EarWerkz, a new CIEM company, discussion thread
Aug 26, 2015 at 2:25 PM Post #1,473 of 1,544
  Audiophiles,

I'm astounded by the awesome community here and am very proud to see that many have had a very positive experience with us. I just wanted to stop by and announce that we are planning to become sponsors by October and have some VERY exciting things in the works. Stay tuned my friends, we're going all out for 2016. 

Best,
Jack Vang
Founder
EarWerkz

p.s. Thank you all sincerely for your support

That's cool. Keep improving :) 

I am impressed by Earwerkz's flagships so far. Legend R and Omega, they both have smooth and natural sound.

Aug 26, 2015 at 4:49 PM Post #1,475 of 1,544
I do not believe I can ever give a detailed discreption of sound or comparisons.  

1st ,I have only heard UK10 at the Newport Show this year ,they where GREAT/my favorite but the fit alone from Uk10 and CIEM would be "Apples to Oranges ",
2nd , be it age or past injuries (I have blown both eardrums at different times when I was younger and believe I have some hearing loss in upper frequency) my new favorite full cans at home
are also NEW HE560 which many call bright.

For now  ,I settled for a set of CIEM Omegas and a set of Usavants , as I wear IEM a LOT ,for "ME" its like having 2 cars ,
a high milage beater for the weekdays/work and nice"clean "weekend" Ride.

Aug 26, 2015 at 4:50 PM Post #1,476 of 1,544
I do not believe I can ever give a detailed discreption of sound or comparisons.  

1st ,I have only heard UK10 at the Newport Show this year ,they where GREAT/my favorite but the fit alone from Uk10 and CIEM would be "Apples to Oranges ",
2nd , be it age or past injuries (I have blown both eardrums at different times when I was younger and believe I have some hearing loss in upper frequency) my new favorite full cans at home

For now  ,I settled for a set of CIEM Omegas and a set of Usavants , as I wear IEM a LOT ,for "ME" its like having 2 cars ,

Aug 26, 2015 at 4:54 PM Post #1,477 of 1,544

"I have NO idea witch one will end up being the ""weekend ride".

Aug 26, 2015 at 6:42 PM Post #1,478 of 1,544
  "I have NO idea witch one will end up being the ""weekend ride".

I would love to have your take on this: http://www.head-fi.org/t/772698/noble-savant-thread-impressions-reviews-tours/120#post_11838234

I was hoping to pick up mine in two days at CJ London but it got pushed back.
From what I'm extracting from Brooko's the Savant and the Trinity Delta review+feedback; I'm a bit apprehensive.

Aug 31, 2015 at 2:28 AM Post #1,479 of 1,544
My new Earwerkz CIEM's arrived yesterday and I've gotta say I'm impressed with the build quality and pretty much everything else, this early on. They are a very special unit and I can't say much more about specifics ( I know how bad that reads ). Jack communicates well and I'm excited to have them. This was a very deliberate purchase with the goal of avoiding upgrade-itis and going as summit-fi as possible in the CIEM world. I've got a little Bach Orchestral Suite #3 in D Major going at the moment and I'm near goosebumps. 

I'm still adjusting my expectations as far as sound signature and expectations go, this being my first CIEM, but many IEM's over the last 14 years. Fit and finish are first class, I have done far too little testing to offer much of an informed opinion on the sound quality other than to say so far they're very good. At the moment, I'm only running Apple Lossless files via Audirvana Plus thru my MBP, I just ordered a Furutech Rhodium stereo adapter so I can at least see how they sound thru a better quality DAC. I think for the most part, these will be paired with my Questyle QP1-R (when it arrives). At that point, I'll offer a bit more of an opinion.

I absolutely love the blue shade. The "rice"-like grain on the veneer I chose really pops out with a lot of chatoyance in good lighting. This is one of the shots he took, I plan on busting out my studio gear when the QP1-R arrives. 

Aug 31, 2015 at 8:42 AM Post #1,480 of 1,544
Aug 31, 2015 at 11:59 AM Post #1,481 of 1,544
  My new Earwerkz CIEM's arrived yesterday and I've gotta say I'm impressed with the build quality and pretty much everything else, this early on. They are a very special unit and I can't say much more about specifics ( I know how bad that reads ). Jack communicates well and I'm excited to have them. This was a very deliberate purchase with the goal of avoiding upgrade-itis and going as summit-fi as possible in the CIEM world. I've got a little Bach Orchestral Suite #3 in D Major going at the moment and I'm near goosebumps. 

My new Earwerkz CIEM's arrived yesterday

What model is it ?

Aug 31, 2015 at 12:01 PM Post #1,482 of 1,544
Duh, silly me... Thanks AmberOzL ^^

Sep 3, 2015 at 12:52 PM Post #1,483 of 1,544
Just quick question, has anyone tried pairing the Legend R with the Fireye HDB amp? Just curious on the pairing...

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Sep 8, 2015 at 12:02 PM Post #1,485 of 1,544
  Hi guys, i have my omegas and i am wondering if these babies do lean on the dark side? the treble is there but a little veiled. and the bass is not that deep. any thoughts about it? thanks

The Omega certainly would be 'darker' than the R, if that is what you mean by a more prominent Sub bass regions at the cost of a slightly recessed Mids and Highs. That veil you hear however, is a matter of waiting for the burn in to settle in, of which you are looking at a rough estimate of at least 100 hrs according to earwerkz, or 500 hrs, which is what I ran mine through before it became a detail + clarity monster. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back