Effect Audio cables thread
Jul 29, 2019 at 11:18 PM Post #3,751 of 7,907
Thanks bro... seem like cleopatra was a damn good cable

I hope you can find a way to demo all of their IEM cable lineup though since there are hidden synergies with some EA cables that really digs your IEM's potential such as the Janus Basso, Janus Dynamic or even just the standard EA lineup such as Eros II 8-wire version. I had a chance during CanJam just to test them out and found that I liked how the Cleopatra Octa sounded to my most preferred sound out of the Andromeda. I can see how some might prefer Janus D or even Janus B with the Andromeda since they bring unique flavors to its signature while Cleopatra as @Paul Zhang wrote, enhances the good things in the frequency range of the IEM without injecting a lot of coloration or euphony in its sound signature.

Jul 29, 2019 at 11:30 PM Post #3,752 of 7,907
I hope you can find a way to demo all of their IEM cable lineup though since there are hidden synergies with some EA cables that really digs your IEM's potential such as the Janus Basso, Janus Dynamic or even just the standard EA lineup such as Eros II 8-wire version. I had a chance during CanJam just to test them out and found that I liked how the Cleopatra Octa sounded to my most preferred sound out of the Andromeda. I can see how some might prefer Janus D or even Janus B with the Andromeda since they bring unique flavors to its signature while Cleopatra as @Paul Zhang wrote, enhances the good things in the frequency range of the IEM without injecting a lot of coloration or euphony in its sound signature.
Sure! Leonidas ii as well

Jul 30, 2019 at 12:47 AM Post #3,753 of 7,907
EA suggested pairing for meze Rai Penta? I'd like to tone down the lifted 6 to 8 khz treble bite while retaining top octave air and shimmer.

I'm afraid to go silver for this reason, but open to suggestions of course.

Jul 30, 2019 at 1:04 AM Post #3,754 of 7,907
EA suggested pairing for meze Rai Penta? I'd like to tone down the lifted 6 to 8 khz treble bite while retaining top octave air and shimmer.

Ironically, out of Effect Audio's entire stable, I think the Thor Silver II has the most effective lower-treble dip. I paired it with my Phantom, which has a 6kHz peak, and it became wonderfully smooth. The upper-mids became more vibrant and a touch brighter in tone, but the treble certainly became wetter, smoother and more refined.

Jul 30, 2019 at 1:35 AM Post #3,755 of 7,907

Here you go brother! @Deezel177 has just made a great suggestion, but it's still best that if you can, try out our demo and experience first hand of what each individual cables sounds like and which cable pairs best with your IEMS. Like the old EA saying " listening is personal":relaxed:

Jul 30, 2019 at 3:28 PM Post #3,756 of 7,907
Just want to share a few impressions from my time at the recent London CanJam.
Firstly, thanks to @Hana Yu for help and advice prior to the show, and to Suyang *at* the show :)

Suyang (A.K.A. 老板) was a pleasure to chat with, very friendly and happy to answer questions and go into detail if I wanted.
My main regret is that I was mostly busy listening (or getting sidetracked chatting with other attendees at the stall) so I couldn't chat with him as much as I would have liked.

The quality of the craftsmanship and innovation on these cables is second to none.
I was auditioning most of the line-up of the Empire Ears (EE) stand, which was conveniently situated right next door to the EA stand.
So I was able to borrow alternate cables from EA to try with a few different EE IEM's (I do love my acronyms - LOL) :p

Annoyingly, I recall listening to the Leonidas II and thinking it was astonishingly good, but I can't now recall what were the exact characteristics that made it so.
Ditto the Thor II 8 wire.
More follow-up listening required, haha.

Still, what I *can* say is that I went there with some rough ideas about what I thought I would like (based on reading this thread and the EE thread and reviews).
However, I did go also with an open mind and was happy to defer to Suyang's deep expertise and listen to his advice above my own preconceptions; I would encourage anyone else to do the same!

I was looking for a cable that could give the most bass slam and rumble to a specific EE IEM. I thought the Thor 8 Wire or Ares II 8 wire would surely be the thing.
But he gently suggested I give the Ares II+ a go instead, which has 4 wires like the standard Ares II but thicker wires (22 AWG, if I recall correctly).

So I plugged in the IEMs with this cable, and started playing a song on my DAP, waiting for the bit in the song where the bassy drum kicks in.
Suyang was in the middle of chatting with another Head-Fi guy, when they both stopped and laughed at me, as I let out an involuntary "WHOOOOO!!" of shocked delight :D
I've never heard a slam and rumble like it. Absolutely astonishing.

Interestingly, I then tried the same cable with the EE Valkyrie (which comes as standard with the Eros II cable).
The difference in sound signature on the Valkyrie between the two cables was nothing short of revelatory.
Any 'cable skeptics'; I *highly* recommend you to duplicate this test.
With the standard Eros II cable, the Valkyrie has this vast, open, brightness in the top end. Some will love it, some may find it fatiguing or wish they could dial it back a bit.
With the Ares II+ all that brightness was dialled back, and some warmth added in, along with a lift in the rumble and slam of the low end, although not excessively.
It was literally like listening to two completely different IEMs.

Well, that's all I have to say for the moment.
But thanks again to the EA team, and I can only recommend them (and the products of course) very highly!
The prices range from pretty reasonable to TOTL, but unlike some products in the audio world, talking to Suyang I can really feel the depth of knowledge and years of relentless experimentation with materials, composition, cable geometry, science and all sorts that have gone into making these products. Cannot recommend enough :)

Jul 30, 2019 at 8:40 PM Post #3,757 of 7,907
Here you go brother! @Deezel177 has just made a great suggestion, but it's still best that if you can, try out our demo and experience first hand of what each individual cables sounds like and which cable pairs best with your IEMS. Like the old EA saying " listening is personal":relaxed:

I'll keep tuned for the next loaner program. Also I'll check to see if there's a dealer in Chicago or St Louis where I can demo first hand. Thanks sir, and thanks to @Deezel177 for the suggestion. I may just take the plunge on the Thor and resell if it doesn't hit the spot.

Jul 31, 2019 at 3:03 AM Post #3,758 of 7,907
Just want to share a few impressions from my time at the recent London CanJam.
Firstly, thanks to @Hana Yu for help and advice prior to the show, and to Suyang *at* the show :)

Suyang (A.K.A. 老板) was a pleasure to chat with, very friendly and happy to answer questions and go into detail if I wanted.
My main regret is that I was mostly busy listening (or getting sidetracked chatting with other attendees at the stall) so I couldn't chat with him as much as I would have liked.

The quality of the craftsmanship and innovation on these cables is second to none.
I was auditioning most of the line-up of the Empire Ears (EE) stand, which was conveniently situated right next door to the EA stand.
So I was able to borrow alternate cables from EA to try with a few different EE IEM's (I do love my acronyms - LOL) :p

Annoyingly, I recall listening to the Leonidas II and thinking it was astonishingly good, but I can't now recall what were the exact characteristics that made it so.
Ditto the Thor II 8 wire.
More follow-up listening required, haha.

Still, what I *can* say is that I went there with some rough ideas about what I thought I would like (based on reading this thread and the EE thread and reviews).
However, I did go also with an open mind and was happy to defer to Suyang's deep expertise and listen to his advice above my own preconceptions; I would encourage anyone else to do the same!

I was looking for a cable that could give the most bass slam and rumble to a specific EE IEM. I thought the Thor 8 Wire or Ares II 8 wire would surely be the thing.
But he gently suggested I give the Ares II+ a go instead, which has 4 wires like the standard Ares II but thicker wires (22 AWG, if I recall correctly).

So I plugged in the IEMs with this cable, and started playing a song on my DAP, waiting for the bit in the song where the bassy drum kicks in.
Suyang was in the middle of chatting with another Head-Fi guy, when they both stopped and laughed at me, as I let out an involuntary "WHOOOOO!!" of shocked delight :D
I've never heard a slam and rumble like it. Absolutely astonishing.

Interestingly, I then tried the same cable with the EE Valkyrie (which comes as standard with the Eros II cable).
The difference in sound signature on the Valkyrie between the two cables was nothing short of revelatory.
Any 'cable skeptics'; I *highly* recommend you to duplicate this test.
With the standard Eros II cable, the Valkyrie has this vast, open, brightness in the top end. Some will love it, some may find it fatiguing or wish they could dial it back a bit.
With the Ares II+ all that brightness was dialled back, and some warmth added in, along with a lift in the rumble and slam of the low end, although not excessively.
It was literally like listening to two completely different IEMs.

Well, that's all I have to say for the moment.
But thanks again to the EA team, and I can only recommend them (and the products of course) very highly!
The prices range from pretty reasonable to TOTL, but unlike some products in the audio world, talking to Suyang I can really feel the depth of knowledge and years of relentless experimentation with materials, composition, cable geometry, science and all sorts that have gone into making these products. Cannot recommend enough :)

Very, very impressive indeed. :clap:
So glad you dropped by! :blush:
Pity Suyang was too busy to take a photo of that "WHOOOOO!!" look of yours, haha.

May I (cheekily) ask for more impressions like this? :smile_cat:

Jul 31, 2019 at 5:48 AM Post #3,759 of 7,907
May I (cheekily) ask for more impressions like this? :smile_cat:

Well, unless you can lend me a time machine so I can go back to CanJam, unfortunately that's about all I've got for now :p

However, there's so many cables in the EA line-up (and permutations of each one); it would be great to hear more impressions and comparisons from other Head-Fi members :)

Jul 31, 2019 at 9:59 AM Post #3,760 of 7,907
Hello everyone, i need some help for picking my next cable for Meze Empyrean.
I currently use Leonidas Ii Octa with my IEM which i really love the pairing.
However, my local distributor does not have any cable that compatible with the Empyrean for demo, as a result, i'm not sure
what the pairing between each cable and the headphone will be.

Can you suggest which model i should be placing an order for?
I'm looking to add an airiness to the sound while keeping the high not too harsh ( loving the current high's control) and some boost to the vocal as well.
My music preferences are mainly oldies( Carpenter, bee gee ) and vocals. Bass is not my priority since i dont usually listen to rock, EDM or other bass intensive songs.
My current options are either another Leonidas II octa , Cleopatra ( but afraid that high will be a bit too harsh ) , or maybe Thor

Jul 31, 2019 at 3:11 PM Post #3,761 of 7,907
Harsh highs with Cleopatra Octa and Leo II are the last thing you’ll ever hear on those cables. BTW, Cleopatra enhances the bass quite a bit, but since that’s not your priority but incredible midrange performance, I would stick with Leo II octa on that regard

Aug 2, 2019 at 1:45 AM Post #3,762 of 7,907
Leo II Octa is such a magical cable. Adds great texture and punch to the bass and excellence across the entire spectrum.

IMG_20190731_093611.jpg

Aug 6, 2019 at 6:22 AM Post #3,764 of 7,907
Hi EA,

Any suggestion for Unique Melody Maestro v2, in order to improve clarity and bass at the same time ?

Thanks !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back