edit: Got DT770 Pro 80 ohms Please suggest amplifier for Laptop use
Aug 20, 2012 at 7:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

josephkarthic

New Head-Fier
Hi,

I recently bought the Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80 ohms version after seeing many answers in the forum and i tested both 80 and 32 ohms..I didnt like the 32 much after hearing 80..But when listening from my laptop im not satisfied with the bass effect and the volume of the 80 ohms..

I know i should get an amplifier, Currently im looking for E10 or E7 for Permanent laptop use..Both are in the same price range here in sweden.. Please suggest me which one i should go for...

I need the powerful bass from the headphone even in low volumes, thts wht im looking for from the amplifier..Kindly help me in choosing the right one..thanks..
Quote:
Hello,

Im from Sweden and Im new to this forum and its my first post..Im looking for a full size closed headphone and i saw good reviews on beyerdynamics.. Comfort and Sub bass is the first priority for me..

But im in a confusion to choose between 32 vs 80..Ive heard 80ohms is good in bass than 32ohms is that right?

Also I'm having this laptop

http://www.laptopmag.com/review/laptops/dell-xps-15-sandy-bridge.aspx

which has the best audio driver waves maxx

http://www.maxx.com/content.aspx?id=739

should I need to get a headphone amplifier too for this laptop?

Please reply thanks..

Aug 20, 2012 at 7:32 AM Post #2 of 11
Considering that the DT770/32 is the MMX300 without a mic, and the current MMX300 is bass light, it's safe to assume the DT770 Pro 80 would be better suited for you. The DT770 pro 80 practically all sub bass. I'd actually say the 80ohm is easier to drive than the 32ohm... as strange as that sounds.

Aug 20, 2012 at 5:42 PM Post #4 of 11
I don't mess with laptops and such, so I couldn't help you there. All I know is that the DT770/80 isn't too hard to drive and a decent portable amplifier would be fine for it. Onboard soundcards are almost always worse than a decent dac/amplifier FWIR.

Aug 25, 2012 at 8:25 PM Post #5 of 11
Hi,

I recently bought the Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80 ohms version after seeing many answers in the forum and i tested both 80 and 32 ohms..I didnt like the 32 much after hearing 80..But when listening from my laptop im not satisfied with the bass effect and the volume of the 80 ohms..

I know i should get an amplifier, Currently im looking for E10 or E7 for Permanent laptop use..Both are in the same price range here in sweden.. Please suggest me which one i should go for...

I need the powerful bass from the headphone even in low volumes, thts wht im looking for from the amplifier..Kindly help me in choosing the right one..thanks..

Aug 25, 2012 at 9:24 PM Post #6 of 11
As you already was told built-in laptop audio is crap so I would recommend E17, it's DAC?AMP in one, you will connect it to your laptop USB port and completely bypass built-in audio. It also has built-in tone control which will let you adjust both bass and treble to your liking

Aug 25, 2012 at 10:29 PM Post #7 of 11
I've been using my DT770 Pro 80's with a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 USB interface and getting lovely sound from a Thinkpad T61 running Windows 7 (and also an E-MU 0404 USB from a homebuilt desktop system with XP).

I wouldn't recommend getting anything from Creative anymore, though, since they EOL'ed the 0404 USB and still don't have production-grade Windows 7 drivers for it! That's what led me to the Focusrite.

Then again, if you don't need/want microphone preamps, you might be better served by an output-only setup.

Aug 26, 2012 at 5:45 AM Post #9 of 11
Thanks for your reply guys,

But E17 is out of my budget..its 257 USD here in sweden and the other amps you mentioned are not available here..

Below are the list of amps which is readily available and are affordable to me..Could you please suggest one for my laptop use..

Behringer HA400

Fiio E5

Zalman ZM-RSA

Samson S-amp

SM Pro Audio Q-AMP

Rolls HA43 Pro

Dynavox CSM-112

Samson C-que8

Project Head Box S

NuForce uDAC-2

Fiio E10 Desktop headphone amplifier

Fiio E7 portable headphone amplifier

Im inclined towards E10  or E7 from the above list as i see some good reviews on them...Please suggest me which one I should go for? Or anyother amp from the above list which is better than that for Bass...Thanks in advance..

Aug 26, 2012 at 5:52 PM Post #10 of 11
Quote:
Thanks for your reply guys,

But E17 is out of my budget..its 257 USD here in sweden and the other amps you mentioned are not available here..

Below are the list of amps which is readily available and are affordable to me..Could you please suggest one for my laptop use..

Behringer HA400

Fiio E5

Zalman ZM-RSA

Samson S-amp

SM Pro Audio Q-AMP

Rolls HA43 Pro

Dynavox CSM-112

Samson C-que8

Project Head Box S

NuForce uDAC-2

Fiio E10 Desktop headphone amplifier

Fiio E7 portable headphone amplifier

Im inclined towards E10  or E7 from the above list as i see some good reviews on them...Please suggest me which one I should go for? Or anyother amp from the above list which is better than that for Bass...Thanks in advance..

I recommend you stay away from nuforce

Sep 3, 2012 at 9:24 AM Post #11 of 11
Hi Guys,

I finally bought the Fiio E10 to my DT 770 Pro and i made a good choice..

To the guys who was in a dilemma like me: if you have are in a confusion to get DT770 32 or 80 just go for 80 ohms and get a Fiio amp, the sound stage and the quality takes to a whole new level..32 ohms sounds like cramped and the velour pads in 80 is way beyond comfortable...32 is pleather and it sweats..

The BASS in 80ohms is like punching on your face..I mean the depth of it with bass boost on and low gain is marvellous from the output of my laptop..

especially with windows media player with setting the trubass and wow effect on i could feel the subwoofer effect inside my ears and i get goosebumps everytime i listen to a hiphop song with bass..i cant imagine how great it sounds..

thanks to this website which helped me to quench my professional audio thirst.. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back