Effect Audio cables thread
Jul 24, 2019 at 10:08 AM Post #3,737 of 7,925
QQ20190724-0.jpg

Hello Guys,

Effect Audio founder, Suyang, will be attending CanJam London at Park Plaza Westminster Bridge this coming weekend. Suyang is feeling very excited about this trip to meet up with friends, new and old alike. You are most welcome to drop by the EA booth (E2) to say hi, have a little chat with Suyang, and try your desired cables. :wink:

Jul 24, 2019 at 9:54 PM Post #3,738 of 7,925
Just some cable EA Cleopatra Octa close up. Unfortunately, this is the closest that my camera can go unless I go for rail focus stacking macro setup but you can clearly see that Golden Ratio multi-strands geometry within the wire jacket that is incredibly hard to see with just the naked eye :)

48369474732_39c9f8435c_k_d.jpg

Jul 24, 2019 at 10:35 PM Post #3,739 of 7,925
Just some cable EA Cleopatra Octa close up. Unfortunately, this is the closest that my camera can go unless I go for rail focus stacking macro setup but you can clearly see that Golden Ratio multi-strands geometry within the wire jacket that is incredibly hard to see with just the naked eye :)

48369474732_39c9f8435c_k_d.jpg

That's an amazing picture you got there @theveterans !! It looks beautiful closeup !

Jul 25, 2019 at 6:57 AM Post #3,740 of 7,925
A-hem... Guys, I have something to announce...

Apologies for this long waiting. Believe me, this matter has always been on my mind.
Remember the Mysterious Cable trial listening from CanJam SoCal last June?
We are very grateful for the participants that have so generously shared their views about those unidentified cables.

And finally, we have a lucky winner for the prize (yes, a Leonidas II).
EA's official random selection picker, Grumpy Mlle Mimi, has made her pick. She said her decision is final, Hoomans. :pouting_cat:
!
!
!
Congratulations @NovaFlyer :tada::tada::tada:

Mlle Mimi also wishes to felicitate the winner with all her heart.

IMG_6502.JPG

Jul 25, 2019 at 7:02 AM Post #3,741 of 7,925

Apologies for this long waiting. Believe me, this matter has always been on my mind.
We are very grateful for the participants that have so generously shared their views about those unidentified cables.

EA's official random selection picker, Grumpy Mlle Mimi, has made her pick. She said her decision is final, Hoomans. :pouting_cat:
!
!
!

Very nice! Congratulations @NovaFlyer!

Jul 25, 2019 at 10:39 AM Post #3,743 of 7,925

!
!
!

WOW! Thank you @Hana Yu Definitely extremely lucky to wakeup to that news today. I listened to the Leo II at CanJam SoCal and loved it with my Empire Ears Phantoms. Plus I was extremely impressed with all the Effect Audio cables I tried. Thank you Effect Audio for hosting this raffle and putting the Leo II as the prize!

Thank you @Wyville and @Layman1 for the congrats!

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2019 at 10:39 PM Post #3,745 of 7,925
Hey guys, do u think QDC Anole VX should pairing with EA Cleopatra or lionheart better? Thanks

Haven't heard the Anole VX but I have both Lionheart and Cleopatra Octa cables (both SE). With Andromeda as IEM, Cleopatra has weightier treble and more fleshed out mids and deeper bass without sounding slow while Lionheart has a thinner shimmer to the cymbals with peakier midrange and less extended bass. Both sound great but I prefer the meatier sound and more expansive soundstage of the Cleopatra Octa. Keep in mind those differences are subtle in the beginning but more noticeable during extended listening session.

Jul 29, 2019 at 10:39 PM Post #3,746 of 7,925
Hey guys, do u think QDC Anole VX should pairing with EA Cleopatra or lionheart better? Thanks

Good to hear from you bro! Both Lionheart and Cleo are wonderful cables! Well based on my humble opinion and knowledge,The Lionheart projects sweet vocals and smooth mids, its treble are sparkly and airy. Cleopatra on the other side, has impeccable details projection and it accentuate the music in every aspects. I feel that deciding on which cable suites better also depends on which configuration you like most with the VX. Personally, i feel that if you would like to hear every little details and you love something bright, you can give the Cleo a try, she's a beauty! I hope this helps, Cheers!

Jul 29, 2019 at 10:57 PM Post #3,749 of 7,925
Good to hear from you bro! Both Lionheart and Cleo are wonderful cables! Well based on my humble opinion and knowledge,The Lionheart projects sweet vocals and smooth mids, its treble are sparkly and airy. Cleopatra on the other side, has impeccable details projection and it accentuate the music in every aspects. I feel that deciding on which cable suites better also depends on which configuration you like most with the VX. Personally, i feel that if you would like to hear every little details and you love something bright, you can give the Cleo a try, she's a beauty! I hope this helps, Cheers!
Thanks Paul. Will get cleo instead of lionheart

Jul 29, 2019 at 10:58 PM Post #3,750 of 7,925
Haven't heard the Anole VX but I have both Lionheart and Cleopatra Octa cables (both SE). With Andromeda as IEM, Cleopatra has weightier treble and more fleshed out mids and deeper bass without sounding slow while Lionheart has a thinner shimmer to the cymbals with peakier midrange and less extended bass. Both sound great but I prefer the meatier sound and more expansive soundstage of the Cleopatra Octa. Keep in mind those differences are subtle in the beginning but more noticeable during extended listening session.
Thanks bro... seem like cleopatra was a damn good cable

Users who are viewing this thread

Back