Effect Audio cables thread
May 1, 2020 at 12:43 PM Post #4,441 of 7,907
I need some recommendations on what would be the best pairing for my u12t? I want a wider soundstage with smooth and clear highs but not fatiguing, a well controlled punchy bass and the mids slightly less recessed.

The Grandioso from the Vogue series would be a great bet. If you don't mind your lows a bit warmer, the Thor II Silver is ideal as well.

May 1, 2020 at 1:09 PM Post #4,442 of 7,907
The Grandioso from the Vogue series would be a great bet. If you don't mind your lows a bit warmer, the Thor II Silver is ideal as well.
I have been thinking about getting the Leo 2 Octa, how would Leo 2 Octa compare to the Grandiose since I don't like the sound to be too warm. A good punchy bass but not too warm and with fast retrieval without extra weight on the note, basically a clean bass and clear highs but smooth and not too sharp so that it's easier on my ears.

May 1, 2020 at 3:37 PM Post #4,443 of 7,907
I have been thinking about getting the Leo 2 Octa, how would Leo 2 Octa compare to the Grandiose since I don't like the sound to be too warm. A good punchy bass but not too warm and with fast retrieval without extra weight on the note, basically a clean bass and clear highs but smooth and not too sharp so that it's easier on my ears.

Well, if that's how high you're willing to go price-wise, I think the Janus D would be your best bet. The Leo II OCTA is a cable that adds oomph and size to instruments, but it may end up sounding too full and in-your-face for what you're looking for. The Janus D has a more roomy, space-y sound with a natural, radiant midrange tonality, a controlled bass and a smooth - but still clear - top-end.

May 1, 2020 at 8:44 PM Post #4,444 of 7,907
I think the Horus and its family would be worth checking out. It is very fast and detailed and does not add the extra weight of the Leo variants. It does a spectacular job, however, of revealing the fullness of notes that were recorded with it. So, it is not necessarily lean either, just very clear and uncontested. it's spectacular really.

May 1, 2020 at 8:56 PM Post #4,445 of 7,907
I think the Horus and its family would be worth checking out. It is very fast and detailed and does not add the extra weight of the Leo variants. It does a spectacular job, however, of revealing the fullness of notes that were recorded with it. So, it is not necessarily lean either, just very clear and uncontested. it's spectacular really.
Hmm from what the Horus offers it does suit my sound preference. I will surely check them out ☺️!

May 2, 2020 at 1:17 AM Post #4,447 of 7,907
Yeah, as you probably know, Musicteck has audition units and they're great to work with. https://www.musicteck.com

And by the by, I meant "uncongested" not "uncontested." (Weird how uncongested is not in the spell dictionary.)
I have been looking into all the Horus cables and realised that Effect audio does not have the Horus Jumbo cable whereas Musicteck has them. Any idea why that's the case?

May 2, 2020 at 2:37 AM Post #4,448 of 7,907
I have been looking into all the Horus cables and realised that Effect audio does not have the Horus Jumbo cable whereas Musicteck has them. Any idea why that's the case?
They may have made just a few units and those ended up on the distributors.

May 2, 2020 at 3:17 AM Post #4,450 of 7,907
Hi All,

Just jumping in a little to clarify, the Horus Jumbo was a limited edition launch by Effect Audio along with the Horus X and Horus Octa.

Only 10 of these cables were made and they were snapped up within around a week from its launch (Directly from EA).

Hope this clarifies some of the doubts!

May 2, 2020 at 11:40 AM Post #4,453 of 7,907
Hmm from what the Horus offers it does suit my sound preference. I will surely check them out ☺️!
I tried out a few EA cables with the Trio. These were; Lionheart, Eros II+, Thor Silver II and II+, Leonidas II and Horus. To my ears Horus was the best. It had a certain warmth, smoothness and great detail. It was just a bit out of my price range sadly.

May 2, 2020 at 12:24 PM Post #4,455 of 7,907
I tried out a few EA cables with the Trio. These were; Lionheart, Eros II+, Thor Silver II and II+, Leonidas II and Horus. To my ears Horus was the best. It had a certain warmth, smoothness and great detail. It was just a bit out of my price range sadly.

wonder if you had a chance comparing the horus vs plussound gps? They are the same type right, gold plated silver?

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back