EarWerkz, a new CIEM company, discussion thread
Sep 9, 2015 at 12:00 AM Post #1,486 of 1,544
OMG. 500 hours? that will took a lot of waiting and excitement.

Upon my research, BAs benefit by a miniscule or nothing at all thru burning in. So I was a little worried and surprised that my low-end IEM sounds better than the Omegas.

Thanks for confirming it.  :)

Sep 9, 2015 at 5:14 AM Post #1,487 of 1,544
  Hi guys, i have my omegas and i am wondering if these babies do lean on the dark side? the treble is there but a little veiled. and the bass is not that deep. any thoughts about it? thanks

I wouldn't call it ''a dark sounding earphone'', but mid bass section makes lower mids a bit thicker and overall presentation a bit weightier/bolder. 

In sum, I would say that it is better than Harmony 8 Pro.  

Sep 9, 2015 at 8:51 AM Post #1,488 of 1,544

Not sure I'd say that.
I don't know if "better" is an appropriate term to compare flagships. People have different preferences, different tastes in music and different expectations.
I do also prefer the Legend Omega over the H8Pro, but that is only because I love that "darker" approach better. More impact and authority in the low end, thicker mids and weightier notes overall, those are the reasons why.
On the other hand, H8Pro has a wider soundstage and better extension in the high frequencies. But I still find the Omega more enjoyable and more musical.

Sep 9, 2015 at 9:10 AM Post #1,489 of 1,544
  Not sure I'd say that.
I don't know if "better" is an appropriate term to compare flagships. People have different preferences, different tastes in music and different expectations.
I do also prefer the Legend Omega over the H8Pro, but that is only because I love that "darker" approach better. More impact and authority in the low end, thicker mids and weightier notes overall, those are the reasons why.
On the other hand, H8Pro has a wider soundstage and better extension in the high frequencies. But I still find the Omega more enjoyable and more musical.

Surely people have different tastes, no argue on this, but as you can guess, there is a level difference even between flagships. 

When technically compared, additionally to your impressions, Omega has slightly better separation and mid detail. Also Omega's tonality is better than H8P; and H8P's treble is sticky even if it has a bit better extension. In my opinion, H8P's only advantages are stage dimensions (personally, I would say that this is about preference) ,airier presentation and faster low-end. All these difference make Omega better than H8P in terms of techniques, let's say technically superior, in place of ''better'' :)

Again, this doesn't mean that people should choose Omega over H8P.. Tastes after all and H8P is a good monitor in its class.. 

Sep 9, 2015 at 11:22 AM Post #1,490 of 1,544
Don't hesitate to remain in contact with EarWerkz; Jack Vang's very receptive of feedback. :wink:

Sep 10, 2015 at 2:52 PM Post #1,491 of 1,544

I wouldn't call it ''a dark sounding earphone'', but mid bass section makes lower mids a bit thicker and overall presentation a bit weightier/bolder. 

I got my Legend R in March. I only really started to use it in July which was when I felt satisfied with the effects of the burn in, and hardly used it during that time period. Usually, I'll leave it to burn in for a week, listen to a few songs to evaluate changes, then change the burn in playlist depending on what I head. Rinse and repeat.  

But I admit to being rather extreme and very particular about this. And also because I've heard one CIEM, and 2 demos that had such stunning clarity which made my experience with the legend R, prior to this point, a pain to listen to.

Quote:

Surely people have different tastes, no argue on this, but as you can guess, there is a level difference even between flagships. 

When technically compared, additionally to your impressions, Omega has slightly better separation and mid detail. Also Omega's tonality is better than H8P; and H8P's treble is sticky even if it has a bit better extension. In my opinion, H8P's only advantages are stage dimensions (personally, I would say that this is about preference) ,airier presentation and faster low-end. All these difference make Omega better than H8P in terms of techniques, let's say technically superior, in place of ''better'' :)

Again, this doesn't mean that people should choose Omega over H8P.. Tastes after all and H8P is a good monitor in its class.. 

I'll be frank, in that I would like to beg to differ and say that one can argue for technical superiority between IEMs based on the single criteria of clarity, or the lack of that 'veil' which you hear in your IEMs at times. 

Till date, I've only heard 2 demo production units, and one personal ciem from another company, that has clarity which surpasses my current legend R. Throw this against other 5 driver or 10 driver flagships and, based on what I've heard, the legend R (and prehaps omega) should still stand above them in its technical performance without any sweat. Those units had jaw dropping clarity, and as mentioned were also very, very revealing, just the way I like it. 

That said, I must stress that the legend R is VERY picky on the source used. If you are going to use songs from youtube and spotify to judge the legend R, or an amp that is too strong, then the legend R will give you nonsense, as a reflection of the source fed into it. IEM to source matching is important, and especially so for an extremely sensitive iem like the legend R. The legend R reflects what you give it, and do not mistake this against what some other iems do, which actually mask details in a bid to make poor recordings from phones sound enjoyable.  

Tonality however, of course is highly subjective, and hence not something I'll argue for. But if its to claim that one CIEM is 'better' than another? No problem. Its possible to create an objective list.

Sep 15, 2015 at 7:48 PM Post #1,494 of 1,544

I asked Jack to go after the "starry night skies" look. I think he absolutely nailed it.

Oh my they are even better in full resolution. They were already superb when I saw em on Instagram.

Congrats, enjoy em!

Ah... to be on a planet looking up and seeing such a sky. Why'd I have to be born in 2014 and not way into Starfleet's apogee era...

Sep 18, 2015 at 3:52 PM Post #1,497 of 1,544

I guess another can't hurt then!

Those are absolutely stunning, by far the best looking CIEM I've ever seen, I wonder if they can do a raging inferno pattern and look as realistic as these?!

Sep 18, 2015 at 4:34 PM Post #1,498 of 1,544
Those designs are just little marvels. I am so stoked about Earwerkz always improving and offering new possibilities.

Sep 19, 2015 at 4:11 AM Post #1,499 of 1,544
SGS told me the Penta was a detail freak and had very textured bass.

The upcoming 3 driver is supposed to be more like a next level Supra.

This pretty much sums it up. The Penta proto that I preferred is the same one Spamatuer preffered, if I'm not mistaken. I suggested a tweak or two. If they continue down its path, it should prove to be very proficient in detail/resolution. Bass was leaner than the Legend but still very well textured.

That 3 driver proto seemed to fit me like a glove. It has the supra airiness but an overall meatier/richer presentation. It sounded pretty awesome on my Tera/Picollo stack. I think Jack and Dean were pretty floored by its synergy with that proto!

Sixth87 Out of interest, was this proto ever released? Is it the current EW3? I enjoy Supra universal and I am looking for a custom with similar qualities but a little more low end...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back