Effect Audio cables thread
Dec 21, 2018 at 9:20 AM Post #3,181 of 7,919
Ho! Ho! Ho!

20181220_153636.jpg

Thank you for the early Xmas treat. Big shoutout to @EffectAudio and @Deezel177 for making this happen. I shall do my bestest to evaluate this amazing cable.

Dec 21, 2018 at 9:48 AM Post #3,182 of 7,919
I'm jealous. . . Enjoy! Looking forward to hearing your impressions of it!

Ho! Ho! Ho!

Thank you for the early Xmas treat. Big shoutout to @EffectAudio and @Deezel177 for making this happen. I shall do my bestest to evaluate this amazing cable.

Dec 21, 2018 at 10:29 AM Post #3,183 of 7,919
Dec 21, 2018 at 11:23 AM Post #3,184 of 7,919
Okay... Am I allowed to say that opening up this box was a slightly arousing experience? I mean, look at it. Even in a crappy picture it looks darn sexy! :D

Ho! Ho! Ho!

Congrats and enjoy guys :thumbsup:
It looks marvelous and first impressions / reviews have been extremely positive so far.

I'm almost out of audiobudget for this year, but at least I've got enough budget left for a dec. 31 (Frekkel) lottery ticket.
So, with that €30 million in my bankaccount a Leo II might be* my first 2019 order :grin:

*...and maybe a modest 64 wire Horus just to go with it, nahahahaha :imp:

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2018 at 11:48 AM Post #3,185 of 7,919
Well, they only get there after three-hour-long arguments with the Sun and two-day's-worth of Photoshop, but I appreciate the kind words nonetheless. :D Can't wait to hear your impressions of the Phantom + Leo II combo, brother. I reckon this faint-and-happy-dance routine is about to get an encore. :wink:
:innocent: "Let's give myself a little sneak preview..." :innocent:
OMG.gif

Yeah, you're right Daniel... This. So very very this. :D
Very early impressions in one word: grand.
Listening with my Phantom I am starting to lean towards "flawless". And that is coming right off the back of Horus and the Han Sound Venom. This synergy man... [giggles like a little schoolgirl]
Congrats and enjoy guys :thumbsup:
It looks marvelous and first impressions / reviews have been extremely positive so far.

I'm almost out of audiobudget for this year, but at least I've got enough budget left for a new years (Frekkel) lottery ticket.
So, with that €30 million in my bankaccount a Leo II might be* my first 2019 order :grin:

*...and maybe a modest 64 wire Horus to go with it, nahahahaha :imp:
You really need to hear this at some point. As soon as we both have time we'll catch up on the lunch we missed yesterday and I will let Leonidas II transport you to sonic bliss and beyond.

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2018 at 3:51 PM Post #3,186 of 7,919
When I bought the Ares II 8-wire at CanJam London it was by far the most expensive cable I ever bought , at the time I was very happy with it and I consider the Ares II 8-wire still fantastic value for money .
A couple of weeks ago i took the plunge and bought a barely used Leo II at triple the price of the 8-wire and i must say : WM1Z + Leo II + Phantom = pure audio bliss , the Leo II is worth every penny ! :ksc75smile:

Dec 21, 2018 at 5:29 PM Post #3,187 of 7,919
At this point I have to ask @EffectAudio whether the Leo II is actually a 8 wire that they pointed their palladium powered shrink ray at :p

Dec 21, 2018 at 11:08 PM Post #3,188 of 7,919
Horus 8 web.jpeg

Simply amazing!! The "Horus 8" program slots are fully taken and sold out less than 24 hrs after it's launch! Thank you all for the massive support in Effect Audio and our products!

- Eric

Effect Audio Stay updated on Effect Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/effectaudiosg/ https://twitter.com/EffectAudio https://www.instagram.com/effectaudio/ http://www.effectaudio.com/ https://wa.me/message/A64BKXQECHD4E1 info@effectaudio.com
Dec 22, 2018 at 12:57 PM Post #3,190 of 7,919
I wonder how many Horus actually exists in the wild. For all 30 spaces to be filled in a day is impressive to say the least.

Also teasing something involving nylon on Facebook, perhaps sleeved cables ala Black Editions?

Dec 22, 2018 at 5:54 PM Post #3,191 of 7,919
I wonder how many Horus actually exists in the wild. For all 30 spaces to be filled in a day is impressive to say the least.

Also teasing something involving nylon on Facebook, perhaps sleeved cables ala Black Editions?

I doubt it. It looks like nothing more than a new Y-split.

Dec 22, 2018 at 6:00 PM Post #3,192 of 7,919
I doubt it. It looks like nothing more than a new Y-split.
Yeah thats what I thought initially, but I noticed in the distant past, that EA had done a sleeved Thor.

Hope it's an option since I very much prefer the current Y-Split.

Btw I was reading on your interview with Kumitate Lab, any plans on doing one with EA in the future?

Dec 22, 2018 at 6:47 PM Post #3,193 of 7,919
Yeah thats what I thought initially, but I noticed in the distant past, that EA had done a sleeved Thor.

Hope it's an option since I very much prefer the current Y-Split.

Btw I was reading on your interview with Kumitate Lab, any plans on doing one with EA in the future?

Definitely! I’ve tossed the idea over to Eric and he’s all for it. Of course, these interviews take quite a bit of time to put together since I personalise each interview to the guest after due research. Expect it in 2019, though. :D

Dec 23, 2018 at 9:47 AM Post #3,194 of 7,919
Just continuing my impressions during my burn in of the Leo II. :)

I’ve been solidly on the ground this past week. Even though it’s been hectic at work and outside.

I’ve started moving the Leo II and Titan on to the Sony NW WM1Z. Whilst I must say that the combo was fantastic on the 1A, it is simply staggering on the 1Z. The 1Z is of course jaw dropping in the quality and layering of bass, whilst retaining excellent sparkling trebles.

The Leo II shines by not being there: it conveys all that is awesome on the 1Z and allows the sound quality and tonality of the 1Z come through with crystal clear effortlessness. What the Leo II does do however is to shine the spotlight on the nuanced bass of the 1Z and it’s seductive mids, especially with female vocals.

I have been spending some quality time with Sandy Lam, my favourite HK singer. With the assistance of the Leo II, she has been plucking at the strings of my heart. Very moving stuff!

Of course there are those who will swear by the SP1000 because they think the tonality of the 1Z being too thick. Well, I have the SP1000Cu and what I will says is where the SP1000 is wider in its soundstage, the 1Z is much deeper and layered. One should give the 1Z a listen with your TOTL IEM: I suspect you will complain less about thickness of the sound of the 1Z.

I still maintain that the Leo II is crystal clear but with no hint of brittleness or anaemia. On the 1Z, another quality shines through: the background is so very black too as well. When I discussed this with Eric, he agrees and says that this is down to the palladium.

I have received exciting news that my FitEar Air2 will arrive on Wednesday. I shall no doubt give them a listen with the Leo II too. So, stay tuned. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back