Ebay Germany: Return of an Orpheus Sale
May 23, 2006 at 1:33 PM Post #31 of 88
This has gotta be a scam. No reply to my e-mails.

May 23, 2006 at 1:39 PM Post #32 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hirsch
Build quality is about a lot more than looks. The Qualia has a structurally weak headband that makes it easy to break. That shrieks of poor engineering. The L3K had issues where the wiring was too close to the driver IIRC, producing bass distortion in several units. The cable is also susceptible to breakage at the juncture where the wires from the earpieces meet (I'm aware of two cases of this). Pretty does not equal build quality. I'd rate the Orpheus as having better build quality than either of your examples, as I would expect it to last longer in normal use without need for repair.

Hmm, fair enough! I suppose I'd take a headphone that could last over one that was made with expensive materials only to look pretty.

May 23, 2006 at 5:58 PM Post #34 of 88
The buyer better have had contact with the seller..

May 23, 2006 at 6:03 PM Post #35 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by superman's ears
Is there anybody who got an answer from the seller?

I emailed a question on Sunday, no reply, asked it today again in German..
"Wille, den Sie in die US versenden?
wieviel?
Danke!!"

(Will you ship to the U.S., How much to?? Thanks -translated)

Maybe a better response if written in German!! Will let you know the reply
wink.gif

May 23, 2006 at 11:43 PM Post #36 of 88
I am the winning bidder. I will not be paying him until i get a reply and i would also like a photo of them with his ebay user name and date before i send that kind of money. Let me know if he replies to any of you guys. WISH ME LUCK!
orphsmile.gif

May 23, 2006 at 11:46 PM Post #37 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by surfboardz26
I am the winning bidder. I will not be paying him until i get a reply and i would also like a photo of them with his ebay user name and date before i send that kind of money. Let me know if he replies to any of you guys. WISH ME LUCK!
orphsmile.gif

It's general courteousy to wait for a reply before you buy; if you find that you don't want to go on with the transaction, he'll have to fish out huge eBay fees to relist the item, due to the item being $8k..

May 23, 2006 at 11:47 PM Post #38 of 88
hehe, we shall see,

May 23, 2006 at 11:58 PM Post #39 of 88
i bought my he60's from a guy in germany on ebay, and it was poorly listed on ebay. The photo looked bad, and on top of it all it took him 3-5 days to respond to me every single time i had a question for him. I knew it was risky but i took the risk. I asked if he recived my money and to verify that he shipped the headphones and it took 8 days for a response. Can you say nervous? Cuz i shure was but 2 weeks after payment i got them and they were in mint condition! What a relief!

I really hope this seller is ligit. This sure is an excellent deal! Thanks superman for posting it on head-fi.

May 24, 2006 at 12:07 AM Post #40 of 88
what also leads me to belive this seller is ligit is if you look at the last thing he sold, he got possitive feedback on it, and the formatting is the same style as the he90 listing so this can tell me that this ebay account isnt hi-jacked or anything like that. Either way you put it, there is still risk involved though. Ill let you guys know when he replies to me (might take a few days)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back