long to think
Please, don't worry too much about that and my advise is to hold on to that budget! You might need it later on this year for another special one :wink:

Last time I posted a gif of some thunder clouds. Now, in hindsight, this probably would have been a more fitting example of what's on the horizon
Aurora.gif

Although it's still a complete mystery and I'm sworn to almost total secrecy,
my (and some other lucky) ears (out there) are already in a state of ecstacy!

I'll leave it to that! Checking out now... before I spill too many beans :sweat_smile:
Happy listening to all of you out there and enjoy the weekend!!!

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2023 at 10:31 AM Post #7,102 of 7,990
Last edited:
Jun 24, 2023 at 11:42 AM Post #7,103 of 7,990
Same with the Ares S Founders Edition :

It really means something 😇😎👍

How fascinating it is subtle... And finally not 😅

Suyang knows his thing. 🤟

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2023 at 4:40 PM Post #7,104 of 7,990
Love the look of the Cadmus Founder edition I have the regular Cadmus and can imagine how much the added gold and silver must contribute to the sound quality.

Currently using the Cleopatra 2 and wondering if anyone has compared the new Cadmus to it?

Jun 24, 2023 at 7:16 PM Post #7,105 of 7,990
Love the look of the Cadmus Founder edition I have the regular Cadmus and can imagine how much the added gold and silver must contribute to the sound quality.

Currently using the Cleopatra 2 and wondering if anyone has compared the new Cadmus to it?

I will compare Cadmus FE to the Cleo II OCTA on Tuesday (when delivered) and report :).

Jun 25, 2023 at 3:19 AM Post #7,106 of 7,990
I will compare Cadmus FE to the Cleo II OCTA on Tuesday (when delivered) and report :).
It can be very interesting.

I have recently compared my Ares S FE Vs a Code 51.

Well, to be fair, I already found before this comparison the 51 and my Ringo's couple well... good (sort of) but nothing more (very technical, no magic at all, strangely a sound generally lacking body, and, in particular, at the bottom end) ...

Conversely, the Ringo's and Ares S 8 couple was immediately magical. That's the word. But listening this pairing a little more actively, taking my time, there were small technical gaps. In particular a lack of control, a small lack of general precision and resolution... To sum up.

The Founders Edition, while taking up the "magical" qualities (tones, tones, liveliness... 🥰😎🥰) of the Ares S 8 standard (as part of this synergy), has greatly enhanced the technical qualities of the whole thing.

So I was interested to know if technically the FE would match the 51.🧐

Want to know the answer?🤔

Unless you've already guessed... 😇😅

But once again: always think in terms of "synergy".

A cable alone does nothing. 😴

This being said, each cable has of course intrinsic qualities.

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2023 at 1:47 PM Post #7,107 of 7,990
Cadmus FE surely is a special (by looks and signature) one! I have it on the Axiom while typing this and listening to music at the same time! A beautiful & full bodied sound synergy combination imo :)

Btw, some great looking LX you have there! Wasn't that some kind of limited edition?

When I read the above, I immediately thought of this BB song
Not sure if that was intentional? :grin:

Unfortunately I've never heard the Gaea myself, but it surely belongs in the 'Eye Candy' category!

Oh, and I wish that the leather case of my LPGT was still in the same condition as yours. Mine has started 'peeling' these days and I'm looking for another case atm for the years to come.

I'm curious about your thoughts later on. To me, going from Cadmus 4w to 8w to FE, was like stepping up some sort of sq ladder every time.

And then I don't mean like this...
MM ladder 1.gif

...but more like this:
MM ladder 2.gif

Listening time can be really scarce when life gets in the way. Good luck with all the crazy busy stuff, hopefully those issues will work out for you in a more positive way from here.

Please, don't worry too much about that and my advise is to hold on to that budget! You might need it later on this year for another special one :wink:

Last time I posted a gif of some thunder clouds. Now, in hindsight, this probably would have been a more fitting example of what's on the horizon
Aurora.gif

Although it's still a complete mystery and I'm sworn to almost total secrecy,
my (and some other lucky) ears (out there) are already in a state of ecstacy!

I'll leave it to that! Checking out now... before I spill too many beans :sweat_smile:
Happy listening to all of you out there and enjoy the weekend!!!
That was actually inspired by the Japanese Gold LE when I was there and tried the LX for the first time, so I didn't like the smoky shells, so I thought about making a silver/gold and gold/silver version with black shells for my custom. Turned out amazing. Always loved the sound of LX...Since first listen.

I love how it is tuneable with cables. With usual tuning being L shaped...Cadmus FE made it a bit of mirrored "J", with the usual peak low end, but giving controls on the DDs decays and adding some light and expansion to the upper mids.

Great pairing. :)

Jun 26, 2023 at 5:25 AM Post #7,108 of 7,990
20230625_225243.jpg

Cadmus FE

20230325_144600.jpg

Chiron x Caliburn (left), Chiron x Horus (right)

My thoughts on the Trajectory of EA

Effect Audio is cooking up a new cable (or cables? 🙂) and I’d like to share my thoughts ahead of time before the official unveiling.

Within the past eight months, I’ve been able to audition almost the entire portfolio of EA cables outside their older flagship Horus. Living in Korea facilitates this, having access to a number of different audiophile stores with a supportive and flourishing community. Ever since the release of my beloved Chiron, I’ve been taking a mental note of each and every cable that has subsequently come out and have analyzed the gradual change in their tuning direction for all their contemporary cables. The theme in the direction of their tuning is what I’d like to discuss about today, as there seems to be a clear maturing of EA house sound that has slowly progressed towards a warmer, lusher, and more organic sound signature. Their core identity has been retained, still favoring a euphonically bright presentation with a slightly forward and elevated upper-midrange. But the coming maturity of their house sound has been evident, observable from all the newer additions released within the past year:

• Chiron introduced as the warmer and bassier flagship alternative over Centurion’s bright and lively sound.
  • Cleopatra II overtaking its predecessor with a warmer, lusher, and more organic sound signature.
  • Cadmus FE subsequently coming in as the sweeter, more analog, and warmer signature over the og Cadmus.
  • Chiron Bespoke cables: Chiron x Caliburn & Chiron x Horus – introduced as fuller, warmer, and bassier variants of the og Chiron; albeit with further differences that distinguishes the two as separate models.
  • Artemis introduced as Korea’s exclusive bespoke variant of Chiron, tuned to being a warmer, bassier, and more dynamic signature with a little more heft and fullness.

And now, a new prototype cable that once again, follows closely in line with the aforementioned tuning direction.

To understand this genealogy, I traced my finding to a conversation I shared with @Suyang a few months back – back when he visited Korea for a short business trip to Scherezade. We discussed our opinions about today’s trend and the state of our industry, and reached an agreeable assessment that the trend of our industry has been leaning towards a full-bodied, warmer, more earthy, and romantic sound signature. This is observable if we take a step back and observe all the tonal characteristics of contemporary flagships, such as Traillii, Xe6, Alpha Ti, Raven, and Dio. In spite of their different sound signatures, they all hold a blanket statement of opting for a warmer, full-bodied, and more analog presentation.

I believe this conversation I’ve shared with Suyang gave some insight into EA and their potential trajectory for future cables. Of course, this is nothing more than a personal speculation, but I find it thought provoking to discuss where EA may end up within a year or two down the road.

PSX_20230623_155423.jpg

New EA prototype. Wrapped in ‘Effect Audio’ heat shrink with Term-X at its end.

Introduction of EA Prototype Cable

I’m afforded to provide a little sneak peak photo of the prototype cable. The final production model will come with an entirely different hardware and sleeve, so the visual reference doesn’t add much value besides having something pretty to look at. It’s easy to assume this post may sound like an advertisement propaganda (admittedly so, having early access to a prototype product), but this is a cable I genuinely believe many will like and appreciate. This cable is a culmination of EA’s old and new technology, implementing a fusion of wire that speaks to the geometry learned from all their previous lessons. The key word is fusion here, and this term may sound more familiar to you in the eventual times to come.

20230625_173829.jpg

Testing EA Prototype cable with Ronin, Rs8, and M9+

Notes taken while listening:

This is one of the most interesting cables I’ve come across made by EA. Not in the sense of an impressive flagship performance, but rather through a unique presentation that gives off some sort of a stereo-like image with a clear partitioning of left and right signal. This type of presentation isn’t unseen before, but what makes this cable so strange is that I hear a pseudo intermixture of the left and right channel, to the point I had to make sure the cable was connected correctly in its appropriate orientation. Just for clarification, this is not a dissuader by any means. Rather, one that I find impressively engaging as I'm able to freely move through the sound scape and locate where the minute details are coming from.

Its general description can be understood as a warm analog sound that simultaneously coexists with a silvery bright signature. It has a strange way of sounding sublime and intoxicating, while at the same time forthright in its brightly warm nature. There is a slight elevation in vocals, just the way EA likes to tune all their cables. And it has a huge, grand soundstage – not the biggest and widest I’ve heard, but a convincingly spherical presentation that has the technical knack to back up for a holographic imaging. There is a bit of focus in how structurally it lays out the soundscape and an appreciable hardness in presentation for a grippy and tangible experience. This prototype may be one of the most impressive bass I’ve heard amongst EA cables. The bass is one of its standout feature with an impressive decay and rumble that keeps me grounded in its spherical presentation. It is ever-present, but never overpowering. Just the way I like it to be.

Overall, a very mature experience, further packed with an impressive ergonomics that is extremely pliable to handle and weighs just as light as Chiron. Its ergonomics may change on the final production iteration, but this is nothing close to the weight and stiffness that many find inconvenient on Code 23.

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2023 at 5:55 AM Post #7,109 of 7,990

Cadmus FE

Effect Audio is cooking up a new cable (or cables? 🙂) and I’d like to share my thoughts ahead of time before the official unveiling.

Within the past eight months, I’ve been able to audition almost the entire portfolio of EA cables outside their older flagship Horus. Living in Korea facilitates this, having access to a number of different audiophile stores with a supportive and flourishing community. Ever since the release of my beloved Chiron, I’ve been taking a mental note of each and every cable that has subsequently come out and have analyzed the gradual change in their tuning direction for all their contemporary cables. The theme of their tuning direction is what I’d like to discuss about today, as there seems to be a clear maturing of EA house sound that has slowly progressed towards a warmer, lusher, and more organic sound signature. Their core identity has been retained, still favoring a euphonically bright presentation with a slightly forward and elevated upper-midrange. But the coming maturity of their house sound has been evident, observable by all the newer additions that have come out since the release of Chiron:

• Chiron introduced as the warmer and bassier flagship alternative over Centurion’s bright and lively sound.
  • Cleopatra II overtaking its predecessor with a warmer, lusher, and more organic sound signature.
  • Cadmus FE subsequently coming in as the sweeter, more analog, and warmer signature over the og Cadmus.
  • Chiron Bespoke cables: Chiron x Caliburn & Chiron x Horus – introduced as fuller, warmer, and bassier variants of the og Chiron; albeit with further differences that distinguishes the two as separate models.
  • Artemis introduced as Korea’s exclusive bespoke variant of Chiron, tuned to being a warmer, bassier, and more dynamic signature with a little more heft and fullness.

And now, a new prototype cable that once again, follows closely in line with the aforementioned tuning direction.

To understand this genealogy, I traced my finding to a conversation I shared with @Suyang a few months back – back when he visited Korea for a short business trip to Scherezade. We discussed our opinions about today’s trend and the state of our industry, and reached an agreeable assessment that the trend of our industry has been leaning towards a full-bodied, warmer, more earthy, and romantic sound signature. This is observable if we take a step back and observe all the tonal characteristics of contemporary flagships, such as Traillii, Xe6, Alpha Ti, Raven, and Dio. In spite of their different sound signatures, they all hold a blanket statement of opting for a warmer, full-bodied, and more analog presentation.

I believe this conversation I’ve shared with Suyang gave some insight into EA and their potential trajectory for future cables. Of course, this is nothing more than a personal speculation, but I find it thought provoking to discuss where EA may end up within a year or two down the road.

I’m afforded to provide a little sneak peak photo of the prototype cable. The final production model will come with an entirely different hardware and sleeve, so the visual reference doesn’t add much value besides having something pretty to look at. It’s easy to assume this post may sound like an advertisement propaganda (admittedly so, having early access to a prototype product), but this is a cable I genuinely believe many will like and appreciate. This cable is a culmination of EA’s old and new technology, implementing a fusion of wire that speaks to the geometry learned from all their previous lessons. The key word is fusion here, and this term may sound more familiar to you in the eventual times to come.

This is one of the most interesting cables I’ve come across made by EA. Not in the sense of an impressive flagship performance, but rather through a unique presentation that gives off some sort of a stereo image with a clear partitioning of left and right signal. This type of presentation isn’t unseen before, but what makes this cable so strange is that I hear a pseudo intermixture of the left and right channel, to the point I had to make sure the cable was connected correctly in its appropriate orientation. Just for clarification, this is not a dissuader by any means. Rather, one that I find impressively engaging as I'm able to freely move through the sound scape and locate where the minute details are coming from.

Its general description can be understood as a warm analog sound that simultaneously coexists with a silvery bright signature. It has a strange way of sounding sublime and intoxicating, while at the same time forthright in its brightly warm nature. There is a slight elevation in vocals, just the way EA likes to tune all their cables. And it has a huge, grand soundstage – not the biggest and widest I’ve heard, but a convincingly spherical presentation that has the technical knack to back up for a holographic imaging. There is a bit of focus in how structurally it lays out the soundscape and an appreciable hardness in presentation for a grippy and tangible experience. This prototype may be one of the most impressive bass I’ve heard amongst EA cables. The bass is one of its most prominent aspects with an impressive decay and rumble that keeps me grounded across in its spherical presentation. It is ever-present, but never overpowering. Just the way I like it to be.

Overall, a very mature experience, further packed with an impressive ergonomics that is extremely pliable to handle and weighs just as light as Chiron. Its ergonomics may change on the final production iteration, but this is nothing close to the weight and stiffness that many find inconvenient on Code 23.
Completely agree, and in particular this quote :

"Within the past eight months, I’ve been able to audition almost the entire portfolio of EA cables outside their older flagship Horus. Living in Korea facilitates this, having access to a number of different audiophile stores with a supportive and flourishing community. Ever since the release of my beloved Chiron, I’ve been taking a mental note of each and every cable that has subsequently come out and have analyzed the gradual change in their tuning direction for all their contemporary cables. The theme of their tuning direction is what I’d like to discuss about today, as there seems to be a clear maturing of EA house sound that has slowly progressed towards a warmer, lusher, and more organic sound signature. Their core identity has been retained, still favoring a euphonically bright presentation with a slightly forward and elevated upper-midrange. But the coming maturity of their house sound has been evident, observable by all the newer additions that have come out since the release of Chiron:

• Artemis introduced as Korea’s exclusive bespoke variant of Chiron, tuned to being a warmer, bassier, and more dynamic signature with a little more heft and fullness."
It's interesting what you say, because, I take my case :

I come from the "traditional hifi": a listening room, 2 speakers and 150kg of electronics... I am 46 years old (July 20 :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: ). I started at 15 the hob... the PASSION !!! :sweat_smile:

Now, I have been interested by earphones for about ten years.

Like many people here, I started "small" then until I heard some serious products (it was the "Fitear 334 To go v2" : that was the trigger :heart_eyes:), I then realized that we could go very far in sound quality.

But for a very long time I was frustrated, especially with my experience of "traditional hifi" in mind.

Admittedly, I have heard a lot of very good products all these years... but for the most part, I considered them to be rather colorful, voluntarily "typed" (tuned) to obtain a certain "style of sound" (bass head, treble head, "V", "U", "W", "L", etc...), and very oriented towards tons of "details" but without actually of "substance".

Something immediately spectacular... but let's face it, not very "realistic" and ultimately not very "mature". According to my own criteria of appreciation, and expectations.

Well things are changing. And I think are going in the right direction.

For me in any case, and through a few very specific products (admittedly chosen after multiple tests, comparisons, etc.), we manage to find mobile products whose qualities, both technical, but more important, musical, approach the qualities formerly reserved for "classic hi-fi".

And so yes, the latest products from Effect Audio have a sound that is at the same time detailed, precise, technical, fast, certainly, but above all embodied, warm (in a good way), with a real weight on the notes, texture, harmonic richness, accuracy : a core. Not just a "surface resolution/definition"...often achieved by manipulating the frequency response.

In short, something realistic.

That's exactly what I get with the "Ares ES Founders Edition" (and my beloved Ringo's) for instance.

And the same goes for all mobile audio equipment. It is an observation.

We are living in an exciting time. More and more mature. :beerchug:

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2023 at 6:00 AM Post #7,110 of 7,990
20230625_225243.jpg
Cadmus FE

20230325_144600.jpg

Within the past eight months, I’ve been able to audition almost the entire portfolio of EA cables outside their older flagship Horus. Living in Korea facilitates this, having access to a number of different audiophile stores with a supportive and flourishing community. Ever since the release of my beloved Chiron, I’ve been taking a mental note of each and every cable that has subsequently come out and have analyzed the gradual change in their tuning direction for all their contemporary cables. The theme of their tuning direction is what I’d like to discuss about today, as there seems to be a clear maturing of EA house sound that has slowly progressed towards a warmer, lusher, and more organic sound signature. Their core identity has been retained, still favoring a euphonically bright presentation with a slightly forward and elevated upper-midrange. But the coming maturity of their house sound has been evident, observable by all the newer additions that have come out since the release of Chiron:

PSX_20230623_155423.jpg

20230625_173829.jpg

This is one of the most interesting cables I’ve come across made by EA. Not in the sense of an impressive flagship performance, but rather through a unique presentation that gives off some sort of a stereo-like image with a clear partitioning of left and right signal. This type of presentation isn’t unseen before, but what makes this cable so strange is that I hear a pseudo intermixture of the left and right channel, to the point I had to make sure the cable was connected correctly in its appropriate orientation. Just for clarification, this is not a dissuader by any means. Rather, one that I find impressively engaging as I'm able to freely move through the sound scape and locate where the minute details are coming from.

Its general description can be understood as a warm analog sound that simultaneously coexists with a silvery bright signature. It has a strange way of sounding sublime and intoxicating, while at the same time forthright in its brightly warm nature. There is a slight elevation in vocals, just the way EA likes to tune all their cables. And it has a huge, grand soundstage – not the biggest and widest I’ve heard, but a convincingly spherical presentation that has the technical knack to back up for a holographic imaging. There is a bit of focus in how structurally it lays out the soundscape and an appreciable hardness in presentation for a grippy and tangible experience. This prototype may be one of the most impressive bass I’ve heard amongst EA cables. The bass is one of its standout feature with an impressive decay and rumble that keeps me grounded across in its spherical presentation. It is ever-present, but never overpowering. Just the way I like it to be.

Hello Steve, would you know the appro cost range of this new ... if it's price may be near to Cleopatra or Chiron...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back