Effect Audio cables thread
Apr 7, 2020 at 2:37 AM Post #4,411 of 7,919
I though I was the only one with that problem

It was pretty major for some time. I covered it in a couple of my reviews. Though, at least in my experience, it looks like Effect have since resolved the issue. I haven't had it happen on my Eros II, Cleopatra, Vogue series cables or Code 51. By the way, reviews on the latter two are done and awaiting photos. Stay tuned. :wink:

Apr 7, 2020 at 2:45 AM Post #4,412 of 7,919
It was pretty major for some time. I covered it in a couple of my reviews. Though, at least in my experience, it looks like Effect have since resolved the issue. I haven't had it happen on my Eros II, Cleopatra, Vogue series cables or Code 51. By the way, reviews on the latter two are done and awaiting photos. Stay tuned. :wink:
Interesting - both my bespoke and my Cleopatra had it - i was contemplating re-terminating them but I sold them to a friend... might buy them back at some point and get eidolic plugs on them or something like that

Apr 7, 2020 at 3:27 AM Post #4,413 of 7,919
Interesting - both my bespoke and my Cleopatra had it - i was contemplating re-terminating them but I sold them to a friend... might buy them back at some point and get eidolic plugs on them or something like that

Ahh, I see. That's the advantage Eidolic and PlusSound have over Effect at the moment; screwing their sleeves directly onto the barrel, rather than using an adhesive like Effect do. The adhesive method does allow for a cleaner look, though.

Apr 7, 2020 at 3:50 AM Post #4,414 of 7,919
Ahh, I see. That's the advantage Eidolic and PlusSound have over Effect at the moment; screwing their sleeves directly onto the barrel, rather than using an adhesive like Effect do. The adhesive method does allow for a cleaner look, though.
I really like the PW hexagons and the Eletech designs too, but from what I’ve been told custom plugs are quite pricey for manufacturers to get

Apr 7, 2020 at 11:03 AM Post #4,415 of 7,919

Daniel, are you talking about 2pin connectors or the plug? Vogue series is different, those budget custom plugs are glued. I think all the connectors are glued as well, regardless of the series. But the plugs in all their higher end cables have a housing which is screwed on, Horus, C51, Leo II, Cleo, etc

Apr 7, 2020 at 11:07 AM Post #4,416 of 7,919
Daniel, are you talking about 2pin connectors or the plug? Vogue series is different, those budget custom plugs are glued. I think all the connectors are glued as well, regardless of the series. But the plugs in all their higher end cables have a housing which is screwed on, Horus, C51, Leo II, Cleo, etc
I've had issues with the adhesive on the connectors as well in all honesty, where they've detached etc

Apr 7, 2020 at 11:28 AM Post #4,417 of 7,919
I've had issues with the adhesive on the connectors as well in all honesty, where they've detached etc

That seems to be the case with my Leo II currently. The right channel has stopped working, the left channel stops working sometimes, and on more than one occasion the barrel has unscrewed itself. There is a disconnect somewhere in the chain, but when you look at the cable, nothing seems to be out of place, and I take good care of my devices. I still don't know what could have caused it. I'm dreading having to send it out to get repaired, but seems to be the only choice now. . . :thinking:

Apr 7, 2020 at 12:27 PM Post #4,418 of 7,919

I was talking about the 2-pin connectors. I assumed that was what everyone else was talking about because of the pretty big hoo-ah it raised some time ago. If what people meant were the source plug, then that's my mistake.

Apr 7, 2020 at 1:48 PM Post #4,419 of 7,919
I was talking about the 2-pin connectors. I assumed that was what everyone else was talking about because of the pretty big hoo-ah it raised some time ago. If what people meant were the source plug, then that's my mistake.

I figured we switched from apples question to oranges answer :D Michael's original question was "A quick question - do the new plugs still unscrew? That always drove me crazy with other EA cables"

So, yeah, plugs still unscrew unless we are talking about Vogue budget series. And connectors are still press-fitted, and probably glued :)

Apr 7, 2020 at 1:49 PM Post #4,420 of 7,919
I figured we switched from apples question to oranges answer :D Michael's original question was "A quick question - do the new plugs still unscrew? That always drove me crazy with other EA cables"

So, yeah, plugs still unscrew unless we are talking about Vogue budget series. And connectors are still press-fitted, and probably glued :)
Hahaha opened one can of worms for someone to misunderstand and open another :D

Apr 7, 2020 at 1:51 PM Post #4,421 of 7,919

Yeah, I also hesitated when I read unscrew, but it never occurred to me that the source plugs unscrewing were a major problem, because that's necessary for maintenance. In any case, I'd say that Effect's build all-around has been more solid than ever in my experience, and hopefully it's the same for everyone else. :D

Apr 7, 2020 at 1:52 PM Post #4,422 of 7,919
Yeah, I also hesitated when I read unscrew, but it never occurred to me that the source plugs unscrewing were a major problem, because that's necessary for maintenance. In any case, I'd say that Effect's build all-around has been more solid than ever in my experience, and hopefully it's the same for everyone else. :D
It’s not something that ruins the experience, but it always bugged me on some level

Apr 9, 2020 at 12:04 PM Post #4,423 of 7,919
fb:headfi:ig.jpg

Easter Weekend Heritage Flash Sale!

Enjoy 15% off on all our heritage series products this Easter Weekend!

Promotion period: 10-12 April 2020

Here are the promotional prices of the heritage series products over this weekend:

Lionheart - USD 425
Leonidas II - USD 755
Cleopatra - USD 595
Cleopatra Octa - USD 1275
Leonidas II Octa - USD 1605
【 UPGRADE 】Leonidas II > Leonidas II Octa - USD 755

Get yours while stocks last!

Shop now!

*** Coupons bought during the April Coupon Event can be used to offset products bought during this flash sale​

Apr 10, 2020 at 9:59 AM Post #4,425 of 7,919

Good review. I especially liked the comparison between the Horus X and Code 51. From what you say about them both I think my preference would be for the Code 51 as it seems to be a bit of a warmer cable.

One thing I would mention though is that the article says that Code 51 was the only EA cable to come in 22AWG, except for the made to order Jumbo. (There seems to be a word missing though, “flagship cable and the only < ? > of their cables to come in 22 AWG size” ) I mention this because I have the Thor Silver II + from EA and that cable is 22AWG.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back