Effect Audio cables thread
Nov 15, 2018 at 9:02 PM Post #3,046 of 7,908
Thanks, I skimmed over it didnt give a look. Maybe I'll just get my Aries II 8 reterminated or a Thor II. A couple of those options are way outside my budget range and 8 wires just dont cooperate with my ears.

That said: Batch 3 of Leo II incoming Black Friday! Get your wallets ready folks!

Actually, MusicTeck posted today, they just got a new batch of Leo II in their store already (2pin, 2.5mm terminated).

Nov 15, 2018 at 11:04 PM Post #3,047 of 7,908
It's about mental barriers , I thought : I'll never spend more than 1000 euro on a DAP before I proceeded to buy the 1Z , the same happened with my Phantom and now with a cable . When I bought the Ares 8-wire for 230 euro I remember thinking : It will take something special for me to spend more than 500 euro on a cable but now that I did : I blame @Deezel177 :smile_phones:

Don't kill the messenger. :wink:

Lol theres a reason Im glad I don't get to test out a lot of stuff. Daniel's reviews though have convince me to pull the trigger on a couple items.

@Deezel177
Would you say that the Leo II like all silver cables tames the warmness of the Phantom but adds on more body and thump on the bass?

Not at all. The Leo II tames the warmth of the Phantom by tightening the bass; reducing body and thump, and increasing authority.

Nov 16, 2018 at 2:34 PM Post #3,048 of 7,908
Not at all. The Leo II tames the warmth of the Phantom by tightening the bass; reducing body and thump, and increasing authority.

Now I want to hear it with Zeus given that description.

Nov 16, 2018 at 2:51 PM Post #3,049 of 7,908
would Lionheart (4 wire) be an overkill for my Zeus XR , if i already have Ares ii (8 wire) ?

I really like how ares ii pairs with zeus , curious how Zeus would fare with Lionheart

Nov 16, 2018 at 3:38 PM Post #3,050 of 7,908
would Lionheart (4 wire) be an overkill for my Zeus XR , if i already have Ares ii (8 wire) ?

I really like how ares ii pairs with zeus , curious how Zeus would fare with Lionheart
If the Lionheart 8 didnt kill the vocal power the 4 wire brought I'd have suggested that against the Aries II 8 :p

Id have to reterminate my Aries II 8 to do a proper comparison at this point on BAL. On SE, I preferred Aries II 8 over Lionheart. I much prefer Lionheart in BAL over SE Aries II 8.

Nov 16, 2018 at 6:36 PM Post #3,052 of 7,908
I wanted to go ahead and give a shoutout to Eric and @EffectAudio CS. . . The last few weeks have been a roller coaster with my Bespoke Cable order, but Eric and his team have sat next to me and helped me through it all. So I wanted to give a shoutout and first say a big THANK YOU.

I made the jump a few weeks back to get the Eros II bespoke wire. Naturally it meant having to part ways with my precious Thor II cable, which has been attached to my A18t. I mustered up the courage to part ways with it, and shipped it off to Singapore. . . By some unforeseen explanation, the shipping company did not deliver the cable I sent out. . . I thought matters couldn't get worse. . . but they did. . . The cable was never returned back to me. . . it got lost (and is still lost) in the mail. . . it is somewhere between the US and Singapore. . . who knows where it is . . .

I let Eric know what happened, and after waiting a few days to see if it would arrive, Effect Audio honored my purchase. . . and sent me a brand new Eros II Bespoke cable. And sent it with RUSH shipping. . . Got it in about three days. . . That is what I call going above and beyond. . .

Thank you Eric. . . Thank you @EffectAudio . . . Everyone. . . Eric is awesome. . . @EffectAudio is awesome. . .

That is all. . . *Drops Mic*

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2018 at 9:48 PM Post #3,053 of 7,908
Looks like Black Friday sales are starting early this year, all Effect Audio cables are on sale at Musicteck, even Leo II is on sale.

Nov 19, 2018 at 5:04 AM Post #3,054 of 7,908
【 Leonidas II ; Through the eyes of Asia 】

IMG_4484.JPG

Since it's launch, "Leonidas II" has been strongly affirmed by the audiophile community within Asia!

China

IMG_4485.JPG IMG_4486.JPG IMG_4487.JPG

During the recent CanJam Shanghai, the "Leonidas II" feedback form has indicated that "Leonidas II" is incredible dynamism with extremely intricate spatial details and superior transparency..

Korea

IMG_4488.JPG IMG_4489.JPG IMG_4490.JPG

In Korea, a fellow audiophile sealed the deal on the "Leonidas II" within seconds of audition! He felt that albeit being a 4wired cable, it has long surpassed any 8wires that he has listened to. Many local audiophiles are seemingly in accord ;

Japan

IMG_4491.JPG IMG_4492.JPG IMG_4493.JPG IMG_4494.JPG

In Japan, e-earphone has termed the "Leonidas II" as "MUST TRY" product of 2018. Akihabara Asst Store Manager Su-san comments : "This cable's resolution is incredible, transparency is within the top-notch as well. It performs effortlessly while presenting raw power. Mid Highs are rich and full and it's overtone surprises me. Lows are incredibly textured and well layered.

Thailand

IMG_4495.JPG IMG_4496.JPG IMG_4497.JPG

In Thailand, a well respected audiophile member 'Crocokid' was impressed by the resolution and the spatial presentation of it's soundstage. He comments that "Leonidas II" is perfect for long listening as he finds the lows are well layered and structured while the highs are incredibly clean with mid-tone sweetness ; An incredibly balanced and easy to pair cable.

Effect Audio Stay updated on Effect Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/effectaudiosg/ https://twitter.com/EffectAudio https://www.instagram.com/effectaudio/ http://www.effectaudio.com/ https://wa.me/message/A64BKXQECHD4E1 info@effectaudio.com
Nov 19, 2018 at 7:54 AM Post #3,055 of 7,908
【 Leonidas II ; Through the eyes of Asia 】

Since it's launch, "Leonidas II" has been strongly affirmed by the audiophile community within Asia!

China

During the recent CanJam Shanghai, the "Leonidas II" feedback form has indicated that "Leonidas II" is incredible dynamism with extremely intricate spatial details and superior transparency..

Korea

In Korea, a fellow audiophile sealed the deal on the "Leonidas II" within seconds of audition! He felt that albeit being a 4wired cable, it has long surpassed any 8wires that he has listened to. Many local audiophiles are seemingly in accord ;

Japan

In Japan, e-earphone has termed the "Leonidas II" as "MUST TRY" product of 2018. Akihabara Asst Store Manager Su-san comments : "This cable's resolution is incredible, transparency is within the top-notch as well. It performs effortlessly while presenting raw power. Mid Highs are rich and full and it's overtone surprises me. Lows are incredibly textured and well layered.

Thailand

In Thailand, a well respected audiophile member 'Crocokid' was impressed by the resolution and the spatial presentation of it's soundstage. He comments that "Leonidas II" is perfect for long listening as he finds the lows are well layered and structured while the highs are incredibly clean with mid-tone sweetness ; An incredibly balanced and easy to pair cable.

Nice photos... :wink:

Nov 19, 2018 at 11:09 PM Post #3,060 of 7,908
I wonder if effect audio had musicteck remove it from the sale given how new it is? Because I can 100% confirm it was once there for around $835 I believe.
Yup it was up for $835 originally.

Maybe they figured demand is high enough that they don't need to put it on sale

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back