Effect Audio cables thread
Oct 26, 2018 at 6:52 PM Post #3,001 of 7,966

@EffectAudio
Is the Psquared 3.5mm plug suppose to be able to come apart like this? I know that you're suppose to be able to unscrew the jack, but the ring with the engraved logo has ended up like this twice in the last 2 weeks.
Man you must be one of the unluckiest person, has all the trouble with your cable

Oct 26, 2018 at 6:56 PM Post #3,002 of 7,966
Man you must be one of the unluckiest person, has all the trouble with your cable
Tell me about it. I babied my Lionheart and it still falls apart. My Aries 8 wire has no issue what so ever....

Oct 27, 2018 at 1:02 PM Post #3,003 of 7,966
Eh, when you own a Ferrari you don't simply put regular gas in it. You go all out. The plan right now is a silver cable for Zeus, than probably the SE100.

i need to stay civil here so i will just say that we feel like I am talking to a wall here

Zeus does not pair well with silver cables , if you're gonna spend all that dough just get pw1960s 2-wire and be done

cheers

Oct 27, 2018 at 2:11 PM Post #3,004 of 7,966
i need to stay civil here so i will just say that we feel like I am talking to a wall here

Zeus does not pair well with silver cables , if you're gonna spend all that dough just get pw1960s 2-wire and be done
cheers

1. I like Zeus with silver cables.
2. I'm not going to spend $1300 Cdn on a copper cable nor on any sort of cable.

Please stop trying to force your subjective tastes on me.

Oct 27, 2018 at 2:26 PM Post #3,005 of 7,966
ah i didn't know that about silver cables, my bad

well good luck with the matter no worries

Oct 27, 2018 at 2:33 PM Post #3,006 of 7,966
ah i didn't know that about silver cables, my bad

well good luck with the matter no worries
No problem. All about ones prefences after all

Oct 29, 2018 at 11:49 PM Post #3,007 of 7,966

@EffectAudio
Is the Psquared 3.5mm plug suppose to be able to come apart like this? I know that you're suppose to be able to unscrew the jack, but the ring with the engraved logo has ended up like this twice in the last 2 weeks.

Hey Buddy,

This is not only ridiculous but frankly VERY unacceptable! Please get in touch with us. I'll arrange for a 1-1 exchange for a new piece for you. Meanwhile, if possible could you supplement more pictures of this for me, i'll have to have a chat with Pentaconn over this.

Apologies for the inconvenience. I'll arrange for a Express Delivery to you ASAP. Please send in a mail to me.

-Eric

Effect Audio Stay updated on Effect Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/effectaudiosg/ https://twitter.com/EffectAudio https://www.instagram.com/effectaudio/ http://www.effectaudio.com/ https://wa.me/message/A64BKXQECHD4E1 info@effectaudio.com
Oct 30, 2018 at 12:49 AM Post #3,008 of 7,966
Hey Buddy,

This is not only ridiculous but frankly VERY unacceptable! Please get in touch with us. I'll arrange for a 1-1 exchange for a new piece for you. Meanwhile, if possible could you supplement more pictures of this for me, i'll have to have a chat with Pentaconn over this.

Apologies for the inconvenience. I'll arrange for a Express Delivery to you ASAP. Please send in a mail to me.

-Eric
Hey Eric,

Thanks for responding, I've sent a PM.

Nov 2, 2018 at 3:12 AM Post #3,010 of 7,966
It's gone very quiet in here...is everyone enjoying their Leo II? :)
I have not heard that one yet, but would love to after @Deezel177 teased me about the synergy with the EE Phantom. :wink: That said, with the move out of the way I can finally get back to the Eros II 8-wire and work on my review of that one... such an incredibly nice cable and Leo II will have to pull a mighty big rabbit out of a hat to get better synergy with the Phantom. :D

Nov 2, 2018 at 3:28 AM Post #3,011 of 7,966
I just got my Leo II today! First impressions paired with my Legend X and DX200 Ti with AMP8:

Awesome cable! Black background, super clear and transparent, bass is very refined and tight but still powerful, soundstage not quite as wide as the Ares II 8-wire. When switching between the Ares and the Leo it sounds like a veil is lifted. The Leo is more upfront sounding, a little brighter with some treble sparkle. It's slightly less forgiving than the Ares II 8-wire. The Andromeda comes to mind as the Leo II makes the LX so transparent and clear! The bass is pretty incredible as well. It really is the closest to an 8-wire in terms of soundstage, low end reproduction and air that I've heard from a 4-wire cable. Definitely the most transparent and clear sounding cable I've heard.

Nov 2, 2018 at 3:45 AM Post #3,012 of 7,966
It's gone very quiet in here...is everyone enjoying their Leo II? :)

I have not heard that one yet, but would love to after @Deezel177 teased me about the synergy with the EE Phantom. :wink: That said, with the move out of the way I can finally get back to the Eros II 8-wire and work on my review of that one... such an incredibly nice cable and Leo II will have to pull a mighty big rabbit out of a hat to get better synergy with the Phantom. :D

I've been insanely busy with a couple of upcoming reviews as well as covering the most recent Custom Art prototype, but without spoiling too much, I must say the Leo II + Phantom combo is outstanding. For those who would've loved the Phantom if it wasn't for its warmth or lower-treble peak (and happen to have US$888 lying around because of course, that is a massive factor I mustn't forget) Leo II is the answer in my eyes. It gives the Phantom a noticeable increase in clarity and detail-led transparency by controlling the warmth in its bass, and gives instruments a more articulate, brighter touch. But, it maintains its gorgeously smooth, meaty timbre - now further refined and clear. I may post further impressions down the line, but if anyone out there's currently considering a Leo II purchase for their Phantom, my answer would be an unequivocal yes. :D

Nov 2, 2018 at 5:57 AM Post #3,013 of 7,966

I'll look forward to reading that. I used to have the 4-wire Eros II and enjoyed that.

Nov 2, 2018 at 5:59 AM Post #3,014 of 7,966
I just got my Leo II today! First impressions paired with my Legend X and DX200 Ti with AMP8:

Awesome cable! Black background, super clear and transparent, bass is very refined and tight but still powerful, soundstage not quite as wide as the Ares II 8-wire. When switching between the Ares and the Leo it sounds like a veil is lifted. The Leo is more upfront sounding, a little brighter with some treble sparkle. It's slightly less forgiving than the Ares II 8-wire. The Andromeda comes to mind as the Leo II makes the LX so transparent and clear! The bass is pretty incredible as well. It really is the closest to an 8-wire in terms of soundstage, low end reproduction and air that I've heard from a 4-wire cable. Definitely the most transparent and clear sounding cable I've heard.

Thanks for the impressions. This is music to my ears as my Leo II will be arriving Monday and i'll be using it with the LX :). The main reason was to give the LX a little more sparkle and some tightness to the bass.

Nov 2, 2018 at 8:28 AM Post #3,015 of 7,966
I'll look forward to reading that. I used to have the 4-wire Eros II and enjoyed that.
Yeah, I loved Eros II as well when I had it on loan. Was so sad I had to send it back and felt incredibly lucky to get the 8-wire version to review. Like seeing an old friend who has matured to become an even better friend. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back