Effect Audio cables thread
Nov 12, 2018 at 3:07 AM Post #3,032 of 7,927
IMG_4297.JPG IMG_4296.JPG IMG_4295.JPG

Heading out today!! Thank you all for the patience during the batch #2 pre-orders. The order option for Leonidas II remains closed for the moment. Please kindly await details for #3 Pre-Order! :)

Effect Audio Stay updated on Effect Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/effectaudiosg/ https://twitter.com/EffectAudio https://www.instagram.com/effectaudio/ http://www.effectaudio.com/ https://wa.me/message/A64BKXQECHD4E1 info@effectaudio.com
Nov 14, 2018 at 12:16 AM Post #3,033 of 7,927
I know I'm going a bit backward, with Leo II first and then Janus cable reviews, but I just had to borrow Janus B and D from MusicTeck to find out how they sound and compare. The review is here. Enjoy!

ea_janus-01.jpg ea_janus-16.jpg ea_janus-06.jpg ea_janus-10.jpg

Nov 14, 2018 at 11:19 PM Post #3,034 of 7,927
I must say the Leo II + Phantom combo is outstanding. For those who would've loved the Phantom if it wasn't for its warmth or lower-treble peak (and happen to have US$888 lying around because of course, that is a massive factor I mustn't forget) Leo II is the answer in my eyes. It gives the Phantom a noticeable increase in clarity and detail-led transparency by controlling the warmth in its bass, and gives instruments a more articulate, brighter touch. But, it maintains its gorgeously smooth, meaty timbre - now further refined and clear. I may post further impressions down the line, but if anyone out there's currently considering a Leo II purchase for their Phantom, my answer would be an unequivocal yes. :D
This is not good for wallet. Very good for Eric and EA though.

Nov 14, 2018 at 11:39 PM Post #3,035 of 7,927
I've been insanely busy with a couple of upcoming reviews as well as covering the most recent Custom Art prototype, but without spoiling too much, I must say the Leo II + Phantom combo is outstanding. For those who would've loved the Phantom if it wasn't for its warmth or lower-treble peak (and happen to have US$888 lying around because of course, that is a massive factor I mustn't forget) Leo II is the answer in my eyes. It gives the Phantom a noticeable increase in clarity and detail-led transparency by controlling the warmth in its bass, and gives instruments a more articulate, brighter touch. But, it maintains its gorgeously smooth, meaty timbre - now further refined and clear. I may post further impressions down the line, but if anyone out there's currently considering a Leo II purchase for their Phantom, my answer would be an unequivocal yes. :D
It sounds much like the impression I get using the Thor II 8 with the Phantoms. Plus it's cheaper at $850! LOL

Nov 15, 2018 at 2:00 PM Post #3,037 of 7,927
It sounds much like the impression I get using the Thor II 8 with the Phantoms. Plus it's cheaper at $850! LOL
Do you feel that the Thor II 8 jacks up the bass of Phantom? IMO on the stock Aries II it already has sufficient bass and I only want to cool down the sound without jacking it up like silver tends to.

Nov 15, 2018 at 2:02 PM Post #3,038 of 7,927
I've been insanely busy with a couple of upcoming reviews as well as covering the most recent Custom Art prototype, but without spoiling too much, I must say the Leo II + Phantom combo is outstanding. For those who would've loved the Phantom if it wasn't for its warmth or lower-treble peak (and happen to have US$888 lying around because of course, that is a massive factor I mustn't forget) Leo II is the answer in my eyes. It gives the Phantom a noticeable increase in clarity and detail-led transparency by controlling the warmth in its bass, and gives instruments a more articulate, brighter touch. But, it maintains its gorgeously smooth, meaty timbre - now further refined and clear. I may post further impressions down the line, but if anyone out there's currently considering a Leo II purchase for their Phantom, my answer would be an unequivocal yes. :D
Leo II is by far my most expensive cable ever but I'm glad I took the plunge , I unequivocally agree that Phantom & Leo II (& WM1Z) are a stellar combo !
1z +leo II.jpg

Nov 15, 2018 at 3:21 PM Post #3,039 of 7,927
Alas my notoriously bad luck strikes again. 2 pin cover came loose on my Aries II 8 while rolling cables for my sister. Thankfully the thick braid gives it no room to slide off.

Leo II is by far my most expensive cable ever but I'm glad I took the plunge , I unequivocally agree that Phantom & Leo II (& WM1Z) are a stellar combo !
Lol what stopped you before that? I mean you already own $2300 IEMs and a $3500 DAP, $1100 Cable is a drop in the bucket (all prices Cdn)

Nov 15, 2018 at 4:38 PM Post #3,040 of 7,927
Lol what stopped you before that? I mean you already own $2300 IEMs and a $3500 DAP, $1100 Cable is a drop in the bucket (all prices Cdn)
It's about mental barriers , I thought : I'll never spend more than 1000 euro on a DAP before I proceeded to buy the 1Z , the same happened with my Phantom and now with a cable . When I bought the Ares 8-wire for 230 euro I remember thinking : It will take something special for me to spend more than 500 euro on a cable but now that I did : I blame @Deezel177 :smile_phones:

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2018 at 5:46 PM Post #3,041 of 7,927
It's about mental barriers , I thought : I'll never spend more than 1000 euro on a DAP before I proceeded to buy the 1Z , the same happened with my Phantom and now with a cable . When I bought the Ares 8-wire for 230 euro I remember thinking : It will take something special for me to spend more than 500 euro on a cable but now that I did : I blame @Deezel177 :smile_phones:
Lol theres a reason Im glad I don't get to test out a lot of stuff. Daniel's reviews though have convince me to pull the trigger on a couple items.

@Deezel177
Would you say that the Leo II like all silver cables tames the warmness of the Phantom but adds on more body and thump on the bass?

Nov 15, 2018 at 6:19 PM Post #3,042 of 7,927
Do you feel that the Thor II 8 jacks up the bass of Phantom? IMO on the stock Aries II it already has sufficient bass and I only want to cool down the sound without jacking it up like silver tends to.
No it doesn’t elevate the bass, rather it tightens it up and removes a touch of the warmth from the upper bass and lower mids. IMO

Nov 15, 2018 at 6:35 PM Post #3,043 of 7,927
Lol theres a reason Im glad I don't get to test out a lot of stuff. Daniel's reviews though have convince me to pull the trigger on a couple items.

@Deezel177
Would you say that the Leo II like all silver cables tames the warmness of the Phantom but adds on more body and thump on the bass?

I noticed that @marcusd talked about different cables in his recent Phantom review here, mentioning that Leo II, Janus, and other EA 8wire cables pair up much better than "stock" Ares II 4wire.

Nov 15, 2018 at 7:02 PM Post #3,044 of 7,927
I noticed that @marcusd talked about different cables in his recent Phantom review here, mentioning that Leo II, Janus, and other EA 8wire cables pair up much better than "stock" Ares II 4wire.
Thanks, I skimmed over it didnt give a look. Maybe I'll just get my Aries II 8 reterminated or a Thor II. A couple of those options are way outside my budget range and 8 wires just dont cooperate with my ears.

That said: Batch 3 of Leo II incoming Black Friday! Get your wallets ready folks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back